"Soul Guard", but for killers
Soul Guard gives you a bonus if you're cursed (i.e. a Hex is in play)
What about a killer perk that gives the killer a bonus if there's a boon in play? Depending on the bonus it gives, it could be a hex or not, since you'd let boons up on purpose to get the effect from it, so that's a bad enough effect on its own.
Suggestions:
Smaller Boon radius for each boon in play
Smaller Terror Radius for each boon in play
Making people within the radius of the boon exposed, with a few seconds of lingering effect after leaving (that one might need to be a Hex)
Comments
What do you think of this perk? I submitted it in the Design Your Own Perk thread:
[Fire With Fire]
As your prey enhances themselves with new abilities, The Entity offers you its own blessing.
When the Killer snuffs out a Boon Totem, call upon The Entity to block all Dull and Hex Totems for 20/30/40 seconds. This perk has a cooldown of 60 seconds.
I like that idea, but I'd make it a little different.. Not block the totems entirely.. but prevent totems from being Blessed entirely. Cleansed, who cares, it benefits you, blessed is what you want to block. So I'd make blessing totems blocked for 40/50/60 or something
But yeah , good idea, snuffing a totem shouldnt penalize you as a killer.
It's meant to give a big incentive to seek and snuff Boons. Kick the Boon, deny any re-blessings and protect your Hexes for a little while.
Good idea. Personally, when I play killer, I usually snuff boons as soon as I can if I walk past them (or figure they're re-blessing the same totem for the 10th time), sometimes even mid-chase, because they're pretty strong. So a killer perk that would prevent the re-blessing? Sign me up!
I like the concept of a perk that gives you buffs while the survivors have boons up.
However they'd probably make it absolutely worthless by making it a hex as well.
Yeah probably. Some effects might be worth making a hex, but others definitely not. Depends on how they do it (I mean there's possilities for many different killer perks that depend on boons)
I like the idea of having a perk that interacts with boons. Kind of like a reverse hex perk.
Boons in general need to be expanded upon in their concept. One way I would do that is to make boon perks compliment each other to be powerful. Rather than offering benefits for the whole team with one perk slot. It would balance load outs a lot more, as survivors could have 1 boon perk, but its not very strong. Or they could dedicate to boons and reap strong benefits at the sacrifice of exhaustion perks or other self preserving perks.
Make it fired up where you have to still kick the boon, but also applying a +1% movement speed bonus and a maximum of 10 stacks.
I like the idea of a perk that gives you a bonus for each snuffed boon.
I mean, nothing stopping them from using both ideas..
Perk 1: Boon is up, bonus effect ABC happens.
Perk 2: Boon is snuffed, bonus effect XYZ happens.
This is an interesting idea: when you snuff them, the perk activates and for a time no totems can be blessed ... they can be cleansed, though. So this might force/bait some survivors to cleanse a totem and help you combo with Pentimento.
Or it could curse all totems so that you need to cleanse one (anyone) in order to access them again.
Well, it doesn't block other Boons that may be lit, and sometimes there are multiple. I didn't want the timer to be reset after kicking 2 or more Boons in quick succession.
I feel getting stronger with more boons are more fun than countermeasure perk.
An interesting idea is you could make it add stacks to Devour Hope, and make it so if Devour gets cleansed you can reset it by snuffing a boon.
I wouldn't be surprised if eventually the devs explore the gamespace involving killers facing boons. There's all sorts of possible perks that they could experiment with on that facet of the game, like perks that
There's all sorts of things they could potentially play around with in the game for perks that involve killers and totems or Boons. And I'm sure if they keep adding more Boons they'll eventually start working on these sorts of things on the killer side as well since it's such a natural follow-up.
Exposed while in the boon area? best idea ever
It should not be an hex (or it would be crippling bad), survivors can just avoid booning
Yeah good point, and it would only be while in the boon area, not map wide. But yeah plenty of things they could do with boons on the killer side.