Slight Tinkerer buff idea
What if Tinkerer gave 0 TR for the rest of the match after all the gens are powered? What do you guys think?
Edit: Instead of getting a permanent endgame boost, receive a TR drop for x amount of seconds (I think 4 would suffice) after hooking a survivor.
Edit: Instead of getting a permanent endgame boost, receive a TR drop for x amount of seconds (I think 4 would suffice) after hooking a survivor.
Comments
While we're at it let's make NOED last the entire match. And let's also make it not a Hex perk.
Kinda like that bug that got abused ridiculously when the tinkerer change was implemented, sounds not fun, maybe your next suggestion will be better.
Oh wait I forgot, survivor is too hard. DS is used only once per game, so it must be balanced, amirite?
@Nickenzie
@fcc2014
@Orion
@Tsulan
@Wolf74
@HellDescent
What do you guys think?
I don't think it needs it. Tinkerer by itself is already a solid perk. Players who use insidious, would just get it for free at the the end without using a perk slot for it. It would be a big buff for Leatherface and Freddy though.
I was just looking to get it buffed because I've never had Tinkerer affect me in any way. Not even by a Billy or a Nurse.
I think there should be a perk that gives you 0 tr when you hook a survivor, but I think that would be a nice add on for tinkerer.
Tinkerer: Your senses allow you to sneak up to your prey. When a generator is repaired to 75%, see a visual cue in that generator's location while your terror radius is reduced to 0 for 10/15/20 seconds. Every generator will permanently reduce your terror radius by 1/2/3 meters.
The biggest problem with the game is it takes itself way to serious (and so do some of you weirdo #########) killers should be powerful, survivors should be fun. Instead killers and survivors are both chasing balance, meanwhile this game gets less exciting and dynanic with each set of changes. You aren't really rewarded for playing imaginatively on killer side past the point of deciding whether you want to defend a totem or not. It just becomes the same thing with a few superficial changes.
Imagine if each killer was ACTUALLY unique instead of maybe two or 3. Imagine if killers didn't even attack in the same way. Only the huntress, hillbilly, and leatherface can attack a survivor in a different way than a normal smack.
The all gens powered phase should be intense. This would also be a huge buff to NOED, Remember Me and Blood Warden.
I'm all in on this one.
75% would help survivors too a little. You'd know EXACTLY when Tinkerer kicks in: the moment the fourth piston starts moving, unlike now, you have to just guess.
What if instead Tinkerer would proc from the exit gates? Granted you'd have 5 seconds or so to reach the gates but still. It could offer some uses and be a small buff to the perk.
I'm not against Tinkerer being permanent for end game but I don't really feel like arguing over it based on the existence of NOED which would already be a weak loadout for the majority of the game.
I am in agreement with this idea. It's not too drastic and to really have a big effect gens need to get completed.
It would be more for intercepting survivors running for the gate but at the same time I can't really imagine using the perk unless you're playing someone with a 1 hit down. At that point does the TR even matter? In most cases not really. The perk is also kind of weak vs SWF currently anyway because they can just say your TR disappeared if they see you.
Either way I like Nick's idea.
"Tinkerer" "weak perk"
For the record I'm Rank 3 Killer right now so don't call me an "entitled Survivor main." Though I know that means absolutely nothing since Rank 20 Killers can go around pretending to be Rank 1 and make suggestions like giving Killers permanent Jumpscare Myers along with NOED.
If the perk's not working for you here's an idea: try using it more effectively. Don't run it on Killers who literally scream their location to the Survivors and try to actually be stealthy with a stealth perk.
Probably not a popular opinion but if a killer burns a spot for tinkerer make it powerful. Zero terror radius after the first generator for the rest of the game. It adds the scare factor back in the game. It was a bug awhile back and i enjoyed playing against it and would love to be able to play with it as killer. What would be so bad about making it one of the meta perks in the game?
I saw it and it would be a good buff to the perk. I'd like the jump scares back and to make it so survivors are not comfortable. Most killers would greatly benefit from this and would improve the fun factor of playing killer.