So what was he talking about?
"Mathieu Côté: You’re right! In the case of Ringu, we’re talking about psychological horror, which is very different from the typical slasher style our fans have been used to, so they can expect that the new Killer will come with features and gameplay mechanics that are not found in other characters."
Literally a lie. Wraith has the teleport in and out of the physical realm. And old freddy was similar.
And teleporting around with tvs is the same with freddy too. Surprised they didnt do something with a well.
I cant think of "features and gameplay mechanics that are not found in other characters"
Comments
But she comes out of a TV!
I think it's because Sadako have a monstrous map presence that no other killer has, she can teleport instantly from one side to another, almost consecutively. Her chase potential is the worst, but she can spread the chaos if the player manages to have good use of the tps, combined with a hit and run style. I think she can be a pain to play against similar to Twins.
There's the condemned feature too, that can kill the survivor without even being hooked.
It’s just hype talk trying to get people more interested in their upcoming content. Most devs do this for new things they have coming out.
COH and healing in general right have has killed the hit and run style imo :(
Unfortunately COH brought misery to all killers, but with a strong build and wise decisions Sadako can melt the map resources and survivor's patience lol
The Condemned feature is definitely unique. I suppose you could technically do it with Pig, but you have to more or less exploit the game (or pray to RNGesus) to pull it off whereas this is a bit more natural.
Unique doesnt mean good. Its just a trash final judgement
You mean the way Nurse damages gens and walls, and picks up survivors using psychic powers?
With some improvement on the animation on both of her stare and survivor's convulsion. It can be great. But I agree that its look is underwhelming right now.
I don't think they were talking about animations.
No I wasnt. Its a useless mechanic atm
The Onryo.
When doctot first came out, they said he was going to break the game with how strong he was going to be. Its just hype talk