You de pip as survivor when the Killer dc's? Dafuq? Was it always like that?
I honestly dont remember but it is pretty stupid tbh 😂
I honestly dont remember but it is pretty stupid tbh 😂
Read THIS post.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
Yeah, on a tangent I’ve had people try to say that “pips” are what determines if you won or lost a match. This is yet another example of how pips aren’t actually a good metric of “winning”.
It should be just a visual bug.
Just remove depipping in general tbh
No it should stay in but not if the killer dcs
No I am back at Iri 2 2/5 pips
There is literally no logical reason to keep depipping.
Tbh they are a pretty decent system and with more fine turning and adjustments it could easily be a 500 times better skill based matchmaking then what we have right now. But obviously the devs just implemented them and just forgot about the emblems since then, they really should focus their work on that rather then the MMR which ovisouly has no reason to exist really.
When killer dcs, you've lost the game.
Simple as that, this is why this game sucks ass.
There is, its called ranking, 95% of all multiplayer games with a "ranked" mode has it too. Its to showcase your progress in the season which is a nice motivation for the player and since we finally got a decent end season reward its ever better of a reason to depip now.
Grades has nothing to do with ranking, and "because it prolongs grinding" is surely not a good reason to keep it.
It's like saying "we should get negative exp when we lose, so we can feel the progress of levels!", it doesn't makes sense.
Grades literally are a ranking, they just got seperated from the matchmaking, did you even play something else then dbd?
Grades is more equivalent to account level which resets every month, this is literally what dev said.
There is no "ranking" in this game right now.
Its just how they word it or in other words call it, it used to be the MMR and also your ranking back then, they just took out the function of the matchmaking of it but it is still in the core of it a ranking systen since it is literally designed as one. You can call it whatever you want but it is still a ranking.
It was ranking system but it's just a levelling system now, and since it stopped being a ranking system, it doesn't makes sense to keep depipping as that is only needed for ranking/MMR system.
I guess its a matter of taste since I still like it
But it is not for ranking anymore. It is for rewards only. Hence, depips should be removed. You are offering a reward for folks to show up and play the game, then using the stick when things go badly. For instance getting facecamped at 5 gens results in a depip, how does that showcase your progress?
No reward or progress system is perfect, I do agree that in moments like this there should be some kind of compensation but how or how much? If you have better ideas then spit it out, I bet the devs would love to hear and read ideas. I personally would have no idea tbh
I just think they should remove the depip. Rank is meaningless, a reward given for time played, so who really cares if you got your ass kicked one game? Are you not still playing, providing competition to others? I don't see the need to equate an ass kicking with some negative effect on your rewards.
Take the L, move on and keep grinding towards the rewards.
Bruh, grades are meant for BP, nothing else
well I get your point, I hope though they will keep working on the whole piping system though, still sad that they tossed it aside becuase of the half ass mmr.
Yes did I ever say it doesnt? lol