About Pictures.

So would it be possible if Behavior entrusted certain users who are obviously legal age and willing to verify if a picture is ya know distasteful and if it's not verify it for posting since clearly the mods don't have the time there are people who spend a ton of time on here or is this something the forums want to shy away from? is this outta the question?

What I mean by that is you would submit the picture and they'd have to select if it is allowed on the forums or not if you guys feel what I'm saying.


EDIT So basically I'm asking for a Database at which certain trusted users who do have the time that most of the Mods likely don't due to various things anyway those Users would be able to see the Images that have been submitted on a post they would be able to Verify if said Image is ya know or if it's forums friendly Obviously they'd have to be legal age obviously there would have to be a application process but could this be a potential solution there's probably a lot of people who lurk or even are on here a ton that would be down to do it. Also to make it clear I'm not talking about myself as I have bans on my account so don't really want to be involved in it just incase someone thinks otherwise. Just tossing out an idea that could help ease the Dev's/Mod frustration with weirdos posting ya know and Forums users being annoyed they can't post Images.

Tagged: BHVR

Comments

  • @WesCravenFan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2805802#Comment_2805802

    That is an extremely loose and broad attempt to use the word "safety".

    OSHA is not gonna come in and cite a business for a "mental health safety violation".

    And yet mental wellbeing and ensuring all users are properly safeguarded against potentially incredibly harmful content does fall under the broad umbrella term of "safety"

  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2806463#Comment_2806463

    And yet mental wellbeing and ensuring all users are properly safeguarded against potentially incredibly harmful content does fall under the broad umbrella term of "safety"

    And now you are just playing fast and loose with "harmful".


    I want to see the report of the person that saw a picture on these forums and was immediately rushed to the hospital.

  • @WesCravenFan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2806464#Comment_2806464

    And now you are just playing fast and loose with "harmful".

    I want to see the report of the person that saw a picture on these forums and was immediately rushed to the hospital.

    Not everything has to be physically harmful? You have to be the most pedantic person on this forum, honestly.

  • @Seanzu said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2806465#Comment_2806465

    Not everything has to be physically harmful? You have to be the most pedantic person on this forum, honestly.

    Because word definitions matter. If you say something mean to me, and that is now "harmful", can I have you arrested for inflicting harm?

  • @WesCravenFan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2806476#Comment_2806476

    Because word definitions matter. If you say something mean to me, and that is now "harmful", can I have you arrested for inflicting harm?

    Well in the end it all falls to individual standards. Sure many people are satisfied if they can't be blamed for something. Many others have higher standards and would rather behave in a way that they themselves consider acceptable even if it's beyond "obligation".

    I for one think that it's a good thing that those responsible for the management of the forum content are on the second group rather than the former.

    A bit outside the subject at hand, but as a high school teacher I often deal with both students and parents with bully behavior who will shame, ostracize and verbally abuse vulnerable children without ever resorting to direct physical violence. When those same victims then hurt themselves or suffer from bodily manifestations of their mental distress the bullies also often will just shrug and say something like "not my fault if he wuss". Sure, they can't be legally blamed for it, but that doesn't make it right.

    Just trying to illustrate the difference between what's strictly obligation and what's not and why some people would rather play it safe and call things a security matter.

    Nevertheless, you have your own opinion and I respect it.

  • @Chaos999 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2806482#Comment_2806482

    Well in the end it all falls to individual standards. Sure many people are satisfied if they can't be blamed for something. Many others have higher standards and would rather behave in a way that they themselves consider acceptable even if it's beyond "obligation".

    I for one think that it's a good thing that those responsible for the management of the forum content are on the second group rather than the former.

    A bit outside the subject at hand, but as a high school teacher I often deal with both students and parents with bully behavior who will shame, ostracize and verbally abuse vulnerable children without ever resorting to direct physical violence. When those same victims then hurt themselves or suffer from bodily manifestations of their mental distress the bullies also often will just shrug and say something like "not my fault if he wuss". Sure, they can't be legally blamed for it, but that doesn't make it right.

    Just trying to illustrate the difference between what's strictly obligation and what's not and why some people would rather play it safe and call things a security matter.

    Nevertheless, you have your own opinion and I respect it.


    My opinion is simply that words have very plain definitions, and the more you use them in hyperoblic fashion the less meaning they have. Like when people say they "literally died" laughing at a joke (No, you didn't) or when they compare anyone they dislike to a member of a certain German regime that rose to power in the 1930s.


    Hyperbole helps nothing.

  • @WesCravenFan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2806600#Comment_2806600

    My opinion is simply that words have very plain definitions, and the more you use them in hyperoblic fashion the less meaning they have. Like when people say they "literally died" laughing at a joke (No, you didn't) or when they compare anyone they dislike to a member of a certain German regime that rose to power in the 1930s.

    Hyperbole helps nothing.

    I agree. Like when people say everything is toxic on this forum, xD.

    But the subject at hand is not such an example in my opinion.

    Having different interpretations about the meaning of the word safety, with one being strictly about obligation and the other being more comprehensive is not hyperbolic.

    Now if we were talking about the safety concerns derived from banning people from playing a game or posting their opinions on a forum I think I would agree with you.

    I do enjoy our exchange BTW. Looking forward to your follow up. Though I sense we have about reached the end of how much this exchange can be stretched.

  • @Chaos999 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2806622#Comment_2806622

    I agree. Like when people say everything is toxic on this forum, xD.

    But the subject at hand is not such an example in my opinion.

    Having different interpretations about the meaning of the word safety, with one being strictly about obligation and the other being more comprehensive is not hyperbolic.

    Now if we were talking about the safety concerns derived from banning people from playing a game or posting their opinions on a forum I think I would agree with you.

    I do enjoy our exchange BTW. Looking forward to your follow up. Though I sense we have about reached the end of how much this exchange can be stretched.


    Safety:


    "the condition of being safe from undergoing or causing hurt, injury, or loss"


    I do not consider seeing a picture something that causes hurt, injury, or loss.

  • Curious- what were the unsavory pictures that got posting images banned? David giving Dwight backshots??

  • Not really, at least not the ones I saw. The guy posting it was pretending it was gore though.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2806722#Comment_2806722

    I have yet to see any, so I can't confirm real or fake. I was just telling what I was told as a bit of a "watch out".

    @ThiccBudhha said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2806718#Comment_2806718

    Not really, at least not the ones I saw. The guy posting it was pretending it was gore though.

    The most recent batch was fake, at least the ones I saw.

    Some of the ones before were absolutely real.

  • Smh. Always some asshat who has to ruin things for everyone.

1 2 ›