What Do You Think About Survivor Meta Perks?
New chapters are coming with new perks but also some old perks are buffing to be more viable. So we have some new meta perks. People are still using old perks too but this new perks also joined meta. What do you think about them? Which perks are okey and which perks needs changes? (I will make another topic for killer perks too, later. Today i wanna talk about survivor meta)
For me:
Prove Thyself = Generators are already fast and strong. I think this perk should rework, perks should not effect generator speeds.
Sprint Burst = Fine perk, does not need change.
Adrenaline = This perk should not have exhausted. It is end game perk. Except this, good perk.
Iron Will = This perk is fine but Stridor should buff for counter IW.
Decisive Strike = Fine perk, does not need change.
Borrowed Time = This perk is good but they should make something for bodyblock. Except this, good perk.
Unbreakable = Fine perk, does not need change.
Dead Hard = DH should not give distance, it should just ignore one hit. Probably DH needs rework.
Vigil = After buff, Vigil is still not super meta but i am seeing it more now. Good perk.
Windows of Opportunity = This is also new meta perk after buff. Good perk.
Head On = Other survivors should see locker with yellow aura, so you can help your solo teammates. Good perk.
Built to Last = This perk is also joined meta. Buff was good. Perk is also good. I don't think any problem it has.
Boon: Circle of Healing = This perk has really so big issues and it already nerfed two times? And still needs changes. At this point, next nerf probably will kill this perk. So i think they should take back all nerfs and they should make boons destroyable?
Comments
The only perk I really have a problem with is CoH. It neutered so many killers and playstyles.
At this point I barely play the killers who are impacted so much by it, but having whole characters almost rendered obsolete by a single perk is very poor design.
dead hard is the only perk I have a problem with.
The slightest change to bt would be to make the person with endurance have no collision so they can't body block the rescuer.
Slowdown perks completely neutered solo queue gameplay as well as SWF that is not sweating. A very unfun playstyle required.
I still don't see how a healing perk makes a killer unusable. It's already been nerfed so much I quit using it completely. The counterplay to them is too easy with killers stepping on them. 14 seconds plus having to find another totem is not worth a slightly faster self-care in a small area of the map. Not when a killer can instantly stop it with hardly any loss of time. Killers can't turn off self-care. CoH needs a buff to encourage its use to shake up the meta, a very stale meta that gets ignored by the devs, while killers get new meta changes every update.
Is prove thyself a meta perk? Don't get me wrong it's strong but like I don't see it as often as the usual suspects
Der Hard ans CoH needs to be nerfed or reworked they are the most brokenmperks in the Game that makes alot Killers unplayable
If PT loses its gen increase I think it needs more than a BP buff. Some kind of new mechanic. But I also think the BP bonus should apply after the match. When I bring PT I max out the objective category in a gen and a half. Personally I don't think the objective category should even have a hard cap but that's another story
The two perks I would change.
Boon CoH reworked to a slow passive heal over time instead of an active self care.
Dead Hard reworked the free distance dash removed, become immune to all damage for 1 second if successfully avoided damage break off into a sprint for 2-3 seconds.
Prove Thyself = Need nerfs, the generators are fast already, and this combined with toolboxes is ridiculous. Maybe 10% bonus only.
Sprint Burst = Fine perk, does not need change. (agree)
Adrenaline = Fine perk, does not need change.
Iron Will = Too strong against M1 killers in structures. Almost nullify one killer power (Spirit) but I have no idea on how to nerf it.
Decisive Strike = Fine perk, does not need change.(agree)
Borrowed Time = This perk is good but they should make something for bodyblock. Except this, good perk. (Agree, the perk is intented for avoiding a tunnel, not for protecting the team mate after an unhook).
Unbreakable = Fine perk, does not need change. (agree, a counter against slugging).
Dead Hard = The most busted survivor perk in the game currently, too polivalent/versatile (gaining distance for reaching windows/pallets, avoiding a hit and can also be used to reach you for a pallet/flash save, that last thing is not frequent but when it happen make you want to DC) also only 40 seconds cooldown.
Vigil = Fine.
Windows of Opportunity = Fine.
Head On = Not OP but very annoying, in fact it's mostly used by bully squads.
Built to Last = Fine.
Boon: Circle of Healing = The second most busted survivor perk after Dead Hard, need more nerfs (token system with 3 tokens and the same healing speed as self care).
I don't main the nurse, I can't just ignore every problem mechanic the devs put out. Solo Queue has always been brutal, even all the way back to the 2017 days of pure Nurse/Billy at red ranks. The MMR system in theory is the answer, but even after months of mostly winning I still get some real spuds in my game.
The killer slowdowns are mostly fine, it's only when they are stacked up on top of an insanely strong killer like Blight they are a problem. But I play variety, I don't main any killer. The weaker ones don't stand a chance in hell without those slowdowns, even if the survivors are playing poorly.
And fast self healing used to be a resource. Now it's a magic power everyone has, and only 1 perk out of 16 needs to be used for unlimited self heals across the entire team. Hit and run is totally gone, as well as the killers who relied on it.
Hit and run is extremely boring and that is why Wraith was a major problem. Allow me to ask why do you want there to be no counterplay to hit and run? Killer slowdown are not fair for solo queue and they don't have a chance to win against it unless the killer is very bad.
I don't think fun should always be the determining factor for balance in a PvP game. The losing side will always be unhappy with the outcome no matter how they got there.
And it's not like there was no counterplay, it just actually took some time. Hitting someone with sloppy butcher and leaving them was at least 30-40 seconds off gens total. Maybe 20 seconds for a heal, the injured survivor had to go actually find a teammate, who then had to heal them. Now it's like boom 12 seconds later they are healed no matter what and nobody even had to get off gens.
I really think it will take a killer who is as strong as Onryo to make it viable again. She is hit and run on steroids and can probably deal with the healing meta.
And I disagree, solo Q is totally fine. It's just bad matchmaking holding it back. But that's nothing new. I actually think the best thing they could ever do for solo Q would be to remove hook suicides all together. 1 potato gets the entire team killed as it stands, but if the MMR actually worked you would not get potato's as a veteran killer.
Literally the best teammates I had were old red ranks. You would always have good teammates back in like 2017-2018; because those were the only people who could survive a Nurse or Billy. Now it's just such a crapshoot.
So the fun factor is only considered if it applies to killers? Although Object of Obsession was a very weak perk and abysmal escape rates, it was nerfed because killers thought they were unfun.
But Hit and Run is not only unfun, it was overpowered. If you are injured and no way to heal yourself, there is no counterplay to a no terror radius killer that turns a corner to hit you. CoH provides a little counterplay by being able to heal and it also gives a secondary objective. But it is nerfed so much the secondary objective is almost not worth it.
The thing that has changed from 2018 is a laundry list of survivor nerfs and buffing killers and adding way more slowdown perks. The MMR struggles to match survivors with killers due to fundamental weaknesses with survivor.
I don't find Solo Q fine when 9 out of 10 times is a bloodbath. It doesn't help either when the hatch is not even an option.
I hope you are not serious. Object was a MASSIVE problem when used by SWFs. Especially when you had the goon SWFs using MLGA to guess what killer you were playing. You play too much Nurse, you need to go play some dumpster tier killers to get a real perspective on the state of balance.
I don't ever think I would call hit and run overpowered either.
And survivors needed the nerfs. I was literally invincible half the time as an old survivor. It's like oh, the killer wasn't Nurse? Well, time to run this infinite then.
How was it a problem when used by SWF? The downside was the killer knew where that survivor was at. We shouldn't nerf survivors solely because of a 4 party anyway, but that is what happens and all it does is encourage SWF.
When I mean overpowered, is to hit and run and then come back and catch the survivor out of position.
Because 1 person could call out your location at all times. I am talking about before undetectable was a thing. When you would load into a map as ghostface or wraith and they just had wallhacks on you at all times. I used to main the stealth killers before I got good enough to play ones with a terror radius and object was literally the bane of my existence.
And yeah, that is the point of hit and run. And Onryo is gonna be nuts at it. You get her on a map like Lery's and it's game over. Overpowered? Eh, depends on the map. Things like silent bell wraith are only really good on the indoor maps. They are not that problematic on the outdoor maps.
But she's ghostface without the 1 shot and can teleport almost anywhere instantly and has some built in slowdown? That's gonna be brutal for sure. The good thing is most killers will probably get slapped as her since you basically need to know how to play wraith, which most people skip over.
Anything beside DH is fine, DH must be obliterated and killed.
Every survivor meta perk is fine but DH does need a change.