Remember when being injured was a bad thing?

COH is more detrimental than you think. Aside from it destroying entire perks, and playstyles, it allows survivors to be overly altruistic and get away with it unlike how it used to be.

Before, aggressively ganging up on killers used to be more bad than good. Double body blocking hooks making the killer injure multiple people and causing the carried survivor to get away.

It used to not be worth it, or more of a give and take. Now... survivors can gang up on killers, and insta heal more often than before.

In high mmr you see alot of COH abuse. I see a trend in swarming killers and still healing after bc of COH.

Do the devs honestly not see these playstyles? And what they do? Or do they simply not care?

Survivors can go to a house window loop, and jump the window and heal before the killer can get within hitting distance. I see a good amount of fast healing mid chases.

Despite the nerf, I'm not seeing much of a difference in terms of heals. It feels almost the same to me. They needed to stop the stacked speeds not just base speeds.

I wished they'd have done something with snuffing too. Almost 100% of the time when I snuff a totem 1 or 2 more go up, or it just gets relit again or several times. Snuffing honestly seems pointless.

Comments

  • Being injured hasn't been a bad thing since... Oh when did they nerf healing again, patch 2.3.0 back in a October 2018? Ever since then absolutely nobody has cared for being injured because Dead Hard and Resilience and Iron Will unless you're facing an Oni or Spirit or Nurse (and most recently, a Blight).

    I can't be the only one who vividly remembers the no-heal meta, can I?

  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    Being injured hasn't been a bad thing since... Oh when did they nerf healing again, patch 2.3.0 back in a October 2018? Ever since then absolutely nobody has cared for being injured because Dead Hard and Resilience and Iron Will unless you're facing an Oni or Spirit or Nurse (and most recently, a Blight).

    I can't be the only one who vividly remembers the no-heal meta, can I?

    Not to mention new lucky break being thrown in. That’s why healing perks have become much stronger so they can compete with the injured perks

  • it's been this way for more than 2 years now since medkits were overbuffed. it's just gotten far, far worse. i spend most of my games healthy at this point; the killer either has to commit or i heal up in 10 or less seconds with a medkit. the current healing system is very win/win lol, a killer can't really get pressure out of injures unless there are literally no medkits in the game or it's a plague.

  • It's almost a wonder survivors are still able to heal at all, given some of these forum posts.

  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    Being injured hasn't been a bad thing since... Oh when did they nerf healing again, patch 2.3.0 back in a October 2018? Ever since then absolutely nobody has cared for being injured because Dead Hard and Resilience and Iron Will unless you're facing an Oni or Spirit or Nurse (and most recently, a Blight).

    I can't be the only one who vividly remembers the no-heal meta, can I?

    Glad i'm not the only one who remembered that

  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    Being injured hasn't been a bad thing since... Oh when did they nerf healing again, patch 2.3.0 back in a October 2018? Ever since then absolutely nobody has cared for being injured because Dead Hard and Resilience and Iron Will unless you're facing an Oni or Spirit or Nurse (and most recently, a Blight).

    I can't be the only one who vividly remembers the no-heal meta, can I?

    No Heal-Meta was a funny time.

    Killer Players rejoicing because Healing Speeds (and with those Self Care) were being nerfed, followed by "Survivors only do Gens"-Posts...

  • @Aven_Fallen said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2772323#Comment_2772323

    No Heal-Meta was a funny time.

    Killer Players rejoicing because Healing Speeds (and with those Self Care) were being nerfed, followed by "Survivors only do Gens"-Posts...

    When self care went from the best perk in the game to one of the worst overnight

  • @Aven_Fallen said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2772323#Comment_2772323

    No Heal-Meta was a funny time.

    Killer Players rejoicing because Healing Speeds (and with those Self Care) were being nerfed, followed by "Survivors only do Gens"-Posts...

    I mean, the problem remained the same: Killers often don't have enough time to counteract the gen speed. Gens could take 30 seconds if it meant that the killer could find, chase, 2 hit, pick up, and hook within a very short period of time as well. Its just like how furious survivors used to be if they got downed by a Billy, "how are we supposed to do gens when he has mobility and an instadown?!?!"

    Time management is, and will always be, the hardest part of balance in the game. Its why a lot of solos can't do much (low coordination means inefficiency) and its why a lot of killers feel stifled in their playstyle options (playing fairly usually means giving up a lot of map pressure and, thus, time.)