'Just Play Normally'. Am I Missing Something?

Woof, tough night. Really just trying to have fun with Scratched and Vanity Mirror Myers, actually getting pretty decent on them - but wow, do people not seem to like this playstyle (especially Scratched).

DCs the second I start getting hooks, endless teabags if someone gets away and of course, several variations on 'just play the game normally'.

Survivors...I'm not sure what you want from me here? More Nurse, Blight and Huntress? Tombstone and Lock Myers?

What exactly does 'normally' mean?

Comments

  • I love playing against that Myers build because it’s such a difference from normal play but, yeah, I see a lot of survivors DC on it. It used to stress me out a couple of years ago. I hardly see it used anymore though.

  • If you play Huntress/Blight/Nurse/Bubba and Ruin/Undying/Tinkerer/Pain Res/Pop/BBQ/Corrupt/NOED, they yell at you for using meta. If you use anything else, they tell you to knock it off and use the meta.

    People will find reasons to dislike anything you do, so you might as well do what you want. Personally, I think Scratched Mirror is some of the most fun and engaging stuff in DBD and I cherish each spooky Myers I get.

  • @StarLost said:

    Woof, tough night. Really just trying to have fun with Scratched and Vanity Mirror Myers, actually getting pretty decent on them - but wow, do people not seem to like this playstyle (especially Scratched).

    DCs the second I start getting hooks, endless teabags if someone gets away and of course, several variations on 'just play the game normally'.

    Survivors...I'm not sure what you want from me here? More Nurse, Blight and Huntress? Tombstone and Lock Myers?

    What exactly does 'normally' mean?

    Basically "Play in a manner I enjoy and can escape more easily without having to change my normal tactics"

    One more reason to love playing on consoles (or the only reason but still, it's a damn good one)

  • This is true... on so many level's

  • Some people just don't like it. Not really much more to it.

  • @Laluzi said:

    If you play Huntress/Blight/Nurse/Bubba and Ruin/Undying/Tinkerer/Pain Res/Pop/BBQ/Corrupt/NOED, they yell at you for using meta. If you use anything else, they tell you to knock it off and use the meta.

    People will find reasons to dislike anything you do, so you might as well do what you want. Personally, I think Scratched Mirror is some of the most fun and engaging stuff in DBD and I cherish each spooky Myers I get.

    Yup.

    I swear, about half my frustrations with killer at present spin out of the way survivors act. It's...oddly dehumanizing at times.

  • Tombstone is the most BORING add-on to play against!

  • @StarLost said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2740305#Comment_2740305

    Yup.

    I swear, about half my frustrations with killer at present spin out of the way survivors act. It's...oddly dehumanizing at times.

    Yeah I get where you are coming from here.

    Its a great game let down by a truely abysmal community.

  • I think by "normally" they meant "play normal Myers not a whole different playstyle".


    But they would complain no matter what don't let it bother you.

    Like I really dislike Myers, including mirror Myers, but I've never wrote anything to anyone about it in post game. They'd probably complain if you killed them with no add-on clown.

  • As a survivor, I prefer if you just stand there and look pretty. Makes my job much easier.

  • I actually like going against Mikey, in all his forms.

  • "Just play normally" is Survivor code for "Play the way I want you to, cause that is what I find fun."

  • @StarLost said:

    Woof, tough night. Really just trying to have fun with Scratched and Vanity Mirror Myers, actually getting pretty decent on them - but wow, do people not seem to like this playstyle (especially Scratched).

    DCs the second I start getting hooks, endless teabags if someone gets away and of course, several variations on 'just play the game normally'.

    Survivors...I'm not sure what you want from me here? More Nurse, Blight and Huntress? Tombstone and Lock Myers?

    What exactly does 'normally' mean?

    First rule: never listen to what survivors tell you in endgame chat.

  • You are such a selfish killer main, next time you should ask permission before playing any build 🙃

  • I guess normally means keeping tabs on everyone.

    Make sure they've all stunned you a couple of times.

    If you hook survivor #1, then #2 and #3. Don't, for the love of God, hook #2 before finding number #4.

    How dare you not keep the order? Lol


    What I'm trying to say is: there is no "normal playing". There are so many perks and builds for different outcomes and you play against 4 survivors that have their own objectives in mind, not always the same.


    Do whatever you want and be happy, my friend.

  • I LOVE playing against Jump Scare Myers players. Win or lose, those are some of the most fun games I've ever had as a survivor (and I equally love playing Myers as killer as well that way). They're one of the few times you can actually get scared or startled playing this "horror" game.

    I'll agree with what most people here have said. "Play normally" is another way of saying, "Play the way we want you to so we can win and not have a real challenge". Anyone who deals with chat (I'm on console, so I don't have to worry about it), you have my sympathies if you have it turned on -- it's almost never anything worthwhile from what I can tell, and it's a "feature" that, if BHVR wanted to cut down on toxicity in the community, should just be eliminated at this point.

  • @StarLost said:

    Woof, tough night. Really just trying to have fun with Scratched and Vanity Mirror Myers, actually getting pretty decent on them - but wow, do people not seem to like this playstyle (especially Scratched).

    DCs the second I start getting hooks, endless teabags if someone gets away and of course, several variations on 'just play the game normally'.

    Survivors...I'm not sure what you want from me here? More Nurse, Blight and Huntress? Tombstone and Lock Myers?

    What exactly does 'normally' mean?

    Good survivors like it....He is stuck in tier 1 (slow as ######### and no lunge) and in return gets wallhacks. He can take forever to down you as long as you have your head on a swivel. Unfortunately this build counters the laid back, music playing, texting on phone survivors are used too.

  • Speaking as a really experienced survivor: Scratched Mirror Myers isn't really engaging because there's no danger element to the trial. It can also be frustrating if you know what's going on but your teammates can't figure it out and somehow can't loop a slow killer without a lunge.

    That may be what they meant by "play normally". But more to your point, I think survivors should let killers play their game unless they're going out of their way to grief people (happens more often than people on here think).

  • @StarLost said:

    Woof, tough night. Really just trying to have fun with Scratched and Vanity Mirror Myers, actually getting pretty decent on them - but wow, do people not seem to like this playstyle (especially Scratched).

    DCs the second I start getting hooks, endless teabags if someone gets away and of course, several variations on 'just play the game normally'.

    Survivors...I'm not sure what you want from me here? More Nurse, Blight and Huntress? Tombstone and Lock Myers?

    What exactly does 'normally' mean?

    why is the mirror grounds for being an #########? from what I remember its infinite tier 2 and 1 respectivly but allows you to get more blood points right?