Coming back after not playing for 4 months (rant)

I decided to launch DBD since I haven't played since Nov. 4, 2021 and after playing for 7 days, my thoughts so far

MMR

This feature needs to be removed entirely! Due to BHVR's poor choices of balancing I feel that MMR has no place in this game due to the fact it makes for unfun matchups ON BOTH SIDES

Killer

Killer really isnt worth playing, too stressful and I kinda hate how killer's are really forced to run slowdown perks just to get any kind of enjoyment out the game and expirence

Dead Hard - This perk needs to be addressed. Almost every game I went into for the past 7 days there was at least 2 Dead Hards! The perk being used to avoid taking a hit is fine! However; DH for distance is very problematic since it's NO RISK HIGH REWARD

Top Tier Killers - I've managed to get to Gold II, this rank is so stressful that I'm honestly considering only sticking with Artist, Blight, Oni, (and Sally Smithson if they fix her.) I honestly feel that you shouldn't be forced to play Top Tier killer's just to stand a chance as killer

Boons - I feel that boons were a great addition to the game, though my only gripe about Boons is that they are infinite/re-bless-able! I feel a killer's best way of dealing with Boons is just to ignore them since 90% of the time it's CoH


Survivor

It's no surprise to me that my survivor queue times are like 15-30 minutes, but I still find survivor very boring play!

Camping and Tunneling - As a killer I frown upon camping and tunneling. As a survivor I completely understand why it's done, but I feel that the current balance state of the game forces this playstyle on a lot of non viable killers!

Hold M1 - Outside of chase's I feel that survivor gameplay is very stale and I feel that it's because outside of gens, there's nothing for survivor's to do and they have to depend on killer's for a second obj

Overall

I feel that the game hasn't changed one bit after being gone for 4 months!

MMR, worse

Meta, hasn't changed

Gameplay, nothing new really

I don't wanna give up on this game, but I'm losing hope for this games future

Comments

  • 4 month is too short.

    If you want things to have changed when you start again i fear you have to wait longer.

  • Just another thread to ignore by bhvr, don't worry your complaints will be listened and they will improve the game!

  • In four months of time BVR can barely fix a bug. Making any solid game play changes in that time frame is not within their wheelhouse.

  • @MigrantTheGreat said:

    I decided to launch DBD since I haven't played since Nov. 4, 2021 and after playing for 7 days, my thoughts so far

    MMR

    This feature needs to be removed entirely! Due to BHVR's poor choices of balancing I feel that MMR has no place in this game due to the fact it makes for unfun matchups ON BOTH SIDES

    Killer

    Killer really isnt worth playing, too stressful and I kinda hate how killer's are really forced to run slowdown perks just to get any kind of enjoyment out the game and expirence

    Dead Hard - This perk needs to be addressed. Almost every game I went into for the past 7 days there was at least 2 Dead Hards! The perk being used to avoid taking a hit is fine! However; DH for distance is very problematic since it's NO RISK HIGH REWARD

    Top Tier Killers - I've managed to get to Gold II, this rank is so stressful that I'm honestly considering only sticking with Artist, Blight, Oni, (and Sally Smithson if they fix her.) I honestly feel that you shouldn't be forced to play Top Tier killer's just to stand a chance as killer

    Boons - I feel that boons were a great addition to the game, though my only gripe about Boons is that they are infinite/re-bless-able! I feel a killer's best way of dealing with Boons is just to ignore them since 90% of the time it's CoH

    Survivor

    It's no surprise to me that my survivor queue times are like 15-30 minutes, but I still find survivor very boring play!

    Camping and Tunneling - As a killer I frown upon camping and tunneling. As a survivor I completely understand why it's done, but I feel that the current balance state of the game forces this playstyle on a lot of non viable killers!

    Hold M1 - Outside of chase's I feel that survivor gameplay is very stale and I feel that it's because outside of gens, there's nothing for survivor's to do and they have to depend on killer's for a second obj

    Overall

    I feel that the game hasn't changed one bit after being gone for 4 months!

    MMR, worse

    Meta, hasn't changed

    Gameplay, nothing new really

    I don't wanna give up on this game, but I'm losing hope for this games future

    Boons should have 3 stacks. Booking a totem takes away 1

  • @Kilmeran said:

    In four months of time BVR can barely fix a bug. Making any solid game play changes in that time frame is not within their wheelhouse.

    Somehow people are still addicted to the game.

  • I worked in the game industry for 14 years. Fun fact: gamers have addictive personalities on average. Not only has Blizzard marketing used that to their advantage for decades, but I even used it to great success over in the Tabletop RPG industry. Dead by Daylight uses it effectively in the bloodweb grind and the small endorphin releases that elements of the game provides to players. So, yes, I would agree, and even say that addicted to the game is an accurate assessment.

  • @Kilmeran said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2831460#Comment_2831460

    I worked in the game industry for 14 years. Fun fact: gamers have addictive personalities on average. Not only has Blizzard marketing used that to their advantage for decades, but I even used it to great success over in the Tabletop RPG industry. Dead by Daylight uses it effectively in the bloodweb grind and the small endorphin releases that elements of the game provides to players. So, yes, I would agree, and even say that addicted to the game is an accurate assessment.

    That’s fascinating actually. To add on to that point . I find it funny how people all talk ######### about the game and talk ######### to the company yet you still play and spend money on it. This game is like an addiction. You say you quit but you go back anyway.