Good Build For The Clown
Hey guys, as many of you know The Clown will be released very soon.
He's one of my favorite killer designs, and as such, I'm going to make him my secondary main. But I'm having trouble selecting perks for him.
Here's my current idea for a build:
Hex: Ruin
BBQ and Chili
Bamboozle
Whispers
Let me know what you guys think.
Comments
Ruin
NOED
Enduring (super strong, as you can drop a potion to your feet as you grab a DS user, and he will be greatly slowed down as he drops, allowing you to give him very minimal distance.)
And a flexible slot, possibly Franklin, Bamboozle or Brutal Strength since people will very likely drop early pallets on him.
The clown currently excels at chasing leaving much to be desired in the stall and tracking categories. With that I decided that this would be the optimal build for my play-style.
@Techn0 the reason knockout never works(I have not had a single game with knockout where it worked) is because the survivor's scream upon being downed is directional, and scales with distance. This means that survivors can easily still locate fallen comrades, even where they aren't a 4 man SWF.
This isn't going to be popular, but I've found the most success using his gas clouds to hard camp and then running an end-game build (NOED+bloodwarden) and some 3-gen strat perks like overcharge and unnerving presence.
Hmmm. Didn't think about that. I still think Bamboozle could be useful, especially when that small vault isn't enough. But we'll see.
Why no BBQ or Whispers? I thought the clown was decent in a chase.
Also, I like using NOED but to me that implies a killer is rather low tier. But I mean if it's necessary then it's necessary I guess.
The tip with Enduring is really smart however. I never thought of that. DS is still running rampant so it's definitely not a bad idea. And enduring is just awesome anyway.
I've actually thought about Monitor and Abuse myself. It does seem like it could be useful sneaking up on survivors.
And I'm already really liking the idea of enduring. The fact that it can trash DS is really nice.
Honestly, I really hope The Clown doesn't rely on end game builds. That would put a damper on things.
Regardless of overall strategy, keep in mind vs SWF that the gas cloud blurs vision. When faced with a camper, many survivors will try to bait a hit then go for the unhook. But with the cloud, I've gotten so many unhook grabs against survivors since they can't tell when I'm going to lunge.
Use two VHS Pr0n addons...
For research purposes ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
I actually think both Enduring and Brutal Strength might be legit on him. Enduring because like people said, you can counter the Obsession DS very well w/ a bottle. And Brutal Strength because people will need to drop pallets early on you often + you can bottle them when they're on the other side of a pallet then break the pallet quicker, possibly gaining decent distance on them.
Ruin too, 'cause it's Ruin. 4th slot could be a lot of stuff, Whispers maybe. Whatever your preference may be.
NC instead of Whispers, maybe?
NC could be pretty legit with his Mangled addon.
No BBQ because I don't need BP, and he's not made to run over the map as he has a pretty bad mobility overall, especially with the reloads.
No Whispers since he doesn't get that many extra uses on it. I like whispers, I think it's a great perk, but it needs to have some extra uses tied to the power itself to be extra useful imo.
Also, most people don't hide anymore anyway.
I use NOED even on top tier killers too.
It's gonna be super effective on Clown for a simple reason : he's a pallet breaker since he forces early pallet drop, so if the survivors keep dropping pallets early and still manage to repair due to their number, you can eventually snowball lategame using NOED since vaults won't prove efficient to keep him at bay.
WHich is also why I get Brutal Strength : to break early dropped pallets quicker and improve his chasing even more.
Not to mention it's being nerfed next patch, due to the color change of generator auras, so people can easily hide behind them now.
They also nerfed Billy on the PTB, by making bloodlust to go if he revs his chainsaw. So basically, you lose bloodlust stacks if you try to use your chainsaw to mindgames at pallets.
Yup, some sneaky nerfs they get in game without many people noticing.
I just asked to a dev (jeff is awesome), and he told me that the bloodlust reset only happens when the chainsaw sprint STARTS, so I suppose it's not actually a nerf!
My bad on that (the patchnote was misleading tho, he's gonna make it more clear he told me)
I quote it
Survivors can still fast vault if they are close enough, which they always are considering the travel time of the throw is ######### garbage.