When are they changing the animation for Survivors again?

I remember them saying when they did the locomotion animation update for Survivors that they want to remake the for example healing or totem cleansing animation aswell, will this happen eventually?

Comments

  • @AhoyWolf said:

    I remember them saying when they did the locomotion animation update for Survivors that they want to remake the for example healing or totem cleansing animation aswell, will this happen eventually?

    Didn't they revert that locomotion update?

    If I remember correctly, people whined a bunch about what was a very visually appealing change because they weren't capable of adapting.

    Lots of "nobody likes this" was being thrown around, as I recall. I'd spit in disgust at that, but... Yeah.

    But maybe I'm thinking of the wrong thing?

  • They changed some things, not all.

    Also you have totem animations.

    I don´t think survs animation are changed again soon.

  • @CryptFriend said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/312203/when-are-they-changing-the-animation-for-survivors-again

    Didn't they revert that locomotion update?

    If I remember correctly, people whined a bunch about what was a very visually appealing change because they weren't capable of adapting.

    Lots of "nobody likes this" was being thrown around, as I recall. I'd spit in disgust at that, but... Yeah.

    But maybe I'm thinking of the wrong thing?

    I think the animations stayed, but were edited a tiny bit, I specifically remember the new animations for turning, those kinda broke the gameplay and they couldn't make them work, and thus they were removed.

  • @Marc_123 said:

    They changed some things, not all.

    Also you have totem animations.

    I don´t think survs animation are changed again soon.

    Well, the healing is still the same, even tho they specifically stated iirc that they want to change that, since it looks like the Survivors are performing some kind of voodoo ritual on their allies.

  • @CryptFriend said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/312203/when-are-they-changing-the-animation-for-survivors-again

    Didn't they revert that locomotion update?

    If I remember correctly, people whined a bunch about what was a very visually appealing change because they weren't capable of adapting.

    Lots of "nobody likes this" was being thrown around, as I recall. I'd spit in disgust at that, but... Yeah.

    But maybe I'm thinking of the wrong thing?

    Unfortunately the things I liked (turning animations) were removed while the awful new running + running while injured animations stayed. It wasn't an entire revert.

    What got a lot of people pissed off, though, is that we were promised the changes would be "purely visual". They would not impact gameplay or movement in any way. And so naturally, when it turns out the changes were more than purely visual and did, in fact, impact gameplay and movement people were rightly annoyed that they were lied to. Again.

    at least we got to keep being able to crouch while using an item, though. so there's that.

  • I hope they change the animation of healing mates. It's look like a massage.

  • The locomotion change only changed animations, character movement and handling stayed exactly the same. Yet some people swore it made the characters handle differently. It didn't, and it was purely visual.

    Some of those changes remained, all one has to do is look at a clip from 2019 or 2020, and notice how janky the movements of the survivors are. I think the reason people didn't get on board with it was that it introduced a whole new slew of bugs and issues along with it.