Its crazy to think so many survivors still dont know what a 3gen is
I had teammates with over 1k hours that 3gened themselves and killer used that to their advantage.
They just do the first gen they see and if you go to break the 3 gen,killer will just chase you while your teammates 3 gen themselves.
Comments
For real. My most successful runs as survivor (being a killer main myself) are those where I ignore the spawn gens and run to the opposite side of the map or start doing the gen in the central building. In most cases the killer doesn't expect/check the central gen to be done first and if I manage that one thats already half the win. Really, there seems to be so little strategy involved with doing gens, most survivors just run from one completed gen to the next one in spitting distance, without giving it any consideration and only stop if the killer interupts them. This tactic still works, because of all the safety nets, but against a competend killer this will fall flat during the last leg of the trial when suddenly all the gens are within reach of the killer. But I don't complain ^^
I agree,feels so good as survivor to have the last gen not be a 3gen that at times seems impossible to break especially againts a good killer.
I tend to not defend gens or anything but somehow there is a 3gen situation every 3 match or so, this is funny.
Try running deja vu + streetwise with a good toolbox. You will always know what the best 3 gen is atm.
"Dude why didnt you do that gen and just ran past it?!"
"Because doing that gen would end up in a 3 gen"
"You're dumb ######### etc etc"
10% of games where the other survivors are sweats i get this. another 10% is reserved for "Dude why arent you using perks"
All games are 3 gen games. If the killer decides to do a 3 gen from the start then you're already fighting a 3 gen from the start. So many times when there are 4 total gens left on the map I hear people say in discord "do this gen first because otherwise the killer has a 3 gen" (while it's obviouse the killer is ignoring the 4th gen on the outside of the map). What do you think you're doing at this moment trying to prevent the 3 gen ??? YOURE ALREADY FIGHTING A 3 GEN. As survivor I feel in a lot cases 3gen is survivor sided. The killer never leaves them making 2\3th of the map a safehaven for healing. Just do the far gen first so you got the whole team on the last gen... Killer can't split into 3-4 parts. Only a few killer powers make it harder
Just had a match where all my 3 teammates got downed instead of doing a gen when I was on my last hook,only 1 gen remaining to do,safe to say I dont understand why some people play this game.
Yeah, I see this pretty frequently when playing killer. I’m just doing my thing wondering why the gens seem to be going so quick, and then I take a minute to look and realize. Great job leaving all gens on one side of Suffocation Pit or Azarov’s Resting Place, y’all.
It depends on killers, getting downed and hooked close enough to 3gen gonna be dead end for survivors.
It actually is epically if the Killer doesn't take the chase bait and continues to protect the Gens.....I forced a 3 Gen as Vommy Mommy....48 mins later the Survivors lined up at hooks to be Killed.....I felt bad for them because my Ruin never was cleasned......the only Totem Spawns in the Swamp that is hidden.
To clarify, they probably know what a 3-gen is, they just don’t think to plan ahead to avoid it.
I mean is it really worth your time,seems like a waste of time to me to spend that much time for a 3gen.
I'd love to see a special offering that ONLY works once per GROUP OF SURVIVORS per match. The offering would allow you use a secondary action to touch an uncompleted gen to have it swap places with a completed gen. This would get you out of 3-gen situations, but would delay you because you'd now have to run around the map trying to find the swapped gen. By limiting it to one use by the team per match would be great. It could also only activate when 1 or 2 gens are left. Would be helpful with single-person gens as well.
I love when I'm playing killer, survivors 3-gen themselves and then blame me for playing in a boring way
"3-gen camper, l2p"
"You did this to yourself, I never defended those gens"
"Whatever, you're boring"
"May I suggest using deja-vu instead of doing the first gen you see? It's a good beginner perk :)"
But yeah, having those teammates is the worst, especially when you try and gesture them "Come with me" to get them to work on a central gen, but they keep doing the safest corner gen
Nah they were all clicky click survivors I would spend 3 hours to mess with them. ....and it was a battle of attrition......and I won.
Oh,in that case it might be worth it.