Is Freddy's "Puddle Placement" slowdown unnecessary, now?

I could be doing something wrong, but Freddy currently feels like a weaker Clown (in chase) with the added bonus of a teleport.

He seems to be pretty rare, nowadays, so this could be a quick QoL buff to incentivize picking him (he'd probably still be weak :( )

Comments

  • @neb said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2824560#Comment_2824560

    I just want old freddy back tbh. He was apparently horrible but it seriously looked fun to play.

    You are speaking to the right person, then! I've been insisting on his return for the past 2 years.

    And he wasn't horrible, to be honest. He had a few weaknesses, granted, but they could have been easily solved. Bring him back with a few QoL change and we have a perfect killer in our hands.

  • The stats said he was overperforming but they didn't know why (as said by Almo on stream) so they just nerfed every part of his kit a little to try hit the problem area.


    I doubt you will see a change for a while thanks to the whole "FUN" over balanced philosophy they are doing now. Justy look at Deathslinger.

  • @Mr_K said:

    He was being over rated to begin with. The last changes made to him were very minor but people took it as a death blow.

    I think killer pick rates are influenced by what people are complaining about at the time and just compound until BHVR makes a change.

    Wouldn't say giving him the worst add ons is the game is "minor"

  • @SOULWARRIOR71K said:

    As a freddy main, I have recently moved exclusively to using dream pallets instead. On a macro level, I lose more time to breaking pallets than I do just regular looping. As such, dream pallets tend to give me a solid advantage because of how reliant on pallets most survivors tend to be. It's always hilarious when someone breaks shack pallet during the chase and then I put a dream pallet and they somehow forget they just broke the pallet lol.

    Whenever I play freddy it is almost exclusively dream pallets Freddy. It's always amusing to have a pallet happy survivor burn all the pallets and get the next unlucky guy.

  • @chimera3 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2824383#Comment_2824383

    Wouldn't say giving him the worst add ons is the game is "minor"

    Also even if individually the changes were minor. They add up. It wasn't like freddy got one nerf and that was it. The devs hit everything he had.

    Samething happened with Deathslinger.

    Killer players want killers to feel strong so when a killer gets everything strong about them hit they just don't get played.

1 2 ›