Why do we only have a chatbox in the least useful portion of the game?
I mean honestly, just give survivors the option to type in chat during the match so there can be some level of communication close to SWF for solo survivors. Why you put in a chat box only during the portion of the game that it is most likely and only useful for bitching at each other is beyond me. If anything you should have in game chat and remove post game chat.
In addition I think some kind of option for survivors to make a noise signal to other survivors would be a good option. Maybe even have it show up to the killer as well. Then the game could finally be balanced around the idea of 4 survivors coordinating with each other and the devs can give up on this "4 strangers trapped in a super spookie realm!" thing.
Say what you want about immersion or atmosphere or whatever, but I think we threw that away when we started putting T shirts with streamer logos and a nurse mask with a panda on it.
Comments
I dont WANT communication. I want the game to stay true to the balance it was created for, solo survivors. This is something the game Hide Or Die hopefully will get right. Communication or buffing solo survivors to be on par with SWF would kill this game for me.
I dont care if they were to buff the Killer in response. It wouldn't be Dead by Daylight anymore. It would be a game that lost its vision because people dont know how to read a store description.
@weirdkid5 I have the same mentality. Unlike other people, I actually enjoy a thorough challenge in games. It seem some survivors just want the win handed to them on a silver platter, but then they make rage threads because the gold trimmed napkin is missing.
Of course, I do cross the line when that nice challenge turns into being violently raped by NOED, Ruin and TotH on 23957 blink Nurse when I am running No Mither without my exhaustion perks...
Nurses in panda masks. The game and community is a memefest and the spookiness is only there for the greenest of players.
The devs made (or should have) that decision when they introduced SWF. You can't have an option for coordinated teams and then say "oh but it's balanced for a ragtag un-coordinated group!" it's one way or the other. Trying to have both is insanity.
I don't care about Nurses in panda masks. You are arguing a completely different point. I'm not arguing from "immersion," I'm arguing from actual game balance. I can be scared of a good Nurse in a panda mask, that is irrelevant to me. Just because you subjectively don't like some of the cosmetics doesn't suddenly mean you can objectively completely overhaul the game.
The devs didn't initially WANT to put in SWF, but because people whined and review bombed because of the aforementioned lack of reading the Steam store description, they shoved it into the game without balancing it because it would have killed the game otherwise.
You CAN have both. It's called having two different modes. A ranked and a casual, plenty of games have at LEAST 2 different game modes no matter their playercount. This would literally solve the problem and I don't understand why the community nor the devs can understand this. If Killers would refuse to play Casual mode, THEN THAT JUST PROVES SWF IS BROKEN. IT NEEDS TO BE BALANCED SEPARATELY AS ITS OWN MODE.
Jesus Christ
The cosmetics don't bother me, I was using it to make a point.
Now onto game balance
So the demand for SWF was so high that were it not implemented the game would die. This is what you are saying. So SWF isn't going anywhere, it's here.
The easiest and best solution is to design the game around 4 people coordinating with each other on some level. Even if a chat system were implemented it doesn't destroy the 4 strangers aspect. There's no reason to expect that 4 strangers locked in a realm with psychic aura reading powers wouldn't AT LEAST be able to communicate with each other in close proximity. Hell give us proximity chat and make full map chat a perk or something.
I'm all for a sound signal (a whistle or somethign similar), I can think of many situations where it could be useful. But chat? Nah... Imo it would break immersion. The beauty of this game is being able to communicate and coordinate with the team without voice nor text. When it happens it feels satisfying.
I suggest you to use Bond if you need better coordination. It's very useful for that because it gives you a lot of informations.