Once per trial, while in the Killer's grasp, once the wiggle meter has reached 33%, succeed a skill check to escape the Killer's grasp and stun them for 3 seconds. You enter a 10/15/20 second bleedout timer.
Decisive Strike change
Decisive Strike
Using whatever is at hand, you stab at your aggressor in an ultimate attempt to escape.
If the survivor takes any damage during the bleed-out timer or if the bleed-out timer ends, they will be put into the dying state.
After recovering from the stun the killer will will receive Haste for 20 seconds.
With this change:
- no survivor perks will affect being the obsession. This will now be entirely random with each survivor having an equal chance of being the obsession
- the requirement to break free from the killer's grasp has been made uniform for all tiers. No more immediate skill checks. You must plan ahead to get yourself far enough away from a hook to be able to reach 33%
- the stun will be a flat 3 seconds and will no longer be affected by Enduring
- survivors will receive the Borrowed Time effect and can do their best to extend the chase, evade the killer, heal, potentially escape, etc.
Why? The devs said on stream that they thought the perk should come with more risk and be fun for both sides. I think the perk will still be powerful for survivors but the risks will be greater and the killer can actually use that Haste effect for whatever they choose (it will stack with Bloodlust, NOED and other perks affecting speed) and they have more ways of counter playing without the need of perks or dribbling.
I'm sure I missed something/I will probably get slammed but I thought this was a step in the right direction for the perk.
Comments
'Being able to restart a chase after being caught is not overpowered'.
Yeah, okay.
"With the current balance of the game"? You evidently don't know how badly this game is balanced - against Killers.
Decisive Strike is undeniably broken. You might have scrubs who get downed the instant they get off the Killer's shoulder because they didn't plan out a route to go after getting off, but if the person who's using it is a god looper, the perk is broken.
Decisive Strike lets you restart a chase after you've been caught. The worst part of it, is that everyone can use the perk.
That last point should not be the case - there should only be one Survivor in the trial who can use Decisive Strike to escape; the Obsession. Non-Obsession Decisive Strike users should only cause the stun that BHVR are (or were) looking at. Or they should not have it at all.
You really need to take a better look at the state of this game, man.
I think this is a pretty neat change. I like how this addresses the issue of DS being a "get out of jail free card". My DS change suggestion would be similar to this one. Nice work.
You can't prevent DS,you can play around it dribbling or in some cases just eat it, in either case you ain't disabled the perk like it I or survivors cleansing totems
Just say, use undressing, its like saying "use deja vu against the 3 gens patrol tactic"
Sorry how is the game dead? I Insta find games in both sides, the longest time I had to wait was 1min. Idk maybe you're talking about another game
- don't see how "restarting the chase" as a one time deal is a bad thing. It happens once most games. As I said, just run enduring and it's not even an issue. I don't think a game is fun when you balance the survivors around only being able to run in straight lines. But from your rhetoric, you're an extremist. tons of people like you on these forums.-
You just played yourself. "I don't think its fun if you balance the survivor being able to run just in straight lines' theb say 'you're an extremist" omg are you serious?
Your survivor entitlement prevents yourself to comprehend something that doesn't fit your narrative, especially when debunked. I'm sorry I forgot about you
but everytime I open a lobby as killer, I end up walking away to make food or something while I wait for it to fill.
(xbox one player, so maybe that's why, but that doesn't change the fact that I'm forced to play survivor if I want to play more than 2 rounds a night after work and most of those end up with lazy campers.)
It goes both ways duuudd
Glad we had a stream where they showed less than 50% survival rate on all platforms. This proofs that all the killers crying for nerfs on the forum are just bad killers.
DS would become a joke perk
If DS was gutted that would mean survivors might actually have to become good instead of relying on crutch so the change would most likely increase the survival rate.
Incoming killer mains, your mission objective is to survive (I agree with this btw)
All this does it make it a much more uniform, situational perk that requires strategy to use effectively while making it less obnoxious for the killer. Would it reduce people using it? Probably. And that's a good thing. But save it for the right time and it's still incredibly powerful.
I both find the perk terrible as a survivor (other than Adrenaline I think one-time use perks are generally not worth a slot unless you're going for a particular build) and a killer (if you're in a pallet city and you don't use one of the top killers then you can get looped for 2 gens just to down them and they have DS so there goes 1-2 more gens. It's dumb). DS greatly punishes killers that don't use meta/crutch perks like Ruin, NOED, and BBQ and don't use a top tier OP killer like Nurse and Billy. So don't complain when most killers carry some combination of the most popular perks if you're gonna carry DS, a perk that has the power to waste an incredible amount of time and in some cases make a 1-2 minute chase completely null and void.
The less crutches in this game, the better it will be for everyone. And yeah idc if NOED can be countered by cleansing totems, it's still a perk people rely on when they are not good and it exists because of flaws in the base game design, like objectives being too easy or some killers being terrible in a chase.
Na man, D strike is broke. I don't know why people try to to sit here and come up with excuses with why it's not broken. Second, juggling is not a counter because it doesn't work all the time. If juggling doesn't work all the time, then it's not a counter is it? I'm sure we can all agree with that logic. What if the survivor is no where near a hook? Should I just leave him slugged and say slugging is a counter because that seems to be the logic D-Strike users lean towards? What if a non-obsession has D-strike?
If it's one thing I've learned in my gaming history, if one ability raises this much controversy, it's usually broken in some way. The problem isn't D-strike directly, it's how fast generators are completed and how much D-strike delays a hook (not ending a chase and not applying pressure). I'm not really gonna go over all of D-strike's flaws because this is already a well-known problem for killer side, but we knew all that already didn't we?
So 4 DS in a team means 4*23=92 seconds delay. One survivor needs 80 sec at a gen, mhm......
I missed the stream so im not sure about all the details, but what about activation of DS?
Almsot sounds like the slug meta is coming back
Why can't we all just suggest things to each other without ripping the other a new a**hole
Not that it matters right now; they stated they dunno ######### to do with it and there's no changes in the near future, so juggle on or grit your teeth and take it.
uhh, not caring about the perk because sometimes you cannot land it and on some maps you can force survivors to get cornered when using it
Edit: I totally said it didn't help at all at the end there LoL But you get the point beyond nitpicking... it's not a counter.