I can barely play the game.

Even with my in-game graphics settings (graphics quality and resolution) turned to the very lowest they can go, I get a terrible framerate and awful lag, plus my game freezes for a few seconds whenever a generator is completed. If I turn any of my graphics settings above the minimum, my game crashes when I try to load into a match.

Is there anything I can do within my PC's settings to fix this or anything that might be causing this problem?

Comments


  • @[Deleted User] said:

    What're your specs? On windows 10 you can find them by going to System => About then they should be there.

    Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-1035G1 CPU @ 1.00GHz  1.20 GHz

    Installed RAM: 8.00 GB (7.70 GB usable)

    System type: 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor

  • @DoritoHead said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2793128#Comment_2793128

    Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-1035G1 CPU @ 1.00GHz  1.20 GHz

    Installed RAM: 8.00 GB (7.70 GB usable)

    System type: 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor

    Er, you dont meet the minimum specs and dont appear to have a dedicated GPU. I am amazed you can even start the game let alone even play it at all

  • @MaTtRoSiTy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2793136#Comment_2793136

    Er, you dont meet the minimum specs and dont appear to have a dedicated GPU. I am amazed you can even start the game let alone even play it at all

    Damn, I'll just wait to get a real PC to switch then. (Using a laptop at the moment which probably explains a lot)

    Good thing I bought the game on sale so not that much money gets wasted.

  • @DoritoHead said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2793138#Comment_2793138

    Damn, I'll just wait to get a real PC to switch then. (Using a laptop at the moment which probably explains a lot)

    Good thing I bought the game on sale so not that much money gets wasted.

    Until you can afford a new one I would suggest turning full screen off and setting the resolution to where its almost a full screen view and you would be surprised how much better it will run and make sure you keep auto adjust on as well, my PC went down once and I had to game on a laptop that had 6 GB of RAM and an I3 processor until my new one came in so I know the struggle

  • I've gotten some lag since the update, first time in a while (except for RPD which can barely load during a chase).

  • @DoritoHead said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2793138#Comment_2793138

    Damn, I'll just wait to get a real PC to switch then. (Using a laptop at the moment which probably explains a lot)

    Good thing I bought the game on sale so not that much money gets wasted.

    Make sure to do research before you get a new PC. Consider building one from scratch. If I could do it (and I'm slow) anyone can. Feel free to start up a thread in the Off-Topic section and tag me if you want some advice. Building one is cheaper than buying a pre-built and usually results in better performance.

  • @Huge_Bush said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2793158#Comment_2793158

    Make sure to do research before you get a new PC. Consider building one from scratch. If I could do it (and I'm slow) anyone can. Feel free to start up a thread in the Off-Topic section and tag me if you want some advice. Building one is cheaper than buying a pre-built and usually results in better performance.

    I'll look into it, thank you!

    I am what many would consider "completely broke" right now so I'll need to get some money before I can start building one. I've heard a lot of different things about the price. What's the usual cost to build a decent PC?

  • @DoritoHead said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2793399#Comment_2793399

    I'll look into it, thank you!

    I am what many would consider "completely broke" right now so I'll need to get some money before I can start building one. I've heard a lot of different things about the price. What's the usual cost to build a decent PC?

    If you're gonna build then the only way it saves you money is when you go for all the high end stuff. Otherwise it's cheaper to buy.

  • I have a low-end pc, and I'm able to play dbd with a software called low specs experience.

    It gave me enough fps to be able to play.

  • @DoritoHead said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2793399#Comment_2793399

    I'll look into it, thank you!

    I am what many would consider "completely broke" right now so I'll need to get some money before I can start building one. I've heard a lot of different things about the price. What's the usual cost to build a decent PC?

    Don't worry about it, I'm in a similar situation. Currently job hunting.

    I spent about $850 for my PC but that's not including keyboard, mouse or monitor. It's mid-range and a little over two years old. It's got an 8-core AMD CPU at 3.59GHz, 16GB of RAM with an SSD for the hard drive.

    I'd say save up about $1K to $1500 at most if you're not a heavy gamer and want your PC to last.

  • I got a gaming pc like 6 years ago, but the computer restarts when I load the game. the problem seems to be a faulty hardware. I don't know if the problem is the power supply or the graphics card (AMD R9 390). I don't want to spend money on new hardware, now I play the game on XBOX.

  • @HelloDarkness said:

    I have a low-end pc, and I'm able to play dbd with a software called low specs experience.

    It gave me enough fps to be able to play.

    you use the premium one? recent update dropped my frames by 120 to 100fps..