How's the New Killer?

I'm out and about right now, so I can't look at anything right now.

Is she good? How are the perks?

Comments

  • @CyberDragoon656 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2811959#Comment_2811959

    From what I read and seens it's another killer who has to have specific perks to play well. And it's getting old.

    I'm using her base perks and sloppy butcher (a great COH detergent on a killer who can just instantly be behind you). She definitely isn't that handicapped. I get the general killer frustration, I've had it in periods too, but I'm telling you this killer will be fine over time as people actually play with her kit. After all, this is a killer we've really been wanting for a while of you look at it from a certain perspective, a killer who isn't simply anti-loop but can contest a 4v1 as well as cut hold W short.


    It just means making clever decisions with her power and yes, making a proper build will be key in higher ranks, but that's always the case, even with the top killers.

  • @PeaceNGrease said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2811968#Comment_2811968

    I'm using her base perks and sloppy butcher (a great COH detergent on a killer who can just instantly be behind you). She definitely isn't that handicapped. I get the general killer frustration, I've had it in periods too, but I'm telling you this killer will be fine over time as people actually play with her kit. After all, this is a killer we've really been wanting for a while of you look at it from a certain perspective, a killer who isn't simply anti-loop but can contest a 4v1 as well as cut hold W short.

    It just means making clever decisions with her power and yes, making a proper build will be key in higher ranks, but that's always the case, even with the top killers.

    It seems like if you even attempt to play loops you lose.

  • @Pulsar said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2811976#Comment_2811976

    It seems like if you even attempt to play loops you lose.

    Just like any killer, you don't want to overcommit to strong loops, but I wouldn't say she's uniquely bad at them. The fact she can transition to phase and out without loss of speed makes her mindgame already better at weak tiles, and you can take extra time to get a down if you need to, knowing you can just to to a gen in progress

  • She reminds me a lot of Ghostface. A killer whose main strength lies in being able to sneak up on survivors, but cannot afford to chase survivors.

    She gives up the ability to instant down for better stealth (can't be broken out of it, no cooldown, has some invisibility) and map presence.

    Both can't compete with the meta and both will have the same issues with open maps that offer little LoS blocking.

    Good if the star align giving you a good map and a weak team, but ultimately will struggle against any good team.

  • @PeaceNGrease said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2811982#Comment_2811982

    Just like any killer, you don't want to overcommit to strong loops, but I wouldn't say she's uniquely bad at them. The fact she can transition to phase and out without loss of speed makes her mindgame already better at weak tiles, and you can take extra time to get a down if you need to, knowing you can just to to a gen in progress

    She has no chase power.

    She's worse than everyone except Legion at getting downs it seems.

  • @Pulsar said:

    I'm out and about right now, so I can't look at anything right now.

    Is she good? How are the perks?

    Fun to play against but kind of bs. I went to cleanse my curse before it maxed out and she came through the tv i was interacting with which canceled the animation. It maxed out my curse when she came through and she managed to kill me before i reached my first hook.


    It’s sort of like when you have a reverse bear trap counting down and the pig hooks someone right by the last box. It’s on me for not watching my meter, I get that, but I don’t think she should be allowed to immediately fill your meter like that while you’re in mid animation.

  • @PeaceNGrease said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2811982#Comment_2811982

    Just like any killer, you don't want to overcommit to strong loops, but I wouldn't say she's uniquely bad at them. The fact she can transition to phase and out without loss of speed makes her mindgame already better at weak tiles, and you can take extra time to get a down if you need to, knowing you can just to to a gen in progress

    No it's more like if a killer has to loop you lose as of late.

  • @dugman said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2811607#Comment_2811607

    I've been watching a lot more of her this afternoon and I suspect Otz is wrong on the TV thing

    • For one thing, the TVs aren't off for "1 - 2 minutes", it's not nearly that long.
    • Secondly, projecting through a TV gives you a significant speed boost. So if you are phased out while chasing someone or coming up to them, you can Project into a TV in front of them, get a speed boost to get the hit, and also get another stack of Condemned on them. Plus by doing that you're also tentatively interfering with their ability to lose the stacks by using a tape.
    • Also the goal of building up the stacks is to get the survivors to get off the gens periodically to get rid of it, not necessarily to score instant downs. Building up lots of stacks is a threat they need to deal with, but not necessarily the end result being they get killed.
    • Finally just a note that while she's only constantly invisible at above 32 meters, she is invisible in alternating bursts of a few seconds at a time within 32 meters. (When you play as Sadako you can tell if she's invisible because her hands vanish.)

    I agree that not having a chase power other than the extra speed in Projection makes looping with her problematic. That's why you really do need to be taking full advantage of the TVs and her Undetectability. See a survivor, steer them toward a TV if they aren't near one already, and Project into it to finish and get the hit. You can then Unmanifest while continuing to chase back after them, and either Project into a TV in front of them during that chase or switch targets and Project to where you think another survivor is. Or, at those odd times Projection isn't an option, Manifest when you get closer in the chase and either get a hit or a pallet drop (since you don't seem to lose speed while Manifesting or Unmanifesting.)

    Basically I'm pretty sure that people who try and play her exactly the same as Wraith are not going to do as well as the people who play her by taking advantage of her mobility while phasing and unphasing and of her Projecting to get speed boosts and Condemned stacks.

    I haven't got to play her as I'm on console so I haven't made a solid opinion on her it's all off what I've seen. She's also brand new so we all need time.

  • @Gamedozer7 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2811736#Comment_2811736

    I haven't got to play her as I'm on console so I haven't made a solid opinion on her it's all off what I've seen. She's also brand new so we all need time.

    Yeah, it'll definitely be interesting to see how she pans out. Right now my thinking is she's actually more similar to Pig than Wraith in that Pig and Sadako are both kind of like stealth killers who have a built in slow down mechanic. Sadako has better mobility and map presence than Pig but Pig's slowdown ability might be a bit more effective. Either way though I actually enjoy playing Pig so in that respect I'm looking forward to playing Sadako too. 🙂

  • @dugman said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2812033#Comment_2812033

    Yeah, it'll definitely be interesting to see how she pans out. Right now my thinking is she's actually more similar to Pig than Wraith in that Pig and Sadako are both kind of like stealth killers who have a built in slow down mechanic. Sadako has better mobility and map presence than Pig but Pig's slowdown ability might be a bit more effective. Either way though I actually enjoy playing Pig so in that respect I'm looking forward to playing Sadako too. 🙂

    My biggest worry is another pinhead. He looked great had awesome animations but he feels really clunky and has a big skill shot with small rewards. I hope she plays as well as she looks. Mobility is a big thing for killers but if you can loop them for 2 minutes no amount of Mobility will make up for that. Now she does seem a bit different from other killers I just hope it's not pretty cover and it turns out the gameplay is the same as everyone else( I'm looking at you artist)

  • @Pulsar said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2811989#Comment_2811989

    She has no chase power.

    She's worse than everyone except Legion at getting downs it seems.

    Give her time man, that's all I can say

  • everyone needs to just give it a few days to see where she’s at. Gonna take some time to figure her out.

  • @Nathan13 said:

    everyone needs to just give it a few days to see where she’s at. Gonna take some time to figure her out.

    It took all of 30 seconds to realize there are issues thanks to the game's current status quo. What makes you think this killer will be worth the money and somehow not going to get nerfed or screwed when it goes live. It happened before and I don't seeing it changing now.

  • And if she sucks then what?

    Right now hit and run is terrible, the second chance perks are becoming a problem and the matches as times are a lose lose affair thanks to how forgiving they made survivor gameplay. So why would this killer fix that even in the slightest of ways?

  • @CyberDragoon656 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2812150#Comment_2812150

    It took all of 30 seconds to realize there are issues thanks to the game's current status quo. What makes you think this killer will be worth the money and somehow not going to get nerfed or screwed when it goes live. It happened before and I don't seeing it changing now.

    Like I said we should give it a few days. It’s only day one.

  • @Nathan13 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2812170#Comment_2812170

    Like I said we should give it a few days. It’s only day one.

    Maybe by day 2 her power will change. I bet the survivors will forget how to loop an m1 killer by day 3. And by day 4, we will discover a secret tech that lets you teleport through TV that have been powered off.


    I agree, let's wait and see.

  • @Nathan13 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2812170#Comment_2812170

    Like I said we should give it a few days. It’s only day one.

    I guess but I have no hopes for this killer.

  • Can't compete against the top.

  • She desperately needs buffs to her Condemn mechanic. The stealth and map coverage is decent but with the whole curse element being as lackluster as it is, it just isn't enough.

  • She's not very good from my experience, but she's fun to play and play against. But if she doesn't get buffs (and let's be honest, if she does they'll be minimal) you won't see her much at all on live besides the first week of her release. I also feel sales of the DLC will be low because the killer isn't good and there isn't any game breaking must have perk.

  • I can't really tell if she's good or not yet. She has good map pressure and she is a stealth killer. But she doesn't have anything that can help her in chases

  • @dugman said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2812033#Comment_2812033

    Yeah, it'll definitely be interesting to see how she pans out. Right now my thinking is she's actually more similar to Pig than Wraith in that Pig and Sadako are both kind of like stealth killers who have a built in slow down mechanic. Sadako has better mobility and map presence than Pig but Pig's slowdown ability might be a bit more effective. Either way though I actually enjoy playing Pig so in that respect I'm looking forward to playing Sadako too. 🙂

    Sadako stealth is not stealth at all,you know she's coming from miles away.

  • @Adaez said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2812056#Comment_2812056

    Sadako stealth is not stealth at all,you know she's coming from miles away.

    To be fair, it is more stealthy than a standard killer? Ha ha ha...

  • So what's her weapon supposed to be? I can't imagine what It'd look like at prestige I.

  • @shinymon said:

    So what's her weapon supposed to be? I can't imagine what It'd look like at prestige I.

    It's the same symbol but red instead of green IIRC

  • @Adaez said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2812056#Comment_2812056

    Sadako stealth is not stealth at all,you know she's coming from miles away.

    She’s Undetectable with no terror radius and even at close range is invisible half the time (i.e. about 1 second invisibility alternating with 1 second visibiliy). She’s as much a stealth killer as Ghost Face or Pig, they’re both Undetectable, move the same speed as her and aren’t invisible at all.

1 2 ›