How does DCing count into SBMM?
By SBMMs account, did I win, or lose? 4k or 0k? Since kills are the only thing that matters in MMR, on which side of the spectrum does DCing side with?
By SBMMs account, did I win, or lose? 4k or 0k? Since kills are the only thing that matters in MMR, on which side of the spectrum does DCing side with?
Read THIS post.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
I'm wondering the answer to this question too. Are they kills, are they escapes, or are they neutrals like hatch?
That’s actually a really good question. Maybe they answer it in the Q&A
Well d/cs don't count as kills for challenges so I wouldn't be surprised if d/c didn't count as a loss.
For MMR the D/C counts as a loss to the survivor and a kill for the killer.
Its only when a survivor takes the hatch that the game treats it as MMR neutral.
Ugh so many Bubbas.
A perkless Bubba at that! I'm just running killers I don't play perkless, for the memes. Can't get tilted if I handicap myself, while feeling smug if I get a 4k. Win win.
From what the devs said a bit back:
The actual numbers that constitute 'later' are unknown.
Considering matches can take <5 minutes at times, having a concrete indicator would certainly help.
it should be something like "once one gen is done and/or 2 minutes have elapsed" or something.
That's surprisingly reasonable and well-thought out, especially the part where survivors don't lose as much MMR when they die if their teammates ragequit. Color me impressed.
IIRC the devs aim for the average game to end by 10 minutes. So presumably 'early' means pre 5 minutes, and 'later' means post 5 minutes.
So if 3 survivors in a SWF BNP 3 gens while one survivor loops the killer all within the first minute of the game, that doesn't stop "early game?" The game is literally half over by then.
Likewise if a nurse manages to slug 3/4 survivors within the first 2 minutes of the game. at that point the only things that can change the outcome are either unbreakable, or at least 1 person getting a 4% (and not going back down instantly)
I, personally, don't trust the devs to make anything more complicated than that considering they apparently worked forever on MMR and it still just turned out to be escapes/kill are the only things that matter.