UNFUN KILLERS TO GO AGAINST

Why do people complain about going against a pinhead or a nemesis? But don't complain about nurse or doc. Nurse literally goes through walls and should be the most complained killer in the game. Nemesis and pinhead are just iconic characters and idk why anyone would dislike going against them. Yes nurse takes skill to play but it doesn't matter because she's quite op. But everyone says she isn't played much so she isn't complained about, but pinhead and twins are killers that are played less than nurse but get hated on? I don't understand the logic. I'm not saying nerf her, I'm just saying she's the strongest killer in the game for a reason. Pinhead and nemesis are cool so I personally LOVE going against them and any licensed killer except freddy because his power doesn't fit the character well.

Comments

  • @Tubby_Squirrel said:

    Nemesis is fun as heck to go against imo. His power doesn't make him 'unloopable' just very very strong at pallets and the zombies are random fun!

    Now this is from the perspective of a killer main who rarely plays survivor.

    Anyway I don't have the effing PATIENCE to DC in this game. Especically after waiting an agonozing survivor que time, not to mention it will be about another miniute or two before you're actully in the game, then HOW are you going to play for a few minutes.... only to DC get 0BP and double de-pip so its that much harder to get a bp reword on the 13'th and now you have to wait 5 minutes only to be allowed to wait even longer in the que again and before you know it you've been playing 30 or 40 minutes with not a single BP to show for it!

    Nemesis also has awesome chase music. He is fun to go against.

  • @StarLost said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/307286/unfun-killers-to-go-against

    Because people fall into a comfortable routine running a Myers around the same loop for half an hour or stealthing it out and slamming gens, and really don't like having to do something different.

    If you play any of the less conventional killers a lot (Hag, Demo, Pinhead, Artist, Doctor) - you'll see what I mean. So. Many. DCs.

    I'd say this is it. I actually get more than my fair share of DCs on Trapper as well. I think that's due to me playing solo survivor a lot so I trap all the strong loops. My DCs are mainly from overconfident and/or BMing survivors who tbag and then run into a strong loop to find out I trapped it at the beginning of the match. They can't pull their usual stuff at that point so they DC.

  • This content has been removed.
  • Nurse is the most unfun killer to go against. If they're good, there is nothing you can do, you are dead. If they're bad, it is really boring.

  • @StarLost said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2773992#Comment_2773992

    Don't get mad - you made a mistake, not me.

    To your OP.

    1. People complain about Nurse. All the time. But the forums consist mostly of bitter veterans who have been playing against Nurse for years. They know how she works and with her omnipresence in higher MMR, are used to her.
    2. People aren't as accustomed to Pinhead.

    No I didn't get mad I just panicked 🤣🤣🤣

  • The misinformation some people spread is amazing

  • It just a matter of preference. People are going to like different things.

    Nurse I believe is the single most unfair BS thing in the game because she ignores all survivor defenses and against a Nurse who know exactly what they are doing, the match outcome is already pre-determined and it’s boring as hell because you can’t do anything about it as a survivor. It doesn’t matter if Nurse takes “skill”, it’s still always going to be boring going against a Nurse with a lot of hours.

    But not a lot of Nurse players are like that so a majority of Nurse matches are your typical average match. So I usually don’t mind Nurse.

    Pinhead is a snoozefest. There are no redeeming qualities that make him “fun” in a chase. He is a slowdown killer which is already in itself not my cup of tea. I dislike killers like Pinhead, Clown, and Freddy because most of the time you just have to pre drop pallets. There is just nothing “fun” about Pinhead to me and that’s just a preference of mine.

    Nemesis is okay. Not my most favorite but he is kinda just….there. I’m tired of seeing him because I see him played so often. A lot of his players for some reason play like the biggest sweat buckets in the world but that isn’t a Nemesis gameplay problem.

    TL:DR, because people just like to face different characters and it’s a matter of preference.

  • Liking or disliking anything in this game is fine. But some people in this thread need to quit acting like their like or dislike for a thing has any relevance to whether or not said thing is balanced.

  • @Mtom912 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2774845#Comment_2774845

    so nurse isn't crippled by having to go pallet to pallet, versing nurse is way more than just holding W & LOS, constantly mindgaming with subtle movements and pathing at all times, and playing the pallet 50/50 vs nurse makes her way more interactive. Also i literally said in my post nemesis & pinhead = predrop & hold W which will run them for 5 gens, boring not fun

    Also when exactly did i say survivors don't need skill? i'd like to know considering outside of forums i regularly talk about how much i despise DH & refuse to use it, and I average 0 objective points in my normal games cause i spend all game running at the killer

    Survivors take less skill to play

  • @MikaKim said:

    You must be new.

    Nurse was introduced to counter infinites back in the day. Real infinites too, not the soft infinites that killers whine about nowadays when they get owned.

    Killers continued to complain so (over time) infinites were removed. Nurse for the LONGEST time remained ridiculously OP, to the extent that (back in the day when you could check). If you checked it was a nurse main you were playing against, you just played for hatch, because you were never going to make 5 gennies.

    This persisted for the longest time. Even removing the killer user check so survivors couldn't game it. It changed nothing, then finally YEARS after nurse being a broken killer did the get around to nerfing nurse to any meaningful level.

    There's more OP killers than nurse nowadays.

    I wouldn't consider one more to be much though.

  • @hailxsatanxeveryxday said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/307286/unfun-killers-to-go-against

    Did you see the kill statistics DBD posted a few days ago on social media? Nurse had the lowest kill percentage by far (~40%).

    When you say that "it doesn't matter" that Nurse has a high skill ceiling, the truth is that good Nurses are actually fairly uncommon, and Nurses who are so experienced that they can take full advantage of her powers to dominate every game are extremely rare. The high skill ceiling does matter, because almost nobody can play her well enough to be the unstoppable superkiller she's become in the DBD player mass psyche.

    When I play survivor, I'm never really unhappy to come across a Nurse. The ones who are good only manage to impress me.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2773990#Comment_2773990

    Does Demo belong on that list? I could go against a Demo drunk, stoned, and blindfolded. I always breathe a sigh of relief if I come up against one. (Never play him, though.)

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2774017#Comment_2774017

    Nemesis needs a hitbox buff so badly. His tentacle range is actually terrible unless you've made it to at least T2, and even then, good luck hitting anything, especially if you're playing on Stadia with a controller. Maybe once DBD gets EAC Linux support and I take the time to learn how to use mouse and keyboard, I'll change my mind, but.

    I'm saying it doesn't matter how skilled a nurse is when she downs you instantly with not much you can do. How is any other killer more boring than that? Pinhead and nemesis have to catch up and get destroyed by windows and pallets and nurse ignores them. Yes a nurse can take so much skill to play but I don't care when she goes through walls and downs me fast. Also, there's not even many pinheads played, more nurses than him but people complain more about him. Forget the skill, if you get downed by a pinhead and just feel bored or upset, imagine a nurse going through a wall, pallet, window and just downing you no matter what mindgame you try. Regardless of skill, that's overpowered and way less fun to go against than an iconic character from hellraiser (which is hella cool)

  • Oh no you had to face a nurse soooorry but the devs some to not care about killer variety so I guess survivors will have to get used to going up against nurse and blight from no on.

  • I complain about every killer <3 thats why I'm a killer main

  • @Phasmamain said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2774274#Comment_2774274

    Because nemmy has much less windup and more speed while winding up making it a lose lose in a lot of scenarios

    But huntress can hit you from far away and nemesis can't. Nemesis has to be close to hit you plus he has to hit you 3 times. Huntress only 2 times so I still don't understand that logic.

  • The problem is not in the killers, but in the way the developers create them, while for random players these killers with the right build become unbearable and appeals, against SWF they seem useless, a problem that DBD has is that even if a killer has the best builds in the game and they make any random player hell, against more experienced players it's just that they know how to loop and know the map that the killer is already over

  • @Erd69 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2774522#Comment_2774522

    But huntress can hit you from far away and nemesis can't. Nemesis has to be close to hit you plus he has to hit you 3 times. Huntress only 2 times so I still don't understand that logic.

    Huntress is only hard to dodge when she reaches her full charge. This gives survivors ample time to find cover. Nemmy in many cases is a guaranteed hits. Sure he has to hit you 3 times but that doesn’t make it any more fun

  • @Phasmamain said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2778162#Comment_2778162

    Huntress is only hard to dodge when she reaches her full charge. This gives survivors ample time to find cover. Nemmy in many cases is a guaranteed hits. Sure he has to hit you 3 times but that doesn’t make it any more fun

    Now imagine getting hit by a hatchet from across the map. Hella annoying and worse than nemesis 🤣🤣🤣

  • @Erd69 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2778192#Comment_2778192

    Now imagine getting hit by a hatchet from across the map. Hella annoying and worse than nemesis 🤣🤣🤣

    That’s kinda on you though tbh. A lot of nemmy situations are just “guess I get hit here cool”

  • @Phasmamain said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2778193#Comment_2778193

    That’s kinda on you though tbh. A lot of nemmy situations are just “guess I get hit here cool”

    Same with huntress. Huntress lifts up a hatchet and zones you from far away, nemesis has to get close.

1 2 ›