Undervalued perks
Am I the only one that enjoys underused perks way more than meta perks? Like if I use pop on a gen, meh. It's a lot of value, but doesn't feel as satisfying as getting value out of something like unrelenting. Like if I miss an attack but don't lose a bunch of distance because of unrelenting, it just feels so satisfying. Or when spies from the shadows actually works and you end up catching a survivor you had no idea was near by. It just feels sooo much more satisfying.

Comments
No amount of Distortion Bad posts will convince me to take it off
Right! Or if like I get a good guardian save off, it feels so much nicer than saving with BT imo.
I've been experiencing this a bit more myself, while doing things like Prestiging Myers or going for survivor adepts as a training exercise.
A similar principle is part of why I enjoy playing weak killers. Sure, I might not win, but why would I expect to if I'm picking the weakest killer? But then when I do get that good bottle throw and mindgame into a down, that feels far better on the weakest killer than the equivalent play on Nurse, Spirit, or Blight.
My satisfaction of using perks has nothing to do with their viability. Or more specifically perceived viability. The angrier it makes a survivor, the better. Lightborn and Bamboozle will shatter their very existence and send their souls straight to the Shadow Realm.
Have you tried Fearmonger? That's a nice perk to watch Ttvs react to.
I've been seeing a lot more fear monger here recently when playing survivor, which is nice because it makes things interesting lol.
I also like running builds where I can stack as many debuffs as possible. Like mixing plaything with hook of pain and the third seal. And then addons for broken status or something like that.
It may not win games, but people's reactions when they have 5-6 debuffs on the side of there screens is amazing lol
I will typically run 2 meta and 2 non meta perks in my survivor builds. I'm kinda locked in with DS&BT sorry.
My dad didn’t love me either.
I intentionally prestige my characters mainly to reset their perks and see what I get as I level them up naturally. It forces me to play with loadouts I wouldn't normally think about trying. Also since characters tend to get their starting perks leveled up first, it tends to lend itself to playing perk combos that feel more thematic to those characters (e.g. Hag with a full Hex loadout, Meyers with an Obsession loadout, etc).
Even so, there's definitely a few perks I pretty much never use because of how terrible they are (e.g. Monstrous Shrine, Insidious, Furtive Chase, Beast of Prey)
He loves me, but he is in prison, you see. So I grew up without a male role model which has lead me down a path of toxic masculinity to compensate for my emotional trauma.
SECC. Nothing like a little maximum security to inspire family bonds. 🤔
I thought this topic was going to be about perks that are strong enough to be meta but aren't actually. Like Kindred. or Windows.
Holy hell more solos need to run those perks and it shows.
I actually see quite a few people run those. Not as much as boring DH but it still gets run. I'm talking about perks that no one runs but they can still provide a lot of value that isn't initially seen.
I'd still put windows in that category, since it shows you both when the killer is in a chase nearby (when you see breakable walls break or pallets drop) as well as which loops have been neutralized (said pallet and doorway observations.) Its a perk that was made to help new players learn tiles that ironically gives better players a LOT of information to route with on the fly.
Empathy can give similar information as well, by being able to see when survivors get injured as well as their movement patterns to give an idea on the killer's approximate location at any given time.
my favorite survivor perks are breakdown, after care, we are gonna live forever and detective's hunch lol