Dear dev

What can the communuty do to show you some of us want old freddy back?

If its forum post i will do a post every single day until we have him back

Comments

  • The problem lies a bit that it would be kinda hypocritical to change him back now.

    People are upset a killer they enjoyed was deleted. But if they just revert the changes then people who are enjoying current Freddy will also get upset that their killer got deleted.

    So to be fair they would have to be both in the game. I don't see how they could do that. Outside of slapping a tweaked version of freddy's old power to another killer

  • Everyone hates the current MMR implementation. Still, it's here for good.

    Everyone hates RPD. Still, it's here for good.

    Everyone hates stretch res users. Still, they are here for good.

    Everyone hates DH and NOED. Still, they are here for good.

    Everyone hates SWF. Still, it's here for good.

    You can write about it every day, even if every single player would write about it every day, the devs would just ignore it. It's their game and they don't give a single ######### about what the community thinks.

  • @Junylar said:

    Everyone hates the current MMR implementation. Still, it's here for good.

    Everyone hates RPD. Still, it's here for good.

    Everyone hates stretch res users. Still, they are here for good.

    Everyone hates DH and NOED. Still, they are here for good.

    Everyone hates SWF. Still, it's here for good.

    You can write about it every day, even if every single player would write about it every day, the devs would just ignore it. It's their game and they don't give a single ######### about what the community thinks.

    Well..

    Almost none of this is true though?

    MMR for example is being complained about a lot, it actually rank/emblem based matchmaking was even complained about more and in polls that I have seen it seems like people actually like MMR more than the previous matchmaking.


    dont assume a vocal minority represents ‚everyone‘. And, actually, old Freddy was probably complained about to be weak/boring and needing buffs more than any of the stuff you just mentioned. He was changed because the community wanted changes for him.

  • @Junylar said:

    Everyone hates the current MMR implementation. Still, it's here for good.

    Everyone hates RPD. Still, it's here for good.

    Everyone hates stretch res users. Still, they are here for good.

    Everyone hates DH and NOED. Still, they are here for good.

    Everyone hates SWF. Still, it's here for good.

    You can write about it every day, even if every single player would write about it every day, the devs would just ignore it. It's their game and they don't give a single ######### about what the community thinks.

    Everyone may hate the current MMR implementation (or more accurately a vocal bunch do) but I've found the majority who do don't actually understand how it works or what it's for. Regardless, the devs have acknowledged the part that's broken and have said they're working on a fix, so what we have clearly isn't "here for good".

    Same for DH. They've acknowledged it as a problem and have said they're working on it. Clearly, they're listening.

    To the point in OP, that I don't think is going to happen. I wasn't playing when Freddy was his old incarnation, but from what I've seen on old videos and descriptions, I strongly suspect nostalgia goggles are playing a heavy role in why people want that back specifically, instead of improving what we have. He looked... boring as hell?

  • @jesterkind said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2794543#Comment_2794543

    Everyone may hate the current MMR implementation (or more accurately a vocal bunch do) but I've found the majority who do don't actually understand how it works or what it's for. Regardless, the devs have acknowledged the part that's broken and have said they're working on a fix, so what we have clearly isn't "here for good".

    Same for DH. They've acknowledged it as a problem and have said they're working on it. Clearly, they're listening.

    To the point in OP, that I don't think is going to happen. I wasn't playing when Freddy was his old incarnation, but from what I've seen on old videos and descriptions, I strongly suspect nostalgia goggles are playing a heavy role in why people want that back specifically, instead of improving what we have. He looked... boring as hell?

    Where did they ever say they are working on a fix? All I heard was the legendary comparison of DbD with hockey and "if you run the killer for 5 gens and then get facecamped to death, was it really a skilled play?". Doesn't sound like they are "working on a fix" to me.

  • @Junylar said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2794577#Comment_2794577

    Where did they ever say they are working on a fix? All I heard was the legendary comparison of DbD with hockey and "if you run the killer for 5 gens and then get facecamped to death, was it really a skilled play?". Doesn't sound like they are "working on a fix" to me.

    ...Yeah, bud, that's your fault. If you hadn't been so blinded by your irrational anger, you would've heard them talk about how the matching portion of the MMR system gets too lax in situations of long wait times or backfilling someone who leaves a lobby, which is what leads to the problems everyone's been facing.

    Like, they very much did just literally say they're working on it. You don't even have to read between the lines or anything.

  • Current Freddy is boring as hell. Old Freddy which people probably complain about in some way is why it was changed. Stop complaining so much you probably won't like how they change the #########. As much as I would like to try old Freddy..... how about upgrading this one preferably starting with add ons.

  • Devs, Devs, burning bright,

    User: "image.png"

    In the forests of the night;

    User: "image.png"

    What immortal hand or eye,

    User: "image.png"

    Could break thy terrible will?

    User: "image.png"

    That question of yours is exactly what I have been asking for the past 2 years.

    No one wants him back more than I do, but it is difficult to keep saying something when your voice always fall on deaf ears.

  • @Sonzaishinai said:

    The problem lies a bit that it would be kinda hypocritical to change him back now.

    People are upset a killer they enjoyed was deleted. But if they just revert the changes then people who are enjoying current Freddy will also get upset that their killer got deleted.

    So to be fair they would have to be both in the game. I don't see how they could do that. Outside of slapping a tweaked version of freddy's old power to another killer

    It is possible to have both as a toggle option between the old and new power. This was my suggestion in the past, as I didn't want new Freddy mains to go through what I had to endure.

    And such idea could prevent that. We know for certain that BHVR still has Old Freddy's files, so they could very easily do that. My suggestion was ignored, obviously, but the idea was there.

    But now...I doubt anyone would really care if his current power was gone for good. I haven't seen a fellow Freddy player in ages.

    Maybe there are one or two souls in the Fog who would dislike the change. And that might sound bad, I know. But, at this point, I am way to have complaints about his possible return, however flawed it may be.

  • @GeneralV said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2794413#Comment_2794413

    It is possible to have both as a toggle option between the old and new power. This was my suggestion in the past, as I didn't want new Freddy mains to go through what I had to endure.

    And such idea could prevent that. We know for certain that BHVR still has Old Freddy's files, so they could very easily do that. My suggestion was ignored, obviously, but the idea was there.

    But now...I doubt anyone would really care if his current power was gone for good. I haven't seen a fellow Freddy player in ages.

    Maybe there are one or two souls in the Fog who would dislike the change. And that might sound bad, I know. But, at this point, I am way to have complaints about his possible return, however flawed it may be.

    not going to lie, would love a toggle.

    I mean i wouldn't touch the current version of freddy ever but it is nice it would be an option

  • Not everyone hates NOED and RPD.

  • @Sonzaishinai said:

    The problem lies a bit that it would be kinda hypocritical to change him back now.

    People are upset a killer they enjoyed was deleted. But if they just revert the changes then people who are enjoying current Freddy will also get upset that their killer got deleted.

    So to be fair they would have to be both in the game. I don't see how they could do that. Outside of slapping a tweaked version of freddy's old power to another killer

    I think an ideal compromise would be to give Freddy an addon or an option that reverts his killer power. I wouldn't want people who enjoy the current Freddy to have to experience losing their favourite killer as well.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    The problem is that they changed freddy because waiting 7 seconds to hit people was frustrating, and he was frustrating for new players because of his interaction debuff and invisibility. Bringing old freddy back would bring these issues back so i don't see it a realistic outcome.

    Personally what i think they should do is give him a complete add-on pass or another rework. If his add-ons did more things it would make playing as him and against him more interesting. Because as it stands right now his add-ons really don't feel like they do much.

    Those are not the issues.

    7 seconds of Transition was perfectly fine, and his mechanics were not problematic to new players. I speak with unrivaled experience on this matter.

    What was an issue was being unable to interact with survivors during the Transition, which could led to situations where people would finish a gen or rescue a survivor right in front of you. While the latter had the potential to backfire, the former did not. This can easily be solved by the Incapacitated Effect that we now have in-game.

    If BHVR decides to listen to us for a change, then his return is a very realistic outcome.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    The problem is that they changed freddy because waiting 7 seconds to hit people was frustrating, and he was frustrating for new players because of his interaction debuff and invisibility. Bringing old freddy back would bring these issues back so i don't see it a realistic outcome.

    Personally what i think they should do is give him a complete add-on pass or another rework. If his add-ons did more things it would make playing as him and against him more interesting. Because as it stands right now his add-ons really don't feel like they do much.

    A complete new rework is about the last thing they should do.

    Most of ancient Freddies power is easilly fixed by slapping incapacitated during period of falling asleep on the survivors.

  • @Sonzaishinai said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2794931#Comment_2794931

    A complete new rework is about the last thing they should do.

    Most of ancient Freddies power is easilly fixed by slapping incapacitated during period of falling asleep on the survivors.

    This.

    You know I love you, right? <3

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2794962#Comment_2794962

    They are the issues that BHVR had with freddy. Same with the deathslinger scope change, they changed it based on their design intuition and not community feedback. That's why i think it's unlikely they will bring back old freddy completely.

    And look at his ruined state now.

    Same with Billy, by the way.

    They cannot keep ruining their own characters forever. Eventually they will have to do better, and when they do, my precious killer will come back.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2795017#Comment_2795017

    They might not agree that he's ruined though.

    I'm just trying to be realistic here.

    Then they are unfit to handle the game.

    To see that those killers are ruined doesn't take much.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2795098#Comment_2795098

    Well when they have the data, the numbers, the facts, that they do then their perception will understandably be different

    I doubt that.

    Give me the numbers, and I will reach the same conclusion.

  • @GeneralV said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2794413#Comment_2794413

    It is possible to have both as a toggle option between the old and new power. This was my suggestion in the past, as I didn't want new Freddy mains to go through what I had to endure.

    And such idea could prevent that. We know for certain that BHVR still has Old Freddy's files, so they could very easily do that. My suggestion was ignored, obviously, but the idea was there.

    But now...I doubt anyone would really care if his current power was gone for good. I haven't seen a fellow Freddy player in ages.

    Maybe there are one or two souls in the Fog who would dislike the change. And that might sound bad, I know. But, at this point, I am way to have complaints about his possible return, however flawed it may be.

    bare minimum, it should be an iri addon to re-enable at least part of old-freddy.

  • Just buff Freddy in some way instead.