Why is DC penalty on
if the game STILL can crash or kick you to the main menu with no apparent reason? I don't know any other development team in existence that punish the players for EXPERIENCING bugs! You get punished for being the victim of a broken game, by the broken game! How is it even comprehensible?
Comments
Because no DC penalty = no game. People will leave for no reason.
Also: As this is not being mass-reported; it's less 'the game' (Or it would be happening to everyone) and more 'Your PC'. Why not post your specs? See if maybe there's a problem? Or try updating your video card?
But sure; complain about the DC penalty instead.
Every time the DC penalty is turned off the amount of people quitting goes up. It happens every, single, time. The only people who are really upset about the DC penalty are the ones the DC penalty was made for in the first place.
What do specs have to do with it? I've played this game for 3 years, and I can clearly see when it's "my PC", and when it's the "perfectly implemented game without a single flaw". But sure, blame the victim here, what a discerning person you are. It's not like the game, especially this game, can be bugged, can crash on its own, right? And it's not like punishing people for experiencing, not using but EXPERIENCING game-breaking bugs themselves could be wrong, right? The game crashed on you, ruining your experience? Tough luck, take your DC penalty to make it up for you, have a nice day! Show me any other game where this is even possible.
I can count on one hand the number of times I've been disconnected, and I've never had the game actually crash. Most people don't crash out all the time, if you do it's probably like the poster said, you should look up your specs and post them in the tech support section and see if maybe there's a driver you should update.
The game kicked me into the main menu with "unknown error" or whatever, still can be considered as "crash" even if it wasn't to the desktop.
It's not "constantly" crashing, don't put your words into my mouth please. It happened once for today and it's enough to ruin it and piss me off for the whole day, since beside the crash I also get undeserved penalty. Double hit by BHVR. But yeah, in your opinion whoever gets DC penalty - 100% deserves it, this game is flawless and contains no errors in the code, I'm not even going to start arguing with this position. What surprises me is the uniqueness of the game in this regard and the uniqueness of the community of people who see no problem in handing out undeserved bans because of technical issues within the game.
All you're doing is attacking people and ranting. No one said the game is flawless but it's clear talking to you is a waste of time. Good night.
Because then the game is unplayable for everyone.
Well it's just too bad. I'd rather have a few random DC's then just no DC penalty. I had a game crash yesterday when I was literally in the process of finishing up a 4k so 3 people got out for free. But I didn't cry about it, in fact the survivors went and talked smack on my steam profile because they were so salty they were about to lose!
The game is legit unplayable without that penalty. Whenever it is off, I stop using all add-ons, offerings, and items because the DCs come in so fast and trivially that it's not worth using a single bloodpoint on any of those games.
Forgive me, I assumed since you were obviously so angry and capitalized "STILL" that you were upset because it happens often. Apparently though you're going on about a 5 minute ban because, what, you got disconnected from the server or something? And then you complain about me "putting words in your mouth" and make up a total strawman about what I said, namely that if you're actually experiencing multiple disconnections it's probably something to do with your PC or connection and you should look into it.
You clearly said the game crashing was my PC's fault and by no means due to the game, implying the ban was deserved, and then stating plainly I have no right to complain, all in an aggressive way. Excuse me, but if anything I have the complete right to complain about such nonsense.
I said it was more likely your PC because, if it was just a flaw in the code, literally everyone would be crashing.
And, using logic, I know that PCs have as many different parts as there are PC users.
So, still using logic, that would imply that perhaps something is your build was overlooked, or having an issue with the game. Such as out of date video card drivers.
But instead you went all ree about how I'm victim blaming you and saying the game is flawless. Neither of which I said.
I have crashed exactly TWICE in 1000 hours of gameplay. I do not know where this bug is coming from.
People still leave for no reason so it didn't really help much tbh, maybe instead of a bandaid fix they should work on the problems that make people DC like cheating
I think the ban is in place to torture people like you and I.
I'm half-joking but seriously, I did what everyone said, I "fixed" my internet, and I'm still getting dc penalties from getting disconnected from the host, which im told is actually an Xbox problem. So I've tried every solution Xbox has given me (there have been multiple) and yet I'm still getting disconnected and therefore penalized. I'm up to six hours right now. I've stopped complaining (except for now). But yeah, something definitely needs to be tweaked with the penalties when it comes to technical issues.
People DC way more when it's off. Players report as such, and the devs have confirmed it with their internal stats.
Overwatch
Rocket league
Smite
Smash
Halo
Street Fighter.
I could go on.