Killer Mains, I'm Calling You Out! A *Lunar Event* Challenge.

Or...well, anyone else that wants to try this.

So, this is what I'll be doing - in an attempt to both improve my game and also as an interesting experiment. A little challenge that should work for anyone from the lowest to the highest MMR. 


It's designed to:

- Improve my fundamentals.

- Get better at chasing, gamesense and skill use on all killers I own, not just my favorites.

- Give me and my opponents a more varied experience.

- Improve my tracking of hook states across all survivors.

- Give everyone a more 'fun' game.


The rules:

1. I can play as hard as I like early on. However, I am not permitted to kill any survivors until *everyone* is on their death hook. If I accidently violate this rule, I must let all remaining survivors escape on 2 hooks. Suicides and DCs are not my fault though.

2. No camping unless all 5 gens are done and all four survivors remain.

3. I'll be starting as Trapper. I have to play Trapper until I 'win'. 

4. After I win (note: a win is defined as sacrificing a minimum of 3 survivors. Games with a DC, suicide or AFK do not constitute a win) I have to switch to the next killer I own, proceeding linearly along the list, from left to right and from top to bottom. When I win as the last killer on my list, I go back to Trapper.

5. All perks and addons are acceptable.

6. Slugging is only permitted if it's to move directly to another chase, or to prevent DS/flashlight saves etc. Mass slugging is not permitted.

7. Slugging, camping and tunneling are acceptable if you encounter a teabagger or clicker. As always, BM = safeties off.


At the end of the lunar event, we all post our rough experiences in this thread. What was our win/loss ratio, and how survivors reacted to this playstyle, particularly in postgame.

Who's in?

EDIT: Postponing this until tomorrow for myself, in the expectation of Boil Over getting a look. Right now things are just too much of a mess, with 2/5 matches being discarded due to griefer squads abusing this.

Comments

  • @gilgamer said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/306586/killer-mains-im-calling-you-out-a-lunar-event-challenge

    in response to this im gonna reinstall only to play bubba with noed, deadlock, corrupt, and insidious and will be exclusively camping and slugging and see how many kills I get on average per game

    ...Why would you play Bubba with NOED?

    Surely Bamboozle would be the more consistent choice, to shorten that first chase?

  • @gilgamer said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/306586/killer-mains-im-calling-you-out-a-lunar-event-challenge

    in response to this im gonna reinstall only to play bubba with noed, deadlock, corrupt, and insidious and will be exclusively camping and slugging and see how many kills I get on average per game

    You don’t need insidious if you want to camp. Use no way out instead.

  • @StarLost said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2769064#Comment_2769064

    ...Why would you play Bubba with NOED?

    Surely Bamboozle would be the more consistent choice, to shorten that first chase?

    to send a message

  • I would do it.. probably, but I am currently on a dbd break.

  • @MrDardon said:

    I would do it.. probably, but I am currently on a dbd break.

    I'm basically coming back for the Lunar event, essentially. If it wasn't for that, I'd be on a hiatus until the SBMM changes go live.

  • Can I just... Facecamp someone and one hook them instead? Sounds easier. How about for my challenge I do it without Bubba and instead use Pinky Finger Clown to make it really difficult for myself? Yeah, sounds good.

  • @StarLost said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2769137#Comment_2769137

    I'm basically coming back for the Lunar event, essentially. If it wasn't for that, I'd be on a hiatus until the SBMM changes go live.

    Maybe i will also reinstall and go for a week of DBD and start going for kills again.

    Only problem, i have nearly no perks on half my roster XD

    Blight is my biggest weakness but let's see how it goes.

    Do you maybe have an example sheet for stats you take? For later comparison.

  • Quick question:

    3k + surv esc through hatch = win?

    3k + surv esc through gate = loss?

  • @StarLost said:

    Or...well, anyone else that wants to try this.

    So, this is what I'll be doing - in an attempt to both improve my game and also as an interesting experiment. A little challenge that should work for anyone from the lowest to the highest MMR. 

    It's designed to:

    - Improve my fundamentals.

    - Get better at chasing, gamesense and skill use on all killers I own, not just my favorites.

    - Give me and my opponents a more varied experience.

    - Improve my tracking of hook states across all survivors.

    - Give everyone a more 'fun' game.

    The rules:

    1. I can play as hard as I like early on. However, I am not permitted to kill any survivors until *everyone* is on their death hook. If I accidently violate this rule, I must let all remaining survivors escape on 2 hooks. Suicides and DCs are not my fault though.

    2. No camping unless all 5 gens are done and all four survivors remain.

    3. I'll be starting as Trapper. I have to play Trapper until I 'win'. 

    4. After I win (note: a win is defined as sacrificing a minimum of 3 survivors. Games with a DC, suicide or AFK do not constitute a win) I have to switch to the next killer I own, proceeding linearly along the list, from left to right and from top to bottom. When I win as the last killer on my list, I go back to Trapper.

    5. All perks and addons are acceptable.

    6. Slugging is only permitted if it's to move directly to another chase, or to prevent DS/flashlight saves etc. Mass slugging is not permitted.

    At the end of the lunar event, we all post our rough experiences in this thread. What was our win/loss ratio, and how survivors reacted to this playstyle, particularly in postgame.

    Who's in?

    Huh...I play like this everyday. Except I usually let everyone go on death hook no matter what - unless again BM means safety off - and just sweat at the start. If they keep sweating I just go the exit gate and wait. I ain't got time to get my day ruined by try hards. 😏

  • Interesting idea, I'll consider it and report back if I do. Billy is being left out though, even the thought of upcoming archive challenges with him gives me depression 😩

  • @Aneurysm said:

    Interesting idea, I'll consider it and report back if I do. Billy is being left out though, even the thought of upcoming archive challenges with him gives me depression 😩

    EDIT: I'm going to postpone this challenge until tomorrow, right now things are just too messy with Boil Over squads leading me to discard almost half my games thus far.

  • Cool idea, but I can barely stand to play the game when I play normally at this point. Its simply insufferable and oppressive. Getting my cosmetics and then I'm out again

  • @StarLost said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2769659#Comment_2769659

    EDIT: I'm going to postpone this challenge until tomorrow, right now things are just too messy with Boil Over squads leading me to discard almost half my games thus far.

    Fair. If eyrie offerings are getting spammed playing as trapper also doesn't appeal rn

1 2 ›