I Hope The Next Chapter Isn't Announced Early

This is killing all hype.


It's a lot of fun to discuss and analyze the clues. Pinhead was the best event of the year because of this (apart from the NFT drama).


Hopefully we can get a similar game for the next chapter.

Comments

  • It's probably because of the artist leak that Ringu was announced so early.

  • @Cybil said:

    It's probably because of the artist leak that Ringu was announced so early.

    Yeah this can be reason but they also revealed Resident Evil so early too.

  • I agree, there’s no reason to announce it so early.

  • I like the early announcement. It cuts down on one set of repetitive posts that quickly become obnoxious.

  • @Nathan13 said:

    I agree, there’s no reason to announce it so early.

    They are just killing hype. It is more enjoyable when you try guess. It keeping hype on chapter longer.

    @bm33 said:

    I like the early announcement. It cuts down on one set of repetitive posts that quickly become obnoxious.

    So you don't like guess games

  • @Cybil said:

    It's probably because of the artist leak that Ringu was announced so early.

    I dont think so. This might have been a wish on side of the License Holders.


    @Topic:

    Yeah, I hope the same. For me, it would be alright if they would announce it in the Anniversary Stream, like they did with Silent Hill. Even at risk that this community shows how ######### it is and spamming "Skip" and "Dont care" in Chat during the whole stream.

    In general, I hope for an Original Killer, something really unique. Maybe really a Spider, a complete new model would be something unique for the anniversary.

    But it will probably be another license... This year we had 3 out of 4 chapters with licensed Killers and while I really like Nemesis, Pinhead and Sadako are not really interesting and in general I think licensed Chapters are more boring than original Chapters.

  • Yeah, reveals seem to pee on the chips of the latest killer, it seems like they're in such a hurry to get them off the conveyor belt, it deflects lots of talk, discussion and hype off of the most recent character too soon imo. Id rather have more time between chapter releases personally so that the focus stays longer on the latest killer instead of looking at the next one.

  • I would imagine they announce it so early because otherwise it's likely to get leaked out. They would rather they announce it early then let leakers do it.

  • @bm33 said:

    I like the early announcement. It cuts down on one set of repetitive posts that quickly become obnoxious.

    And yet we still get swarmed with FNAF for 2 weeks every couple of months.

    @MikaelaWantsYourBoon said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2830612#Comment_2830612

    Yeah this can be reason but they also revealed Resident Evil so early too.

    RE was because of the anniversary showcase, which made sense. But yeah I'm hoping they do what they did with Artist/Silent Hill and just stay silent until release day about what exactly it is (I still remember everyone losing their ######### at the 4th Anniversary Reveal and the, like, 3 people that predicted Pyramid Head just smugly commenting "Told you so").

  • @Aven_Fallen said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2830612#Comment_2830612

    I dont think so. This might have been a wish on side of the License Holders.

    @Topic:

    Yeah, I hope the same. For me, it would be alright if they would announce it in the Anniversary Stream, like they did with Silent Hill. Even at risk that this community shows how ######### it is and spamming "Skip" and "Dont care" in Chat during the whole stream.

    In general, I hope for an Original Killer, something really unique. Maybe really a Spider, a complete new model would be something unique for the anniversary.

    But it will probably be another license... This year we had 3 out of 4 chapters with licensed Killers and while I really like Nemesis, Pinhead and Sadako are not really interesting and in general I think licensed Chapters are more boring than original Chapters.

    Anniversary should not be original. It should bring big name. But we had so much licenses last year and this year. So i would not mind new original chapter. But they can go for free license and they can use this for original chapter. We have good name for this: Dracula.


    Old Horror Icon, big name and free license. So they don't need to pay and they can make their Dracula version, so they can use their creative skills.


    I would gladly buy Dracula chapter. Dracula as killer, Warrior from Medieval Age as survivor and Dracula's Casttle as new map.

  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2830622#Comment_2830622

    And yet we still get swarmed with FNAF for 2 weeks every couple of months.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2830617#Comment_2830617

    RE was because of the anniversary showcase, which made sense. But yeah I'm hoping they do what they did with Artist/Silent Hill and just stay silent until release day about what exactly it is (I still remember everyone losing their ######### at the 4th Anniversary Reveal and the, like, 3 people that predicted Pyramid Head just smugly commenting "Told you so").

    Artist leaked, so leaks destroyed game but Pinhead and Pyramid Head had pretty fun guess games. I loved people who thought it is FNaF but clues was fitting for both franchises.

  • @MikaelaWantsYourBoon said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2830619#Comment_2830619

    They are just killing hype. It is more enjoyable when you try guess. It keeping hype on chapter longer.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2830622#Comment_2830622

    So you don't like guess games

    I'm not a fan of everyone needing to make their own post of why it should be their idea and every few days basically reposting the same post for 3 months until chapter is announced. If it was kept in a single mega thread it wouldn't be so bad. If not mega thread make a new subforum for wanted chapters/chapter guesses and keep the posts there instead of general discussion.

    @GoodBoyKaru said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2830622#Comment_2830622

    And yet we still get swarmed with FNAF for 2 weeks every couple of months.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2830617#Comment_2830617

    RE was because of the anniversary showcase, which made sense. But yeah I'm hoping they do what they did with Artist/Silent Hill and just stay silent until release day about what exactly it is (I still remember everyone losing their ######### at the 4th Anniversary Reveal and the, like, 3 people that predicted Pyramid Head just smugly commenting "Told you so").

    I wish those posts would just continually be merged into one post. The multiple posts every week got old a long time ago.

  • Yeah, they did announce Ringu a little early probably, but I’m not a marketing expert. 🤷‍♂️ I wonder what the optimal time is to release a teaser trailer for a game expansion in terms of generating a little buzz but not doing it too early and people losing interest by the time it comes out? Six weeks before release maybe?

  • I hope they don't announce it early too. However it'll be the anniversary chapter so i think they'll want to keep that hidden as best as possible

  • @MikaelaWantsYourBoon said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2830651#Comment_2830651

    Artist leaked, so leaks destroyed game but Pinhead and Pyramid Head had pretty fun guess games. I loved people who thought it is FNaF but clues was fitting for both franchises.

    and yet BHVR never revealed her so

  • @MikaelaWantsYourBoon said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2830638#Comment_2830638

    Anniversary should not be original. It should bring big name. But we had so much licenses last year and this year. So i would not mind new original chapter. But they can go for free license and they can use this for original chapter. We have good name for this: Dracula.

    Old Horror Icon, big name and free license. So they don't need to pay and they can make their Dracula version, so they can use their creative skills.

    I would gladly buy Dracula chapter. Dracula as killer, Warrior from Medieval Age as survivor and Dracula's Casttle as new map.

    Yeah, I also think that the Anniversary Chapter should be licensed. But I am honestly tired of licensed Chapters, especially if they are so lackluster like Pinhead or Sadako. And not even have a own Map.

    Thats why I would hope for something completely new as an original Killer, because this would also justify an original Killer if they would went out of their way and create a Spider (which was just an example), because it would be something completely different with other animations, a different model and other things.

  • Agreed. When they announce it early, people are hyped then forget about it after a while. Then time for the PTB comes and everyone is just like "oh, ok".