Why don’t people understand how to play against Bubba

This was pretty hilarious. As soon as David went down in the basement it was a lost cause. I knew he was gonna get camped so I worked on a gen. Then Steve goes down there for some reason a gets downed😒. all 3dced on hook and I found hatch but damn. I was solo but the mikela and Steve were together idk how you screw up that much. Sometimes it’s not even you, it’s your team

https://youtu.be/hhSPOgekGFo

Comments

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2792777#Comment_2792777

    You don't. But it's max of once per chase, and the Dead Hard is often not the difference between making that pallet or not. "It can't be countered" is not the best argument since it can be applied to any exhaustion perk; in all cases, the survivor is trading the perk slot for a good likelihood of a longer chase. The only difference is the activation condition.

    FWIW I hate playing against Dead Hard too. Still though, it's not exactly special.

    It is special. It is the only Exhaustion perk where you have 100% control over when and where it happens. It has pinpoint timing entirely under the Survivor's control. No height? No Balanced Landing. No vault? No Lithe. Wanna 99 that Sprint Burst? Guess you aren't doing gens.


    A perk that isn't special does not have the insane pick rate that it does.

  • because swf is the only real way to play this game, useless survivors will make useless decisions.

  • Personally, I believe it’s because they don’t play him- let alone any killer. I always knew never to mess with him and the basement, but I never realized windows & timing are your best counter to him until AFTER i started playing him myself. And that’s why good Bubba’s bring Bamboozle. There were some other minor nuances I realized as well after using him, that made me last longer in chase when I vs. him.

    Players do the craziest ######### like run into a dead zone and try to 360 him while he’s chainsawing. Only a Day 1 bubba would fall for that (which I did), but I’m no longer a Day 1. Put yourself in the other side’s shoes if you really want to know how to counter. Expand your horizons.

  • @deKlaw_04 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2793388#Comment_2793388

    And then there’s nothing I can do when all 3 teammates suck

    You really shouldn't have one, this is team game.

  • @Reshy said:

    If bubba had more map pressure and his ability was a bit stronger at loops you might see less camping from him. Currently while better than Hillbilly, he still has a really high difficulty curve due to the fickleness of the chainsaw's hitbox (which gives you a long stun) to get good at when camping is the easiest thing you can do.

    Or they would still camp because it's even easier. The bubba's who don't camp now, still won't camp. While the vast majority that do, will continue. Let's not act like people only camp because they need to. A lot camp because it makes things easier to get kills. That won't change if you give Leatherface more power. Camping will still be the easiest thing to do.

  • I thoroughly enjoy playing an M1 only bubba (with expections for pallets / walls) with devour hope. People just don't expect it.

    STBFL / Devour / Undying / Haunted Grounds. People will be in my face waiting for me to use my chainsaw, but nope. By the time most of them figure it out, it's too late and I'm on my way to the 5th stack. And if I lose all of my totems early, at least I got some slowdown out of it. And the best part about it, if everything goes to hell in a handbasket, I can still break out my chainsaw.

  • @SmarulKusia said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2792541#Comment_2792541

    Baiting a deadhard, or outwaiting a deadhard is playing around it.

    There is not one singular perk in this game that you can't play around lmao

    Ever think that you're 'tired' of 'repeating' yourself is because maybe.. you are wrong?

    That's one way to show us that you either have never played killer or you go against people who don't use DH properly.

  • Personally, I'd rather deal with a Basement bubba than to play against a Hag. Hag is more dangerous at guarding ANY hook and doesn't need to insidious camp to do it.

1 2 ›