Why do I get a disconnect penalty when I dc against a hacker

20220127_175013.jpg

I was playing the pig and this Nancy was jumping around the map

Comments

  • You got a dc penalty because you DC'ed. The game can't distinguish if it was genuine or salty. All it can see is you quit a match.

  • How exactly is the game susposed to know your playing against a hacker and not just dcing for reasons.

  • Because BHVR has no idea what they're doing and can't implement a super simple anti-cheat software that goes "hey, that lady is bouncing around like a GD basketball, I have a feeling that she's cheating".

    So we all get to pay the price because BHVR is incompetent when it comes to dealing with cheats

  • @EvilJoshy said:

    You got a dc penalty because you DC'ed. The game can't distinguish if it was genuine or salty. All it can see is you quit a match.

    So I'm I supposed to finish the match and risk getting banned because there's a hacker in the lobby?

  • @graveyard_7777 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2776067#Comment_2776067

    So I'm I supposed to finish the match and risk getting banned because there's a hacker in the lobby?

    The DC penalty is not a sentient being. It can only see that you DC'd. Not why or how.

  • @AngyKiller said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2776079#Comment_2776079

    The DC penalty is not a sentient being. It can only see that you DC'd. Not why or how.

    So next time just play with the hacker like everything is all good

  • As they are not aware it is a hacker at that time, therefore the system treats it as a general match it simply sees you DC and applies the penalty. If the system would have figured out that the person you were facing was a hacker it would ban them.

  • @GuyFawx said:

    How exactly is the game susposed to know your playing against a hacker and not just dcing for reasons.

    Devs can see his reason for DC here and now. Simple.

  • Unless you DC a lot for... Other reasons, then it's like a 5 minute penalty. Grab a drink, get your dog a treat, kiss your wife/husband/girlfriend/boyfriend/pet and chill for a second.

  • @graveyard_7777 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2776067#Comment_2776067

    So I'm I supposed to finish the match and risk getting banned because there's a hacker in the lobby?

    Considering how the devs have been letting the hackers run rampant they most likely won't do anything to either of you.

  • Honestly with the amount of cheating going on they need to ease up on the dc penalty. I am not talking about completely getting rid of it but at least the first and second should not come with a timer.

    At least until they can get a proper reporting system that doesn’t require you to present video evidence of someone who is cheating.

  • The penalty system doesn't work. I am complaining because other players disconnect from the game and penalize me.

    Today easy anti cheat closed the game by mistake and I was penalized 1 hour. DBD don't care about the players

    1.jpg 11.jpg


  • @AsherFrost said:

    Unless you DC a lot for... Other reasons, then it's like a 5 minute penalty. Grab a drink, get your dog a treat, kiss your wife/husband/girlfriend/boyfriend/pet and chill for a second.

    I like that kiss option 😘