Final PTB notes are out. And we were all right!

Absolutely nothing is being done about boons or CoH. Only mindless killer nerfs. But hey, atleast we have a new way to wiggle. I Guess I will keep the game uninstalled for this midchapter aswell.

Comments

  • Why are people complaining that “nothing has been done” and “I’m going to keep the game uninstalled”?

    We just had the Christmas Period, most of the BHVR team were at home with their families for Christmas, not working on a game. The fact they fixed a lot of stuff with Nurse is amazing seeing as they were probably working on it for only a week or so.

    I know BHVR have done some things that have pissed off the community, but give them a break. They make a game. It’s their game and they decide what to add or change. People always bitching about DBD get’s old. Play the game or don’t, but don’t keep bitching about the devs.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2734260#Comment_2734260

    Hit and run was never viable against a good team. CoH didn't change that. I think CoH is really hurting killers who aren't snuffing the totems. Obviously totems aren't always obvious, but it is always an efficiency gain as a killer to snuff a totem a survivor spent time lighting. I can only speak for myself, but boons haven't been a huge factor in my killer games unless they're in an extremely obtuse spot that also happens to be central in the map.

    Pity the poor territorial killer like Trapper & Hag. By your standards, they'd have to trudge all the way across the map away from their defended area to snuff the boon then trudge back, only to have the boon re-lit 0.00001 nanoseconds (exaggeration...) after they start heading back to their area. What are they expected to do except tunnel and camp like crazy?

  • @Canas said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2733098#Comment_2733098

    Nothing about this patch is healthy to the overall balance of the game as long as CoH is allowed to exist in its current state.

    That is just way too exaggerated.

    CoH is busted and needs nerfs but it is not as bad. This patch is actually pretty great for Game Health.

  • I was really looking forward to legion changes.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    I mean, there exists a possibility that boons aren't overperforming like people think they are.

    This has to be bait.

  • @Terrik said:

    I was really looking forward to legion changes.

    They are still coming. They were never confirmed for this midchapter.

  • I'm one of those idiots who thought that the final patch notes would bring something new and substantial (Ghostface and Legion updates maybe?) just because the devs updates felt severely lacking, but finally the 99% of the changes were already said in the dev updates.

    Never again, the only good thing of this patch is we'll never see nothing worse. I've even seen Twitch streamers I follow who never are too critical toward BHVR very angry with this patch. Seriously W.T.F?

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    I mean, there exists a possibility that boons aren't overperforming like people think they are.

    Define overperforming though. Are we going by statistics? Because we all know how unreliable BHVR's data can be.

  • @Psion said:

    Why are people complaining that “nothing has been done” and “I’m going to keep the game uninstalled”?

    We just had the Christmas Period, most of the BHVR team were at home with their families for Christmas, not working on a game. The fact they fixed a lot of stuff with Nurse is amazing seeing as they were probably working on it for only a week or so.

    I know BHVR have done some things that have pissed off the community, but give them a break. They make a game. It’s their game and they decide what to add or change. People always bitching about DBD get’s old. Play the game or don’t, but don’t keep bitching about the devs.

    The mid-chapter was likely finalized before they left for holiday.

  • yeah changes were so lame. I downloaded and thought we would get new solo queue hud 😕

  • @Aneurysm said:

    Nurse bugfixes and reducing DH rejection effects sounds nice but what is there to actually test, really?

    Nothing really, maybe the few perk and addon changes but they're so minor that it's not even close to worth it.

  • Yeah but they did bring back Pinhead's voice lines so Reddit and Twitter are gonna be happy about the update. Who cares about gameplay anyway, right.

  • @TheMadCat said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2733119#Comment_2733119

    Not ignoring, but who's gonna download the entire game twice to test it?

    More like who will reinstall the game in the first place? 🙃

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2734260#Comment_2734260

    Hit and run was never viable against a good team. CoH didn't change that. I think CoH is really hurting killers who aren't snuffing the totems. Obviously totems aren't always obvious, but it is always an efficiency gain as a killer to snuff a totem a survivor spent time lighting. I can only speak for myself, but boons haven't been a huge factor in my killer games unless they're in an extremely obtuse spot that also happens to be central in the map.

    1 survivor losing time of 3 means nothing or at least nothing in comparison to a killer who is only by himself. Losing time as a killer its more precious and can't be equally compared to survivor. Stomping totems its pointless and should be changed to something more efficient, either that or limit the number of times boons can be re-lit.

  • @Steel_Eyed said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2733119#Comment_2733119

    Yeah, people on here are being a bit dramatic. Lot of good changes in here.

    nothing impactful to change up the game its just a different update same ######### scenario.

  • @Aven_Fallen said:

    Ignoring the Fixes to Nurse (which were asked for A LOT) and the Fixes to the false feedback from Dead Hard (which was also asked a lot)?

    This community...

    With 10k comments on this forum, you should know as well as anyone else that no one here plays Nurse. Of course no one is going to jump for joy at her bug fix--it's a long overdue solution to a problem the Nurse mains have been asking to see for years.

  • Can't wait to actually play the Nurse without all those ######### bugs. People said she feels smooth now.

  • I just wanted to add a small note: They nerfed Clown and buffes Blight.

    This is just top level clowning around when you read it like that. Ignoring everything else (and yes I see some good changes on the PTB too like Nurse and wiggle mechanics as well as quality of life), let it sink in for a moment that this patch in 2022 announced that Clown will get nerfed and Blight will get buffed.

    This implements that Clown is overperforming while Blight is underperforming...

    (Not talking about Twins here because Twins are a good and strong Killer, they just have unfun mechanics.)

  • @Nameless said:

    Calm down. At least we had another Pig nerf. It's been too long, I was almost losing hope that the devs wouldn't keep the Pig nerfs going.

    Didn't Pig only get buffed this patch?

1 2 ›