New Texas Chainsaw Massacre

Man after 2 weeks of just watching olympics I switch around to see what else is on offer and there is a new texas chainsaw massacre I didn't even know about.

The universe is telling me to play Leatherface all afternoon.

Bring on the saw...

Comments

  • I cannot believe they tried to cancel Bubba in the trailer

  • @DoritoHead said:

    I cannot believe they tried to cancel Bubba in the trailer

    I never saw the trailer so can someone please explain to me how people tried to cancel Bubba?

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2820087#Comment_2820087

    there's a scene where some dude tells bubba that he'll be canceled if he tries anything.

    or something, anyway. my friends watched it, I didn't. heard it's meh.

    It's in the movie. I watched it yesterday.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2820087#Comment_2820087

    there's a scene where some dude tells bubba that he'll be canceled if he tries anything.

    or something, anyway. my friends watched it, I didn't. heard it's meh.

    Oh yeah THAT scene, your friends were right the movie is mediocre at best and the ending OH the ending, chef's kiss.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    The only TCMs movies I care about are the OG one and the 2003 remake, everything else is just meh... I tried watching the new one but it was really mediocre imo.

    The new one is trying so hard to be 2018 Halloween it hurts. No idea why, the 2013 3D TCM already did it a far better than the new TCM

  • it was mostly meh but it ended on a high note.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2820087#Comment_2820087

    there's a scene where some dude tells bubba that he'll be canceled if he tries anything.

    or something, anyway. my friends watched it, I didn't. heard it's meh.

    That gives off "How do you do fellow kids" vibes

  • @TatsuiChiyo said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2820078#Comment_2820078

    The new one is trying so hard to be 2018 Halloween it hurts. No idea why, the 2013 3D TCM already did it a far better than the new TCM

    That's what I felt when I watched it. I honestly don't hate that it tired to pay homage to the 2013 and original TCM in subtle ways, like the camera shutter sounds playing at some points, etc. But overall it was probably as mediocre as they get. Still better than half the movies FROM Netflix imo.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    The only TCMs movies I care about are the OG one and the 2003 remake, everything else is just meh... I tried watching the new one but it was really mediocre imo.

    I like the 2003 one for Jessica biel

    the 2005 one was good too imo

  • @PeaceNGrease said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2820162#Comment_2820162

    That's what I felt when I watched it. I honestly don't hate that it tired to pay homage to the 2013 and original TCM in subtle ways, like the camera shutter sounds playing at some points, etc. But overall it was probably as mediocre as they get. Still better than half the movies FROM Netflix imo.

    Yeah the attempt to try and bring back the original last girl as a sort of hardened survivor ala Laurie Strode was a bit weak. It wasn't given enough air time to make it even remotely meaningful.

    It had its moments but wasn't anything grand, I still kinda enjoyed it though even if it gets progressively more rediculous as it goes on, why there is a lake of water under the cinema lost me but it ended on a high note that made me think better of it than if they hadn't finished it off like that.

  • I liked it. You can read my long, rambling review of it in a thread I started in the off-topic section, so I won't rehash that here.

    It's not perfect, but it was better than I was expecting. It was no masterpiece, but it was fun and much better than the 2013 film.

    @TatsuiChiyo said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2820078#Comment_2820078

    The new one is trying so hard to be 2018 Halloween it hurts. No idea why, the 2013 3D TCM already did it a far better than the new TCM

    I mean, yeah, it was ripping off Halloween 2018 pretty hard, but it had halfway interesting characters and visual appeal.

    Ugh, I couldn't stand the 2013 movie. It was the most formulaic TCM in the entire series... which would have been at least watchable for the gore, but that ######### ending. That ######### ending. The scene with the big twist is one of the worst in mainstream horror, right up there with Michael duking it out in a martial arts battle with Busta Rhymes in Resurrection.

    @pseudechis said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2820264#Comment_2820264

    Yeah the attempt to try and bring back the original last girl as a sort of hardened survivor ala Laurie Strode was a bit weak. It wasn't given enough air time to make it even remotely meaningful.

    It had its moments but wasn't anything grand, I still kinda enjoyed it though even if it gets progressively more rediculous as it goes on, why there is a lake of water under the cinema lost me but it ended on a high note that made me think better of it than if they hadn't finished it off like that.

    That's a good point. Also, they wouldn't have been able to get beneath the cinema in the first place, because the ground is so hard in Texas that they can't even drill into it to make basements. (Well, you can with the right equipment, but it's ridiculously expensive, and almost no one does it, businesses included.)

    @deKlaw_04 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2820078#Comment_2820078

    I like the 2003 one for Jessica biel

    the 2005 one was good too imo

    Yeah, those movies are way underrated.

  • That movie was ass. I know milking remakes seems easy but cmon

  • @BrokenSouI said:

    The movie was god aweful

    Which one?

  • @BrokenSouI said:

    The movie was god aweful

    Thank god i wasn't the only one...

    It's completely lost all respect for the original series. TCM was never about the gore but more about the psychological effects of the family and what they put their victims through. It's sad that horror now days is all about making violence with no substance.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2820087#Comment_2820087

    there's a scene where some dude tells bubba that he'll be canceled if he tries anything.

    or something, anyway. my friends watched it, I didn't. heard it's meh.

    That scene is actually pretty funny.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    I didn’t understand the story behind his “mother”. Was she his actual mother? Where was she during the first movie? Were they also suggesting he didn’t kill anyone after the events of the first movie and her death set him off again?

    I just didn’t like it. Characters were forgettable. I don’t even recall anyone’s name. Sally was totally wasted. Besides trying to look like Leatherface I didn’t get a “Leatherface” vibe from him. He was too smart and cunning and what’s with making him like Jason and making him superhuman?

    The post credit scene should have made me excited. It didn’t.

    Seems like the writers just put different ideas together from some of films and came up with this mess. For example In the 2017 film Bubba spends some time in an orphanage. I think we are to believe she took him in after his killing spree in 1973 knowing full well what he was. The chainsaw behind a wall? Who did the construction work on that "project"?

    I expected more from Fede Alvarez name attached, as I liked his Evil Dead remake. Actually the only two things hs production brought was polished gore and cinematography.

    https://bloody-disgusting.com/movie/3704045/fede-alvarez-explains-what-leatherface-has-been-doing-since-1974-do-the-other-sequels-exist/