Why are survs so boring today?

Just had few games that were almost same. Tournament style play. I've never seen this style so often before the event. There is nothing going on: no flashlight rescue attempt, no bodyblocks, just the boring Shift+W.

They don't loop, just run in straight line and predrop pallets.

They don't heal, just sit on gens, even when they are together and could easily heal each other.

They don't even rescue sometimes, gens before friends.

Comments

  • @Sluzzy said:

    If killers, slowdown perks were nerfed, teams would not be forced to play in such a manner.

    With oppressive Blights, camping, and tunneling being a huge meta, there is not even a second to waste.

    It is bad when I second guess whether to check a chest. Not even time to do that.

    That sounds like a you problem, Sluzzy. A true deadweight survivor never questions whether it is worth opening a chest. We just do it. Mmr changed you, made you better. But me? I prefer the magic, that chest is getting opened regardless of whether there are 3 on hook or not. I have to know what is inside...

  • @tester said:

    Just had few games that were almost same. Tournament style play. I've never seen this style so often before the event. There is nothing going on: no flashlight rescue attempt, no bodyblocks, just the boring Shift+W.

    They don't loop, just run in straight line and predrop pallets.

    They don't heal, just sit on gens, even when they are together and could easily heal each other.

    They don't even rescue sometimes, gens before friends.

    just had a game where one Random disconnected 1 minute into the game while working on a gen. Got 1 gen done. Took trickster for a chase and got hooked. Then the Yun Jin lee unhooks me and I go down immediately because no borrowed time as the killer was right behind her. Then mikela unhooks me and again I go down because he decided to be a try hard an just get me out of the game. Again one guy already disconnected due to internet and Ik because he wasn’t being chased or anything. So we are already at a disadvantage and the killer still tunnels. That’s boring. And both sides are guilty of it. Am I wrong? And this was in solo que so it makes it worse

  • @deKlaw_04 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/305277/why-are-survs-so-boring-today

    just had a game where one Random disconnected 1 minute into the game while working on a gen. Got 1 gen done. Took trickster for a chase and got hooked. Then the Yun Jin lee unhooks me and I go down immediately because no borrowed time as the killer was right behind her. Then mikela unhooks me and again I go down because he decided to be a try hard an just get me out of the game. Again one guy already disconnected due to internet and Ik because he wasn’t being chased or anything. So we are already at a disadvantage and the killer still tunnels. That’s boring. And both sides are guilty of it. Am I wrong? And this was in solo que so it makes it worse

    He probably just wanted the game to end. Once I am in those situations, I feel bad and my only choices are to end the game fast or just let the remaining 2 finish gens because they got cucked. I am a really nice killer, contrary to the belief of many, at least to survivors who are chill and or victims of their teammates. I could see why some do not have the patience of a Buddhist monk, however, please forgive them deKlaw. Not all tunneling killers are horrible people who kick puppy. I mean, I am one of those types myself. Damned puppies!

  • @Sluzzy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2752371#Comment_2752371

    With how strong killers are and the meta, there is no way to do 5 gens and 5 totems. It's literally impossible. It's a miracle to get the main objective done.

    Over my last 175 or so survivor matches -- some solo, the majority as a 2-person SWF duo -- I'm escaping around 55-60% of my matches. Some of those have even actually been against the dreaded meta Blight build you rail against regularly.

    I think you might want to look at a redefinition of what the word "miracle" means.

  • As I mentioned in another thread, in a number of my matches yesterday, survivors were sandbagging each other at an alarming rate. I gave multiple mercy hatches/doors to survivors getting hosed over by their teammates who were simply out there trolling.

    My only match I bothered to bring an Anniversary cake as killer, I played super-fair as Billy on The Game to get a daily done -- and was rewarded with a teabagging Meg who wouldn't leave until she made sure I could see her BM'ing at the gate, too ignorant to realize her extra BP was from the cake I brought (and that was that for cakes, lol).

    Two survivor rounds for a daily -- one an easy 4-person escape against a Ghostface, the other a disaster where a Huntress got their first hook and camped their hook in the basement.

    So, yeah -- this event could be going better. But sadly, it's pretty par for the course when there's special events going on.

  • @ThiccBudhha said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2752536#Comment_2752536

    He probably just wanted the game to end. Once I am in those situations, I feel bad and my only choices are to end the game fast or just let the remaining 2 finish gens because they got cucked. I am a really nice killer, contrary to the belief of many, at least to survivors who are chill and or victims of their teammates. I could see why some do not have the patience of a Buddhist monk, however, please forgive them deKlaw. Not all tunneling killers are horrible people who kick puppy. I mean, I am one of those types myself. Damned puppies!

    You know what. Screw everything I just said. 1. Your right. And most importantly 2. I just played against a bubba. And he killer everyone and we found hatch together. Then he closed it and let me get the gate I even open a chest to give him an item. maybe it was you in disguise lmao

  • @Saitamfed said:

    I don't understand it either, the fun of the game is basically interacting with the killer or mates. As a survivor I like to run from tile to tile, that makes me prone to go down, but the idea is to go down eventually. So yes, I could make the killer chase me for 10 min straight until every generator is powered but what's the fun in that? It seems that everyone plays the most "efficient" way but forget about the fun aspect.

    I'm same. Fully agree with you here. It feels like some people put winning above having fun. Why would anyone other than streamers that get paid for being "good" and winning do that? I stopped watching those tryhards. Otzdarva is mostly fun because he is "let's try this fun build", instead of "let's stack those 3 gen slowdowns". And on survivor side, I want to watch "strong loop build" instead of "strong genrush build"

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VkFbpq7jlqY


  • image.png

    Well, Im trying to have fun...

    Tunneler Wraith with Noed

  • people always sweat during events. survivors are getting their fair share of it too, i promise u.

    it sucks too because theres practically no reason to do it for anything other than like a couple thousand more bp.

  • @C3Tooth said:

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/OPWDHOD8KQG0/image.png

    Well, Im trying to have fun...

    Tunneler Wraith with Noed

    I feel bad for that killer, why on earth is he using Wraith?

  • @Sludge said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2752810#Comment_2752810

    I feel bad for that killer, why on earth is he using Wraith?

    Probably for the daily. It is the only reason I play him and I actually play him a lot because that challenge is obsessed with me.

  • @Sluzzy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2752371#Comment_2752371

    With how strong killers are and the meta, there is no way to do 5 gens and 5 totems. It's literally impossible. It's a miracle to get the main objective done.

    I'm seeing a lot of miracles then. Like 3 gens completed by the first hook.

  • They should really make a gens before friends t-shirt. I'd buy that.

  • @ThiccBudhha said:

    To be fair, they are probably running into killers like me, so you know, now they are all on edge and ready to deal with a tournament style killer.

    Says the guy a month ago complaining about the Snowmen.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2751927#Comment_2751927

    Does it though? I've had games where I've had little interaction with the killer (just did gens and bones only) and I get bugger all points compared to my teammates who have had a lot of interaction with the killer.

    I'm talking about MMR wise, which is one of the reasons why I think MMR doesn't even work.

  • @Sludge said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2752810#Comment_2752810

    I feel bad for that killer, why on earth is he using Wraith?

    wraith is so bad in the coh meta lol

  • @Sepex said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2751731#Comment_2751731

    Says the guy a month ago complaining about the Snowmen.

    What? I loved the snowmen, you have me confused with someone else.

1 2 ›