deadthslinger pick rate was 2.5% in this Q&A at all ranks/grades/mmr, before it was.....

3.57% in all ranks and 6.25% in red.


@Hoodied said:

killer stats

https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/GANNQRCDIMS3/image.png

https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/SYVC9AGJRIPL/image.png

btw THANK YOU @GoodBoyKaru for posting these on your thread!

I have wanted to see the stats for all the killers for so long and didn't have the time to see the stats from the Q&A, so when you posted it this gave me a chance to see who is all needs to see a tweak of some sort, using the devs words. NOW, onto the things

Who needs the most changes?

So here I will be using the analogy about Michael, devs said that "Michael will be seeing an add-on pass, not a full power rework", meaning he is in a state where only his add-ons has issues, meaning the killers around him are suffering the same issues as him. Devs also mentioned that Clown was next for an add-on pass, meaning that the killers near his kill rate need one too. Along with this, if the killers are considered "Underplayed" I will explain upon this. This means the killers that appear between Clown and Michael will most likely be in the same category later on (I.E they will need changes)

Nurse

According to her stats, she is played alot, however she has a low kill rate in the red ranks, while all ranks she still has a low kill rate and decently high play rate

Yes, she may be considered the strongest killer in dbd to date, but its how she is considered the strongest that makes issues relevant.

"If you are a bad nurse, you will lose every match, if you are a decent nurse, you could get 1 or 2 kills, but sometimes no kills, if you are a good nurse, you will tie or even begin getting your first kills consistently, if you are a god nurse, you will never lose"

This is what makes Nurse so hard to balance, if you buff nurse she will be better for people trying to learn her HOWEVER the amazing nurses will end matches so much faster, but if you nerf her the chart wouldn't make sense, which is why she needs another rework that makes her not as hard to play for new players, while keeping her skill cap high and her strength high without making her OP.

Blight

He may be new to the fog, however that does not excuse him

According to his stats, he is played a good amount with a close to decent kill rate in the red ranks, however with a low overall kill rate with low play rate.

Blight is the same as Nurse here, but this shows that he needs some changes in a different way.

When watching PC players (I.E ScottJund) he can control Blight's rush lunge very well, however console players/controller players don't have the same control.

It seems as if on controller Blight gets what I will call "Lunge Locked", where when lunging his lunge angle is locked and hard to control while on PC, it seems as if this can be controlled so much easier.

Plague

According to her stats overall, she is an underplayed killer with a low kill rate for all ranks, while having a decent kill rate in the red ranks, while having a low play rate.

This suggests that she needs a buff, however for me this reads off as her needing a rework.

A low playrate across the board means that she isn't fun to play, as her kill rate changes massively (Increases by more than 10%) when looking at the red ranks, showing that she has a strong power overall, but playing her just isn't fun.

Demogorgon

RWAAAAAAAAR

(We reached the demodog)

Demogorgon has a low playrate across the board, same with kill rate being moderately different when comparing between red ranks and all ranks

However, looking at this difference would mean he needs a buff, not a rework

"But Why?" he has a higher kill rate than Plague in both all ranks and red ranks, meaning he has a strong power already, however isn't as appealing as lets say Freddy or Billy

Deathslinger and Huntress

I am putting them in the same category as they both deal damage at long range

Huntress has an INCREDIBLY high play rate on both all ranks and red ranks, with a 12% increase to kill rate between all ranks and red ranks.

Deathslinger has a high play rate with a decent kill rate as well

"Now, why is huntress so high?" Free killer, you get a powerful ranged killer for free

They both need to be reviewed, not power wise but add-on wise

Clown-Michael

Due to these 2 eventually getting add-on changes t, that would mean everyone in between will need to see the same that stays between all ranks and red ranks

Full add-on pass (all add-ons redone)

These are the killers closest to clown on the stats

So Wraith, Huntress, Pyramid Head, Deathslinger, and Hillbilly

Most add-ons pass (Not all add-ons redone)

These will be the killers closest to The Legion

Being Trapper, Hag, and Billy

little amount changed (1-3 ADD-ONS CHANGED)

These will be the killers closest to Myers

Being Oni and GhostFace

The final 5

thE pIG

She has a high kill rate with low playrate, meaning she can be strong, but isn't consistent. So yes, the chart did read correctly, Pig still needs a buff, however this can be seen in an add-on pass

tHE spIRIT

According to the chart, she is high kill rate decent big playrate, but suggesting her stats being so massively different (11% change) for kill rate, she also needs an add-on pass or a really small nerf, but not too big

bubba

According to the stats, he has a high kill rate and big playrate, following the same as spirit here, however, this new bubba has an killrate suggesting that he is now in a perfect state (his playrate doesn't increase drastically, only his kill rate)

The doctor

He has a high kill rate and play rate in all ranks, however, this changes drastically in the red ranks, dropping from 7.5% to 5.69%, while his kill rate increases from 60.33% to 74.16%, almost balancing out as averaging 3 kills per game. He will need a change according to these stats for red ranks but he won't as all ranks suggests that he has a much lower kill rate overall, meaning he is staying the same

Freddy

High killrate in both all ranks and red ranks, low playrate in all ranks and medium in red ranks.

Freddy will need a small nerf with some add-ons being changed, however this should only be in test form until further notice

Oh my god I actually spent an actual hour typing


Deathslinger's nerf totally ruined this killer in every single way


he lost 1.02% pick rate in all ranks and we can't tell how much he lost in high mmr but we can assume it's quite big as well, 1.02% pick rate drop in all ranks when it was 3.57% is MASSIVE.

He was the fifth most picked killer in high ranks with an average kill rate of 54.74% in all ranks and 65.81% in red ranks, now it is in all mmr 53.67%, he was also the fifth killer with the lowest kill rate in red ranks.


These nerfs ruined him and we barely see him anymore, I miss playing as and against deathslinger...now when by miracle I see one I call easy game when before he was a real threat.

Comments

  • @CyberDragoon656 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2765523#Comment_2765523

    I'm not saying he's the worst killer all around to me that honor goes to legion for a bad base kit and twins for damn near everything (bugs, base kit nerfs, add on nerfs) however, for ranged killers he is the worst or at least tied for worst with clown, think about it like this.

    Huntress has 5 hatchets as base and has no length restrictions even with the wind up speed and has some good add ons as well such as increasing the amount of hatchets, decreasing wind up time and the ability to one shot survivors without a range restriction. The main drawbacks are her lullaby and the fact her hatchets arc without an indicator on how they work making it a little hard for people to judge her hatchets at first.

    Plague is slow and as for her bile's hitbox I swear is borked however that same bile can be used to down and force survivors to go to fountains to cleanse themselves and her add ons are hit and miss but being able to have corruption with each finished gen isn't a bad thing.

    For clown like I said he's tied for the worst ranged killer now his only good add on is nerfed and doesn't have much in terms of base kit. If he didn't have pop he wouldn't be worth the time, shard or money at all. (Before anyone says it the shrine is unreliable)

    For Trickster I will admit I don't have much time on but from what I have heard while he is a worse huntress his add ons and base kit are quicker than and more versatile than slingers right now and even with the fact his knives take more time they take more time to get rid of over and doesn't need a specific requirement much like slingers chain.

    PH while not really a range killer does at least have the option to stretch the length of his m2

    Artist is much like Trickster for me I don't have much time on but the fact that the crows can work both as an attack and detection makes her more viable than slinger.

    TBH I wish I couldn't ######### on slinger since he was the reason I gave dbd a second chance but ATM between the bad base kit, over reliance of specific perks, slow as molasses speed and no stealth options for a character that was billed as a bounty hunter, having add ons that are only good in specific setups such as any of his chain breaks and the gold creek whiskey. His Iridescent add ons are a joke since one is only effected at a specific range which now is unreliant thanks to the slow aim, and his other is only good for detection while someone is speared its hard not to say he is one of the worst now. People bitched about a problem with his aim but much like most noticable killer nerfs now they gut them with no repercussions or compensation and only jury rig it or make a newer dlc killer do their job but better.

    Sorry, I meant to say "worst ranged killer" not "worst killer". While people are upset about his nerf, I doubt anyone's trying to claim he's the worst killer when killers like Legion, Trapper and Pig exist.

    Huntess can instadown without range restrictions yeah, but she has to reload at a locker after each and every individual shot, which loses you a lot more time than a Deathslinger reload. Im not here to trash Huntress though, I honestly believe that base kit, she is the strongest ranged killer in the game. I just think reloading is one thing that Deathslinger does better than her.

    Plague, I'll admit I have a very hard time judging how strong she is. She's a killer I want to be good with, but I'm just not. I have a hard time judging just how much time I should invest getting people to full infection.

    I don't even consider clown a ranged killer at all tbh. He throws projectiles sure, but he still has to close the gap between him and his target before he can deal any damage. Clown is a simple killer, but one with a deceptively high skill ceiling. Not super high, just higher than some people may realize.

    The one thing Trickster excells at compared to everyone else is damage states. He's definitely not more versatile than Deathslinger though. Since his damage is incremental, youre also a lot more likely to spend too much time on a chase you should really just drop. I kinda see him as a Huntress alternative for newer players, since missing with him is more forgiving. Id still chose huntress over him any day though.

    Pinhead I generally cant stand, as he's one of the only killers in the game where repeated succesful use of his power very well could accomplish absolutely nothing.

    Artist is a very difficult killer to use effectively at times. Most survivors I go against know not to loop her when I place a crow down, so in most cases that short range may as well not exist. That means I have to do the ranged double hits, which requires damn near perfect timing with how quickly crows are dispelled.

    Deathslinger definitely feels slower than before due to his ADS speed nerd, but compared to other ranged killers, its not bad at all. Its definitely faster than Huntress' windup, and about on par with Tricksters knives, and probably Plague too. His iri addon can be hard to get good use out of, but it feels immensely rewarding when you do, because you essentially have to try and predict where a survivor is going. And if you do that succesfully, it feels fantastic. Tbh I wish that's what they did with Huntress's iridescent heads as opposed to limiting you to one hatchet.

  • @Chordyceps said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2765822#Comment_2765822

    I think Deathslinger is still much more versatile than Trickster. While Deathslinger has to reload after every shot, he can do it at any time, which means he can reload without breaking the flow of chase. You moving slowly while reloading will have survivors gaining much less ground on you than being completely stationary at a locker for a few seconds. And sometimes there isn't even a locker nearby and you need to go out of your way to find one.

    Deathslinger can also drop chases easier, which is an important thing to know to do. If youve spent too much time in a chase, you can just leave. Trickster youre much more likely to go "well I've almost got them to full laceration, I should see if I can get them the rest of the way there" wasting even more time with nothing to show for it.

    Deathslinger also benefits from M1 perks like STBFL and any exposure perks way better than Trickster since his ranged attacks are technically M1 attacks if youve managed to reel them in all the way. Starstruck, Tricksters own perk, is better on Deathslinger than Trickster.

    Deathslinger can also do hit and runs better than Trickster because his redeemer inflicts deep wound. While deep wound isnt the most lethal status effect, its pretty good at wasting people's time.

    If you've got someone who's almost completed a hook state, and someones coming for the rescue, Deathslinger also handles that situation way better. Trickster would have to play chicken with the unhook, which he's likely to lose thanks to hit validation. Deathslinger can just shoot them and hold them there until the hook stage is completed before hitting them.

    I think all these things give him an edge over Trickster.

    okay listen I gave it a few tries, yes it takes times to get used to AND because quick scope is gone it takes away few possibilities to end chases quickly, but if you can telegraph well, you can still land shots, but it is more complicated because of teh extra time ti takes for you to shot and them to react to the shot, the 32M TR is mega overkill and M&A will never ever be away from my build with him, it will always be the most important perk for him, second is stbfl.

    so yes I did had some fun, if you get used to it you can still kinda enjoy it, even tho you often feel like, if only I could quick scope...moments, but he's not that terrible, but I still think the nerfs were overkill and I wish they would revert them, his nerfs remain a pain in the ass.

  • @cutiekiller said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2766529#Comment_2766529

    okay listen I gave it a few tries, yes it takes times to get used to AND because quick scope is gone it takes away few possibilities to end chases quickly, but if you can telegeraph well, you can still land shots, but it is more complicated because of teh extra time ti takes for you to shot and them to react to the shot, the 32M TR is mega overkill and M&A will never ever be away from my build with him, it will always be the most important perk for him, second is stbfl.

    so yes I did had some fun, if you get used to it you can still kinda enjoy it, even tho you often feel like, if only I could quick scope...moments, but he's not that terrible, but I still think the nerfs were overkill and I wish they would revert them, his nerfs remain a pain in the ass.

    I'm glad you're coming around on this one. One thing I can definitely agree with you on is that the TR nerf was entirely unnecessary, and that I wish they would revert. It didnt make a whole lot of sense to me to give a bigger TR to the only ranged killer with a max range on his projectile.

  • i can understand though i disagree with the nerf in quickscope but the nerf in terror radious was BS. Pure bs, if slinger can shoot and reel you in outside his terror radious, you can see him, its not like huntress where she can snipe you over the map with bbq or some #########. and then, these shots are not easy, which maps can you think that an 18 meter shot, without any obstacles for the survivor to break free is possible? Maybe Midwich and Haddonfield, and maybe rotten fields but thats it

  • @Chordyceps said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2766565#Comment_2766565

    I'm glad you're coming around on this one. One thing I can definitely agree with you on is that the TR nerf was entirely unnecessary, and that I wish they would revert. It didnt make a whole lot of sense to me to give a bigger TR to the only ranged killer with a max range on his projectile.

    many decisions doesn't make sense, like twins nerf.........

  • @cutiekiller said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2766575#Comment_2766575

    many decisions doesn't make sense, like twins nerf.........

    Yeah, that one I didnt really understand at all. They're already kinda janky.

  • He is absolutely horrid to play and now his 1v1 is mediocre at best, he has nothing going for him at all. I used to main him, ive played him twice since the nerf, once immediately after to see if it was as bad as it seemed (It was) and again today to see if I was remembering how bad he was correctly and it wasn't just post patch hyperbole (I was).

    He was always relatively weak in my eyes (his 1v1 was great sure but his low movement speed meant just gen rushing him was pretty much a guaranteed win for a coordinated group). Now he is even weaker and horrible to play to boot.

  • @Chordyceps said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2766002#Comment_2766002

    Sorry, I meant to say "worst ranged killer" not "worst killer". While people are upset about his nerf, I doubt anyone's trying to claim he's the worst killer when killers like Legion, Trapper and Pig exist.

    Huntess can instadown without range restrictions yeah, but she has to reload at a locker after each and every individual shot, which loses you a lot more time than a Deathslinger reload. Im not here to trash Huntress though, I honestly believe that base kit, she is the strongest ranged killer in the game. I just think reloading is one thing that Deathslinger does better than her.

    Plague, I'll admit I have a very hard time judging how strong she is. She's a killer I want to be good with, but I'm just not. I have a hard time judging just how much time I should invest getting people to full infection.

    I don't even consider clown a ranged killer at all tbh. He throws projectiles sure, but he still has to close the gap between him and his target before he can deal any damage. Clown is a simple killer, but one with a deceptively high skill ceiling. Not super high, just higher than some people may realize.

    The one thing Trickster excells at compared to everyone else is damage states. He's definitely not more versatile than Deathslinger though. Since his damage is incremental, youre also a lot more likely to spend too much time on a chase you should really just drop. I kinda see him as a Huntress alternative for newer players, since missing with him is more forgiving. Id still chose huntress over him any day though.

    Pinhead I generally cant stand, as he's one of the only killers in the game where repeated succesful use of his power very well could accomplish absolutely nothing.

    Artist is a very difficult killer to use effectively at times. Most survivors I go against know not to loop her when I place a crow down, so in most cases that short range may as well not exist. That means I have to do the ranged double hits, which requires damn near perfect timing with how quickly crows are dispelled.

    Deathslinger definitely feels slower than before due to his ADS speed nerd, but compared to other ranged killers, its not bad at all. Its definitely faster than Huntress' windup, and about on par with Tricksters knives, and probably Plague too. His iri addon can be hard to get good use out of, but it feels immensely rewarding when you do, because you essentially have to try and predict where a survivor is going. And if you do that succesfully, it feels fantastic. Tbh I wish that's what they did with Huntress's iridescent heads as opposed to limiting you to one hatchet.

    First I have to correct 2 things first I do consider clown a range killer since his m2 is all about bottle placement and some scenarios are make or break by those bottles, secondly the ph I was referencing was not pinhead but pyramid head since his m2 range attack has options that slinger should have such as making the spear's length longer or the shots are fired quicker relating to the cool down reduction perks the executioner has.

    Also the comparisons to the ranged killers you have shown make sense but are missing the a few points I'm making Huntress's hatchets do have a wind up but at base its not a one shot reload and for the most part Huntress is better at speed when it comes from action A to Acton B both thanks to having more chances to hit someone and the shots aren't hit and miss chances like slingers shots

    For Trickster it's the same thing while his power sucks compared to Huntress its still faster than slingers and I haven't really timed it but for the most part his knife hits last longer than slingers mend

    Plague much like Trickster has an effect that last longer than slingers chainanf has the added benefit of also having a state of her ability that can easily hit more than one if the pieces are in order

    Also I have to admit I can't agree with any iri add on both being worse than lower grade counter parts and having a range restriction because it devalues the BP spent more so than it already is and for the restrictions most of the time they are useless especially in any indoor area such as game,leary and rpd for the most part. The hellshire iron is useless all around as well so you have a very situation add on in the iri coin and a useless detection add on in the iron.

    And remember, as of now unless you have a specific build slinger is not cut out for things everyone else can do but better .

  • yep, thats what happens when you remove everything unique and fun from a character and call it a day.

  • @th3 said:

    Stop using the stats to rationalize an argument. They lack context and even the developers have said it isn’t the full picture.

    A) devs are hypocrites and use stats WAAAAYYYYY to much despite this

    B) they are using the stats to support the argument, it’s a fact slinger is ######### now and these stats prove that he isn’t played as much because of the nerf

  • @Chordyceps said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2765496#Comment_2765496

    "Dead for anyone who played him just to quickscope". That's the thing, if you were playing him just to quickscope, you're ignoring all the other strengths he has. His small hitboxes allow him to hit so really close shots that other killers couldn't make. The fact the he inflicts deep wound slows down survivors cause they have to waste time mending. He can reload anytime so he doesn't need to break the flow of chase to get his power back. If he lands a hit, he also forces people back to his location, meaning survivors don't make as much ground on him. His ability is also the only ranged ability where you can forcibly move survivors to somewhere more advantageous for them. There's also a really cool thing he can do when someone is going for a save against a hooked survivor nearing the first stage. Where most killers would have to play grab mindgames, Deathslinger can shoot them, hold them there until the hooked survivor hits next stage, and THEN hit them. And on the topic of faking shots, he can do it better than both Huntress and Trickster. Huntress takes longer to wind up and put away her hatchets, and the redeemer has a lethality to it that The Tricksters knives just don't have.

    Deathslinger is a surprisingly flexible killer, and I think calling him trash just because one playstyle doesn't work on him anymore is unfair.

    Yeah but in order to do those things you need to hit someone with the spear, something that was made way harder unnecessarily

  • @ThePolice said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2765509#Comment_2765509

    Yeah but in order to do those things you need to hit someone with the spear, something that was made way harder unnecessarily

    TBH it kinda was nescesary. Instascoping had basically no counterplay. Its like how they nerfed Pyramidheads PoTD because it could consistently put survivors in no win scenarios.

  • I like playing as slinger

  • I mean I’m happy about it. Ive always hated slinger and I haven’t played against him since his nerf thankfully because there just wasn’t anything you could do. And when you run a slinger for 3 gens then all his mistakes are instantly reversed because he can press two buttons it’s just a miserable experience

  • Only change I'd like to see would be to bring back his stealth playstyle. Make his TR global because being chased by an aMerican exercising his 2nd Amendment rights is very spooky

  • @Shroompy said:

    wasnt there like, 2 or 3 more killers added since the last time weve received these kind of stats?

    Obviously his pick rate is gonna go down alongside a lot of other killers

    5 more killers have been added since those stats were shown which is obviously going to spread the numbers out a lot more, this is all it is I think.

  • @lauraa said:

    Only change I'd like to see would be to bring back his stealth playstyle. Make his TR global because being chased by an aMerican exercising his 2nd Amendment rights is very spooky

    lmao

  • @Tiufal said:

    Thats what happens if killer lose their easy mode gameplay.

    Devs tend to balance the game to people like you that's why out of 30 characters to choose,only 2 - 3 are "good"

  • @Chordyceps said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2767864#Comment_2767864

    TBH it kinda was nescesary. Instascoping had basically no counterplay. Its like how they nerfed Pyramidheads PoTD because it could consistently put survivors in no win scenarios.

    quickscoping has counterplay like how nurse has counterplay, it’s more if the killer makes a mistake they are heavily punished

  • Being completely unable to do anything, moving super slow and having your vision greatly reduced for up to 3 seconds and needing to wait for your only mobility option to recharge is heavily punishing.

    Being slightly slower for a second or so and then having to reload at your convenience is not heavily punishing.

  • @ThePolice said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2768673#Comment_2768673

    quickscoping has counterplay like how nurse has counterplay, it’s more if the killer makes a mistake they are heavily punished

    You cant compare Nurse to anything at all, Nurse is a Killer who bypasses every mechanic in this game except jukes, its like they got a character from a different game and inserted her into the game without any changes at all, I dont think anything like Nurse would be released today she is a relic from a very VERY different time.

    Deathslinger misses are not very punishing unless you miss many in a row, you miss one or two you are good to go, you miss 6 in the same chase and yes, you are toasted but thats like missing 5 axes with Huntress or vomiting all 44 Trickster knives and getting only 1 health state, there has to be a point where the mistakes pile up and cost you the chase or even the game. Quickscoping lacked counterplay and a real punishment unless you were very bad and missed a lot of shots.

    Its true they didnt fix any of his many weakness like lack of pressure, tracking and efficiendy but quickscoping had to go.

1 2 ›