Got 6k shards without buying bubba?
Around the time when I started playing DBD I wanted BBQ but did not want to buy bubba so I skipped him. I did use one of those splinter offerings to try him out (I did not enjoy the experience).
I guess that counts as me being eligible for shards?
Tagged:
BHVR
Comments
You played Bubba, did you not? That's what the Splinter does, and that's how you used to be able to get licensed achievements without spending money too.
I see. I never had much interest for licensed characters so I didn't even bother with the achievements. I think I only used bubba and myers splinter once. I had zero interest in playing pig and freddy's splinter was just broken and didn't work.
Provided you used a Splinter it would still log you in the database as having played him since achievement data + playrate/kill rate data got stored. So enjoy your 6k shards for free.
Interestingly enough, I still have not received my 6k shards. And I've probably got 1000 hours in Bubba alone.
Not everyone is getting them at the same time.
On the Twitter post there are people that didn't even play him with a Splinter who got the shards, and there are others that unlocked all the masks that have (so far) got nothing.
There's still ~5 hours until it becomes time to contact support; they gave a 24 hour warning at 21:00 GMT (9pm) and it's currently 16:09 GMT (4:09pm)
Yeah I haven't gotten mine yet so I'll probably have to contact support soon.
You still got like 3 hours
Please do not contact Support until after the time limit, as they will not be able to help until then anyway.
I will try to get confirmation a bit later as to whether all the compensation has been given out - I probably won't be able to update until tomorrow though unfortunately (timezones and all that).