More Counters Against Killers
I want to start this off by saying that I understand that the Killers should have some advantage, considering that 4 people are working against him. Although I believe that to be true, I think there should be some changes to survivors. After I got "Moried" the other day I really got to thinking about some of the things that Survivors could benefit from. I would like to propose a few ideas, in hopes that some of the devs' read them or even other DBD fans like me start adding suggestions as well.
I believe that Survivors would benefit from having an option to spend a good chunk of Blood Points or Shards in order to buy Barrowed Time (maybe at a lesser power than what Bill runs at level 3) in order to run it in addition to the other four perks that are chosen. If a player would then choose to run Borrowed Time from the unlockable option regarding Bill, they would not be able to run the lesser Borrowed Time. Additionally, I think Survivors would benefit from a subtle change to Laurie Strodes' perk Decisive Strike. I think Decisive Strike is very beneficial already, but I think it could be more beneficial if it was a last-ditch effort to escape while on death hook. To elaborate, at level three, I think there should be no limit to the seconds it is active, but I think it should only be able to be used after your second hook. Since it would only be used after your second hook, I do not think anything should deactivate it, BUT it should only be able to be used once, maybe twice as that last ditch effort of getting away, similar to Bills' unbreakable perk. Lastly, I would like to propose another option to make the game a little more involving. This is going to be quite a stretch, but I think it would help. I would like to see some sort of voting option while in the lobby of a game, during this vote, Survivors could vote on a Killer or a Killer perk to be disabled for the game (The killer would then either have to choose a new Killer or Choose a different perk). This would help players who have been getting frustrated by a particular Killer a few games in a row feel more in control of the game they are getting themselves into. To level the playing field, Killers could also disable a perk from the Survivors. Aside from those three suggestions I have not thought about much else.
I think those three changes could help retain new and old players alike and make the game more enjoyable for all. I want to thank you for taking the time to read this and I look forward to everyone's friendly responses.
Happy Surviving and Killing,
Rage1Alpha
Comments
Makes account today. Makes first thread trying to make completely OP changes to Survivors sound reasonable.
Nice bait mate.
killers don't need more nerfs right now. Unless you really just want to alienate the killer base and make survivor queues longer.
Eh. I only play B-D tier killers. Survivors aren't voting away clown and I only run off meta perks, so disable away. I'd honestly take it to not deal with four dead hards every game.
I would like to note that I can't make anything because I am not a developer, these are actually just my opinions and suggestions of things I would like to see, along with a few other people. I respect everyones opinion, thanks again for reading! I am excited to read actual arguments on why my suggestions might be a bad idea!
1. Extra BT.
No. Why should survivors, who already enjoy a 4 to 1 ratio, and therefore get 16 perks to 4 on the killer side, be given an extra perk for free? If you want BT, take BT. If you aren't willing to take it, you don't get it.
2. DS change. So you want it to be functionally impossible to pick a survivor up after 2 hooks? With no limits to DS after 2nd hook, that's hot garbage. Seriously, why? what actual lore or gameplay reason justifies this immunity? Also, how badly do you want to end literally every game by bleeding out? Because if I know ds will hit me for sure, I'm leaving you on the floor.
3. Lastly you believe that survivors should get to pick what killer the killer gets to choose? Hell no. Killer players aren't npcs for you to use and disregard. Neither side should get to tell the other what they can and can't bring within the game, especially what characters to use. Keep losing to the same killer? The solution isn't to try and ban that killer, it's to learn the counterplay. Why not take a break, or, even better, play as the killer giving you so much trouble. Best way to learn.
Bad bait.
AsherFrost,
Great feedback, honestly. These are good points, I was suggesting the BT change to counter some of the Killers who camp on hook, I really enjoy using BT to help my teammates, but it sucks when not everyone runs it and I or even other teammates suffer from it. I see where you come from though.
I don't think the DS change is such a stretch just because Bill runs a similar style perk. Okay so what do you think about Survivors having one opportunity to use DS without it being taken away from repairing gens or healing no matter what hook they are on, that way it isnt just being used on death hook, arguably Survivors would still use it only on death hook.
I was suggesting the voting idea based on other games I've played but I understand why that wouldnt work in the current game's setup. Also, I would like to mention that I do play both sides, and I agree, playing Killer is the best way to learn how to counter them. These were just some ideas that I quickly thought of. I really appreciate the reply!
"I don't think the DS change is such a stretch just because Bill runs a similar style perk. Okay so what do you think about Survivors having one opportunity to use DS without it being taken away from repairing gens or healing no matter what hook they are on, that way it isnt just being used on death hook, arguably Survivors would still use it only on death hook."
That's old DS, it was changed due to frequent survivor abuse. It's not likely to be changed back.
While we are at it, adding 2 more perk slot to killers would greatly benefit the tense of the game.
Would be exciting, definitely!
I would love to try to explain to you why unlimited timer DS is broken and why banning killers and killer perks is stupidly one-sided, but I don't have it in me. No offense, but your understanding of the balancing of this game is lacking, and you are obviously only worried about survivors
oh word, good info, I should have done some more research for sure. I appreciate that!
Thank you! Great feedback. I already knew I understood very little about game balancing, that's one of the reasons I came to the forums and created this post.
Yeah welcome to the forums.
Have a take people don’t like and it’s immediately bait.
It's cool. With a game that's been live for as long as DbD there are actually a tons of things like that which have been adjusted all over the place.
Less counters all around;
Drawn out 1v1 kills the engagement for everyone else and eats the time needed for the 1v4
You seem nice, so I'll put it short. Unlimited DS is literally just a 4th hook state for survs, and SWFs will abuse it by tricking or forcing you into eating it so the rest of the team can get away and you're back to square 1. Banning killers will just mean you almost never see Bubba, Nurse, or Blight. This game js not balanced enough to ban anything other than maps, and seeing as how they're almost all balanced or survivor sided, this should really be a killer feature if anything.
Bait
Don t you thing that some loops is a counter enougth ? I will not even mention the hole perks that you have to counter some powerful killers...
I never called it bait
Look at all the other replies though.