This is why this game cant have a competitive scene

nflan4ghjfghfggfhfghfghffghgfghfghgghjthtrhrthghznwwi71.jpg nflan4ghjfghfghfghffghffghgfghfghgghjthtrhrthghznwwi71.jpg

Imagine having an official Esports tournament while the game looks like this 🤣

Comments

  • Yooo I heard about the nintendo DS version but I didn't realise there was a gameboy advance port

    BHVR really porting DBD to everything huh

  • They really should lock aspect ratios.

  • Looks kinda stretched. I´m so glad that skill matters in those tournaments and not something like a stretched res...

  • Not every game needs a competitive scene. But if someone really wanted to they could simply make rules all players must abide by (no moris, items, etc)

  • @Tsulan said:

    Looks kinda stretched. I´m so glad that skill matters in those tournaments and not something like a stretched res...

    Yeah,imagine playing like this and think you're the better player againts someone that plays normal 🤣 .

  • @Adaez said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2810638#Comment_2810638

    Yeah,imagine playing like this and think you're the better player againts someone that plays normal 🤣 .

    Alot of swfs do. Lol.

    They bring in do many handicap perks, and really strong addons and coordination

    And then at the end call the killer trash like they were something amazing when in reality all they did was set themselves up for better odds. It isn't that they are better players per se, it's all the added help they use.

    I've never understood cocky survivors. Like ever.

  • It does have a competitive scene though. Whether non-participants find it valid or not is kind of beside the point. Comp exists and the players don't care about resolutions or filters.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    It does have a competitive scene though. Whether non-participants find it valid or not is kind of beside the point. Comp exists and the players don't care about resolutions or filters.

    I'd say it matters if you want the tournament to also have viewers.

  • Have you seen professional csgo players before? Playing on low graphic settings with this kind of aspect ratio is the norm there.

    And just with csgo the correct solution is to have an observer-mode, which we already have, granted it is bad.

    One thing they need to adjust in the observer-mode is the camera-direction depending on the aspect ratio. Can't really watch survivor-gameplay, because it looks like they are all starring at the ground.

  • Playing pubs like this is quite cringe indeed. I'd see no issue if they kept the exploits and resolution to their private KYF matches but they obviously don't. I always dodge comp players and see them as the most problematic group in the community.

  • @xxshyguyxx said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2810643#Comment_2810643

    Alot of swfs do. Lol.

    They bring in do many handicap perks, and really strong addons and coordination

    And then at the end call the killer trash like they were something amazing when in reality all they did was set themselves up for better odds. It isn't that they are better players per se, it's all the added help they use.

    I've never understood cocky survivors. Like ever.

    Using perks and items =/= using exploits.

  • Just imagine if Ghostface was top 3 in the game 😂😂 try vs'ing this in tournaments

  • @Adaez said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2810654#Comment_2810654

    I'd say it matters if you want the tournament to also have viewers.

    The most recent large tourney has averaged at least 2k concurrent multiple weeks in a row. It certainly doesn't hurt for viewership when it's promoted in larger spaces. But I'm not sure what the screenshots have to do with viewership either way. That res doesn't really show on the spectator cam for killer, and broadcasts don't typically show survivor POV for extended stretches.

  • Where at all did I say exploit?


    Putting words in my sentences my guy. Nice try.

  • @xxshyguyxx said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2810672#Comment_2810672

    Where at all did I say exploit?

    Putting words in my sentences my guy. Nice try.

    I didn't say you did. But someone was talking about stretched res and you bring up people using perks and items as if the two are comparable.

  • Imagine making your game look like ######### for a casual partygame like DBD.

    Those "competitive" players seem to be really proud to be good at DBD instead of games which actually can be played competitive.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2810660#Comment_2810660

    The most recent large tourney has averaged at least 2k concurrent multiple weeks in a row. It certainly doesn't hurt for viewership when it's promoted in larger spaces. But I'm not sure what the screenshots have to do with viewership either way. That res doesn't really show on the spectator cam for killer, and broadcasts don't typically show survivor POV for extended stretches.

    Yeah,in spectator mode you dont see this but i'd say it matters knowing this is how they play.

  • @Brokenbones said:

    Yooo I heard about the nintendo DS version but I didn't realise there was a gameboy advance port

    BHVR really porting DBD to everything huh

    Worst part is that this is the snes version but with an hdmi port so the game auto stretches for them.

  • Comp dbd is such a meme lol

  • @xxshyguyxx said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2810643#Comment_2810643

    Alot of swfs do. Lol.

    They bring in do many handicap perks, and really strong addons and coordination

    And then at the end call the killer trash like they were something amazing when in reality all they did was set themselves up for better odds. It isn't that they are better players per se, it's all the added help they use.

    I've never understood cocky survivors. Like ever.

    You'd need to be 12 year old or some kind of psychologist to understand.

    These same cocky survivors are the first ones to rage-quit when the game doesn't go their way.

  • They fixed the stretch res problem in the PTB, now it will give people the increased FPS that survivors say they use it for (which we all know is a lie) instead of the advantage it gives.

  • Now it can't l👀k better. Unlucky.

  • When you're playing Ghostface you can tell when people are running those resolutions. Makes it hard to take those games seriously.

    Part of me thinks this game is about as competitive as Super Smash Bros (which I also think shouldn't be considered competitive). There's just too many variables and no amount of personal skill will guarantee the same output every time.

    The other part of me wishes they'd embrace the party game mindset and have random things occur during the trials like stage props injuring survivors or the floor breaking underneath you and putting you on the first floor and so on. I feel like we're kinda somewhere in the middle there.