Remove SWF

When is the game finally going to remove SWF?


1. it only encourages more ppl to play survivor and harras the killer

2. there isn't supposed to be communications in a game wich is a 1 (killer) v 1 v 1 v 1 v 1 (survivors individually), If survivors don't go for unhooks, they lose, so that way they're forced to teamplay but not OP teamplay with coms and stuff...


SWF should have never been a thing ESPECIALLY NOT if the game developpers keep deciding to nerf killer and buff survivor, Killers really need a change or we will have to tunnel & facecamp forever in order to get 1. pip-up while a survivor needs to do jack ######### and still gets 1 even 2 pip-ups. It's disgusting SWF needs to be removed for the health of the game

Tagged: BHVR

Comments

  • @Cal28 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2788364#Comment_2788364

    Agreed. I completely overlooked the fact bullying could happen. Guess I had too much faith in humanity.

    Yeah, Theres plenty of good ones out there, shame the bad ones ruin it. 😔 it would be interesting to hear the walkie talky sound and some muffled voices though if players were nearby. Add to realism.

  • Uuuh I play with my cousin all we do for game info is state if they have BBQ, ruin, undying etc otherwise we're talking about really dumb (insert bad word) ex:


    If you were transformed into a worm would the person who did it make you have the same human feelings and conscious so you are forever a worm with higher thinking but can't do anything with it?


    Do aliens drive by our planet and roll up their windows like we do in sketchy places ?


    Would you be able to resist eating your own arm if it was made out of garlic bread if it grew back every day?


    Most players aren't using the comms competivetly nor using them as you suspect. Most times it's 2-4 idiots having fun

  • @deKlaw_04 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/308353/remove-swf

    I play sometimes on 4 man squad but with no communication. Mainly with people I found playing solo que and just adding them based on how they played. Is that fine?

    As main killer for me its fine you play with your friends what its not fine by me its the game information part.

    Becuz people without comms loses time in:

    Rescuing 2 persons same time.

    1 or 2 person looking for totems in the same area or in a area just made.

    1 hex totem got discovered and while I chase the person who saw it another person is breaking it.

    And much more situations where comms information benefit survivors.

  • I actually prefer to face SWF. It is more fun because they can work together instead of beating on some solo player doing an archive challenge that makes me feel awkward about killing them in the first minute because someone farmed them for BP.

  • @Mandy said:

    I remember the time before SWF was introduced - there was the option at the start of KYF and SWF and KYF was implemented first (disclaimer before people jump on that, both were always intended).

    Survivors just used to lobby dodge until the got into the lobbies with their friends (not difficult to do even now if you're in the same area). That actually caused bigger issues for matchmaking having lobbies being dodged all over the place. People are going to want to play with their friends, it's only natural - this can be a party game for many players, not everyone takes the game super competitively and a lot are casual players who want to have fun with their friends.

    Also, a lot of SWF do not even discuss the game properly when they're playing - it's not so much information that they're passing to each other but misinformation and trolling of each other.

    Also, I've been accused of being in a SWF a lot of times, when I was not - because the players coordinated together. That happens more frequently than people realise, which then again leads players to assume they're playing against SWF.

    Yes coordinated SWF teams are strong, nobody is denying that. And a team of 4 solo survivors is the weakest section of the game, but fortunately as it's been mentioned, there are tentative plans (nothing confirmed) to address that issue.

    I think it's important to note the why solo survivors aren't as efficient as SWF though. Not all of it has to do with plain communication.

    My friends are more reliable in general meaning that they will:

    • Take a hit once in a while.

    • Take aggro.

    • • Do a gen without hesitation.
    • • Save and not let survivors to go phase 2 even when they are near the hook.

    I could go on and on. Things that aren't even relevant to communication or lack there of. We could play without comms and still do just as well because we rely on each other.

  • This is never gonna happen. Do not even dream it.

  • @Mandy said:

    I remember the time before SWF was introduced - there was the option at the start of KYF and SWF and KYF was implemented first (disclaimer before people jump on that, both were always intended).

    Survivors just used to lobby dodge until the got into the lobbies with their friends (not difficult to do even now if you're in the same area). That actually caused bigger issues for matchmaking having lobbies being dodged all over the place. People are going to want to play with their friends, it's only natural - this can be a party game for many players, not everyone takes the game super competitively and a lot are casual players who want to have fun with their friends.

    Also, a lot of SWF do not even discuss the game properly when they're playing - it's not so much information that they're passing to each other but misinformation and trolling of each other.

    Also, I've been accused of being in a SWF a lot of times, when I was not - because the players coordinated together. That happens more frequently than people realise, which then again leads players to assume they're playing against SWF.

    Yes coordinated SWF teams are strong, nobody is denying that. And a team of 4 solo survivors is the weakest section of the game, but fortunately as it's been mentioned, there are tentative plans (nothing confirmed) to address that issue.

    The best fix is to create a separate queue. Make a queue specifically for people who want pure Solo survivor games, and then a separate queue for people who are using SWF's.

    Yes, the SWF queue will be lacking Killers. But this is a HUGE RED FLAG to your developers that Killers are not playing your game because of SWF.

    I'm not saying remove SWF. Just create a separate queue for those who want to play with their friends and matchmake public players.


    my second idea, which I am not too fond of....

    A Radio.

    Radio - allows survivors to speak to each other with voice chat



    so the in game survivors have an in game voice chat. Either a Perk or an item.

  • @Johnny_XMan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2785445#Comment_2785445

    I think it's important to note the why solo survivors aren't as efficient as SWF though. Not all of it has to do with plain communication.

    My friends are more reliable in general meaning that they will:

    • Take a hit once in a while.

    • Take aggro.

    • • Do a gen without hesitation.
    • • Save and not let survivors to go phase 2 even when they are near the hook.

    I could go on and on. Things that aren't even relevant to communication or lack there of. We could play without comms and still do just as well because we rely on each other.

    Im sure you wont play as well as when you use comms with friends are a little bit more coordinated but never the same.

  • @UnknownKiller said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2785478#Comment_2785478

    As main killer for me its fine you play with your friends what its not fine by me its the game information part.

    Becuz people without comms loses time in:

    Rescuing 2 persons same time.

    1 or 2 person looking for totems in the same area or in a area just made.

    1 hex totem got discovered and while I chase the person who saw it another person is breaking it.

    And much more situations where comms information benefit survivors.

    Yeah I totally get that. Like I said I add the survivor that I felt were good teammates in my solo que games. I want to play with people that are good, can take chases and don’t do stupid plays like unhooking without bt in front of the killers face. I’m on PlayStation and I add anyone so most of the time I don’t have communication and that’s fine because I know I’m playing with good teammates. I had a twitch streamer playing pinhead ask us if we were a swf and we said yes but with no coms and he was like “fair” lmao

  • @UnknownKiller said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2789160#Comment_2789160

    Im sure you wont play as well as when you use comms with friends are a little bit more coordinated but never the same.

    Funny you say that because we've actually tested it out. We weren't able to make some calls like telling each other what the killer had in terms of add ons, or where a hex was. In general though, we found out that that stuff didn't matter since we were all capable of figuring them out ourselves. The core part still remained and that was that we were all reliable and efficient.

    Someone was camped and the other person traded hooks to buy more time. If a person didn't have BT, they knew to at the very least take a hit so that the person with BT had a chance to go in for the save. Those are things not all solo queue survivors just are willing to do. Which has nothing to do with communication.

  • Half of the playerbase would permanently vanish if they removed SWF, if not more. They obviously never are going to do that. What however could be done is have some sort of base Thanatophobia for every player in a SWF but they clearly are always way too scared to nerf anything on the survivor side.

  • You do realize that SWF is out of game implementation. People use XBOX Party Chat or Discord and just invite friends to play. SWF isn't a mechanic that can be removed from the game because its something people just do. Plus, a lot of people do more SWF these days because many players are newbies or really don't do anything all game, so many gamers invite their friends to play because they need and want reliable teammates.

  • @Cal28 said:

    I play solely as killer and I think there is a place for SWF. Hear me out…

    A) it should have its own playlist with its unique rules, add ons and perks.

    b) it should award higher blood points if you choose to play it.

    c) this SWF playlist would also introduce items like a walkie talkie. Could also be countered with killer add ons or perks, hexes etc. The coms could lose reception if you’re too far away or the killer somehow disrupts communication or you drop it after getting slugged.

    d) if survs don’t equip or find a radio, then they should only be able to hear each other if they’re within earshot of one another. This goes for killers too. A killer should be able to hear you based on proximity.

    I think this would make it more fun for both sides if done right. Thoughts?

    Only major problem I can find immediately is that doesn't account for 3rd party chat.

  • @Johnny_XMan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2789348#Comment_2789348

    Funny you say that because we've actually tested it out. We weren't able to make some calls like telling each other what the killer had in terms of add ons, or where a hex was. In general though, we found out that that stuff didn't matter since we were all capable of figuring them out ourselves. The core part still remained and that was that we were all reliable and efficient.

    Someone was camped and the other person traded hooks to buy more time. If a person didn't have BT, they knew to at the very least take a hit so that the person with BT had a chance to go in for the save. Those are things not all solo queue survivors just are willing to do. Which has nothing to do with communication.

    Yeah im not saying that with intuition u cannot communicate but for example stealth and traps killers.

    If your friend says there is a trap on a window so dont use it while you are in chase how does your friend tell it to you?

1 2 ›