there are different ways to do it.
1: stopping the animation before your hands hit the hook means "hurry up and save me already!"
2: let the hands touch the hook and 'struggle' on it (like, stopping before you actually make the escape attempt) means "CAMPER!!"
3: making the whole animation means "i dont trust my team to save me, so ima gonna get that job done myself." or "LOL 4%!!!!!".
If someone is flapping their arms I wont come save them. In the first 6 months it was known that if you flap your arms it means the killer is close. Dont know wich tards decided to flap their arms whenever they want but those wont be saved by me.
I once made same one on surveymonkey. Majotiry of people did it to show that killer is near, around 25% were doing it if you could save them and others (not so much) were doing it because it's entertaining.
I do that to signal survivors to come and save me. It works for me that way.
Not in my lobby lad, I won't come over if you wave. It's a signal for camping since release. People like you are screwing solos over lol, better adapt on old things than creating new ones
On the dead by daylight Facebook page there was exactly a survey., like an actual poll. 80 something percent said it was camping, so I use it for camping.
What does flapping ping your arms on the hook mean?
Here is the problem, during the initial release days on PC and the initial release days of console flapping your arms on a hook meant the killer was still close OR was on his way back within sight.
Once a ton of new players joined the game I think the original meaning was lost and now I have seen it used for Killers being close, Killers being far, Survivor getting impatient, survivor trying to confuse people or get attention, etc. I think it no longer holds any meaning because of how skewed the original intent has become. I often ignore the arm flapping and use my own senses to determine how safe that rescue will be.
I'm not going to change that idea, but I'd rather it be the other way around. When I'm a killer, I'll get accused of camping (maybe it is) because I rightly assume that if I hook you, and you just start flapping, someone is near by trying to get the unhook. I'm usually right. If you just hang limp, I assume that no one is near by for you to signal, so I wonder off.
If the fully going up meant "I'm ready to be unhooked" then you could do it when you notice someone coming for you. If you go still, it meant the killer is back. This way the killer really shouldn't know whether or your signalling or not.
I'm not going to change that idea, but I'd rather it be the other way around. When I'm a killer, I'll get accused of camping (maybe it is) because I rightly assume that if I hook you, and you just start flapping, someone is near by trying to get the unhook. I'm usually right. If you just hang limp, I assume that no one is near by for you to signal, so I wonder off.
If the fully going up meant "I'm ready to be unhooked" then you could do it when you notice someone coming for you. If you go still, it meant the killer is back. This way the killer really shouldn't know whether or your signalling or not.
This is actually a really good arguement for the alternate use. Since everyone knows its universal meaning it would be easier to hide.
But then once we all adapt to that isnt sitting still the exact same signal?
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
The meaning has been construed since we get a lot of people during the free weekends who interpreted it as come save me.
All I know is that if I'm flapping and you come to save me, I'm going to think you're an idiot.
At some point it evolved into “please come save me.” Not sure when that happened.
Me personally? I just do it because I enjoy chaos.
there are different ways to do it.
1: stopping the animation before your hands hit the hook means "hurry up and save me already!"
2: let the hands touch the hook and 'struggle' on it (like, stopping before you actually make the escape attempt) means "CAMPER!!"
3: making the whole animation means "i dont trust my team to save me, so ima gonna get that job done myself." or "LOL 4%!!!!!".
O.o this is what it means....
I do that when the killer really likes me and standing next to me
1. The Killer is still nearby
2. The Killer is gone
This can be confusing so it's best to just listen for the heartbeat if there even is one.
If someone is flapping their arms I wont come save them. In the first 6 months it was known that if you flap your arms it means the killer is close. Dont know wich tards decided to flap their arms whenever they want but those wont be saved by me.
it means that they want to fly, like a dragonfly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8t-iFr9q1I8
I once made same one on surveymonkey. Majotiry of people did it to show that killer is near, around 25% were doing it if you could save them and others (not so much) were doing it because it's entertaining.
The Killer is standing near a hooked Survivor menacingly.
consistency is key
The other way is just silly. They're already going to come save you, it's free points and increases their odds of escaping.
"Patrolling" is the other term they misuse. Patrolling would mean you actually left the area when they don't.
Here is the problem, during the initial release days on PC and the initial release days of console flapping your arms on a hook meant the killer was still close OR was on his way back within sight.
Once a ton of new players joined the game I think the original meaning was lost and now I have seen it used for Killers being close, Killers being far, Survivor getting impatient, survivor trying to confuse people or get attention, etc. I think it no longer holds any meaning because of how skewed the original intent has become. I often ignore the arm flapping and use my own senses to determine how safe that rescue will be.
Basically trust no one but yourself.
It means the killer is near by.
I'm not going to change that idea, but I'd rather it be the other way around. When I'm a killer, I'll get accused of camping (maybe it is) because I rightly assume that if I hook you, and you just start flapping, someone is near by trying to get the unhook. I'm usually right. If you just hang limp, I assume that no one is near by for you to signal, so I wonder off.
If the fully going up meant "I'm ready to be unhooked" then you could do it when you notice someone coming for you. If you go still, it meant the killer is back. This way the killer really shouldn't know whether or your signalling or not.
But then once we all adapt to that isnt sitting still the exact same signal?