Did they change the penalty wait time?

I got disconnected from my very first game of the day and i got a 15 min penalty, I thought it was 5?

Did they change this?

Tagged: BHVR

Comments

  • It doesn’t reset to 5 min after exactly 24 hours, so if you recently got disconnected and already had 5 min it does escalated if you are disconnecting again in a specific timeframe after.

    the exact timeframes are not officially revealed as to not support/promote dc-ing every x hours

  • Nothing has changed with the disconnect penalty but it does get added to each time...it decays over a period of time, so each subsequent penalty will increase the timeout period if the decay period has not expired.

  • @Mooks said:

    It doesn’t reset to 5 min after exactly 24 hours, so if you recently got disconnected and already had 5 min it does escalated if you are disconnecting again in a specific timeframe after.

    the exact timeframes are not officially revealed as to not support/promote dc-ing every x hours

    This could be what happened, Im not sure if i had a dc in less than 24 hrs but it makes sense.

    thanks!

  • @MissBehavingX said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2831962#Comment_2831962

    This could be what happened, Im not sure if i had a dc in less than 24 hrs but it makes sense.

    thanks!

    It might also be based on frequency of disconnects over a longer period of time somehow. I've DC'd twice in the span of a few hours and only gotten 5 min bans for it, but I don't do that nearly every day.

  • @hailxsatanxeveryxday said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2832544#Comment_2832544

    It might also be based on frequency of disconnects over a longer period of time somehow. I've DC'd twice in the span of a few hours and only gotten 5 min bans for it, but I don't do that nearly every day.

    Iirc it’s:

    first dc: 5 min

    second dc: 5 min

    third dc: 15 min

    fourth dc: 1 hour (or was it 30 min?)

    and so on. Only got that far (actually til 24 hours( during a time when my game just crashed constantly…


    it does reset after some time, so it would start at the beginning again. But as I said, how long you have to not dc is not officially revealed.

  • @Mooks said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2832675#Comment_2832675

    Iirc it’s:

    first dc: 5 min

    second dc: 5 min

    third dc: 15 min

    fourth dc: 1 hour (or was it 30 min?)

    and so on. Only got that far (actually til 24 hours( during a time when my game just crashed constantly…

    it does reset after some time, so it would start at the beginning again. But as I said, how long you have to not dc is not officially revealed.

    Ah. Yeah, I don't think I've ever disconnected more than twice in a day.