god damn I love steam maintenance

Perfect game, 2 survivors left, 10 hooks, took 3-4 enveloppes, 1 gen done, for sure close to 40K+ BP, nha sorry maintenance, and you'll get a 5 minutes penality, even if I won't have to wait it out


######### you steam.

Tagged: BHVR

Comments

  • Argh, yup.

    Playing a crazy game, had 2 dead and 2 on death hook, 1 gen left.

    BOOM, DC.

  • Can you give me your game logs?

    1. Press Windows Key + R to bring up "Run". 

    2. Type this in the "Run" prompt: %USERPROFILE%\AppData\Local\DeadByDaylight\Saved\Logs 

    3. The file called "DeadByDaylight.log" is your log file. Please attach it in your reply.

    It would be a big help if you could, thank you.

  • @Mandy said:

    Can you give me your game logs?

    1. Press Windows Key + R to bring up "Run". 

    2. Type this in the "Run" prompt: %USERPROFILE%\AppData\Local\DeadByDaylight\Saved\Logs 

    3. The file called "DeadByDaylight.log" is your log file. Please attach it in your reply.

    It would be a big help if you could, thank you.

    what for?

  • Because I'm trying to get this investigated about why it's happening

  • @Mandy said:

    Because I'm trying to get this investigated about why it's happening

    oh sure, i'll do it soon, about to start a new match, give me 10 minutes

  • Me too, Error 8012.

    I thought that was an error of my client only.

  • Seems fixed now.

  • If only they did their maintenance on a schedule, like every week in the same 4 hour window, you would have a chance to avoid these issues.

    Oh wait, that's exactly what happens.

  • @Mandy said:

    Thank you <3

    If it's any useful supplement, this happens every Tuesday at some time between 5 and 9 pm EST. It's most often between 6-7. Twice I can remember, it happened on Wednesday instead, but it's definitely a weekly thing that disconnects everyone using the platform. Luckily I was in a lobby instead of a match this week.

    @AsherFrost said:

    If only they did their maintenance on a schedule, like every week in the same 4 hour window, you would have a chance to avoid these issues.

    Oh wait, that's exactly what happens.

    "Just don't play DBD during prime evening hours because who knows if it's happened yet" isn't a great solution. It'd be different if it was the same time every week, but it floats all over the place.

  • yeah I think their maintenance lasted a bit longer tonight...not sure though, I'm just going by Twitter here.

    Anyone who got a DC penalty, if you could grab your logs and upload them here (nobody can read the info in it, it's encrypted), it would be very helpful.

  • @Laluzi said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2771169#Comment_2771169

    If it's any useful supplement, this happens every Tuesday at some time between 5 and 9 pm EST. It's most often between 6-7. Twice I can remember, it happened on Wednesday instead, but it's definitely a weekly thing that disconnects everyone using the platform. Luckily I was in a lobby instead of a match this week.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2771178#Comment_2771178

    "Just don't play DBD during prime evening hours because who knows if it's happened yet" isn't a great solution. It'd be different if it was the same time every week, but it floats all over the place.

    It's still the same day every week. Admittedly it sucks (especially when I was playing WoW as they also do maintenance Tuesday) but still, it's something that you know is coming and can plan around.

  • @Mandy said:

    yeah I think their maintenance lasted a bit longer tonight...not sure though, I'm just going by Twitter here.

    Anyone who got a DC penalty, if you could grab your logs and upload them here (nobody can read the info in it, it's encrypted), it would be very helpful.

    here it is

    DeadByDaylight.log

    I believe it's this one.

  • ohhh thank you so much @cutiekiller that will help a lot (trying to track down logs of this happening to people is a nightmare!)

  • @Mandy said:

    ohhh thank you so much @cutiekiller that will help a lot (trying to track down logs of this happening to people is a nightmare!)

    you're welcome