me reading this after eating only junk food for a week
thankfully it’s not poisonous to birds (apart from maybe excessively salty bread). But it’s not particularly nutritious either. Wild birds (all wild animals, really) tend to scarf down whatever they can find, so if they fill themselves with bread they leave little room for the stuff they need to, y’know, survive.
It’s fine occassionally, just remember to give ‘em other stuff like nuts and even fruit as well.
Wildlife rehab that has Nibi the beaver took her to a real pond to let her check it out, because she's so attached to the rescuers she followed them when it was time to head back to the rescue. Since she's so bonded to them they don't think she's releasable and are working with Mass Wildlife to hopefully keep her as educational animal like a groundhog (Stanley) they have that they couldn't release.
Wildlife rehab that has Nibi the beaver took her to a real pond to let her check it out, because she's so attached to the rescuers she followed them when it was time to head back to the rescue. Since she's so bonded to them they don't think she's releasable and are working with Mass Wildlife to hopefully keep her as educational animal like a groundhog (Stanley) they have that they couldn't release.
I've just discovered this post what's going on here?? 😭😭😭
without this thread we would have all gone mad on these forums by now.
welcome to the safe zone, look at cute and/or cuddly animals, and chill before entering the toxic wastelands of us vs them again
OK friend, maybe not the cuddliest thing here, but did you know that some species of bee sometimes sleep in flowers and hold each others' little feets when they do?
I hope you grabbed a pack of the kitty wipes and wiped that kitty down after going under those shelves. It's so gross under the shelves at petshops, I know firsthand after working at a petco 😂
I hope you grabbed a pack of the kitty wipes and wiped that kitty down after going under those shelves. It's so gross under the shelves at petshops, I know firsthand after working at a petco 😂
…uh oh
I didn't really see anything on him when I picked him up to bring him back to the kennel area but I'll have to keep that in mind next walk
Nibi the beaver made national news earlier this month. Long story short the state wildlife officials wanted Nibi released immediately even though she's too habituated to survive in the wild, the state governor stepped in and let the rescue keep Nibi as an educational animal. Rescue is now testing out ways to bring Nibi out to public events.
Nibi happy she gets to stay and be spoiled by rescue 😂
Nibi the beaver made national news earlier this month. Long story short the state wildlife officials wanted Nibi released immediately even though she's too habituated to survive in the wild, the state governor stepped in and let the rescue keep Nibi as an educational animal. Rescue is now testing out ways to bring Nibi out to public events.
Nibi with Jane Newhouse (the woman that started Newhouse Wildlife Rescue) and Massachusetts Governor Maura Healey. Women looking out for eachother, gotta love it.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
The bread is usually demolished by the squirrels at this point. It won't last out there for very long.
thankfully it’s not poisonous to birds (apart from maybe excessively salty bread). But it’s not particularly nutritious either. Wild birds (all wild animals, really) tend to scarf down whatever they can find, so if they fill themselves with bread they leave little room for the stuff they need to, y’know, survive.
It’s fine occassionally, just remember to give ‘em other stuff like nuts and even fruit as well.
…funny how that’s analogous to us humans.
Wildlife rehab that has Nibi the beaver took her to a real pond to let her check it out, because she's so attached to the rescuers she followed them when it was time to head back to the rescue. Since she's so bonded to them they don't think she's releasable and are working with Mass Wildlife to hopefully keep her as educational animal like a groundhog (Stanley) they have that they couldn't release.
Here's FB post with video of her in the pond: https://www.facebook.com/share/v/FkbgLW84f3EpqBWJ/?mibextid=qi2Omg
And here she is following her human after.
Here's Nibi stealing food: https://www.facebook.com/share/v/baimNmV4HGmgtf8N/?mibextid=qi2Omg
And this is Stanley the groundhog they can't release with baby they're rehabbing for release.
I'm so obsessed with this information
Seconded, also @bm33 I LOVE that skelly arm rug!
Need something like that to go with my blanket that Estebelle decided was hers lol
what do you mean they ‚decided‘, there are black kitty heads all over it. It was created for Estebelle!
That is true!
It's a Ruggable. I love it, can just toss it in the wash anytime it needs to be cleaned. They have a bunch of Halloween designs to choose from too.
What the heck is that noise!?!? It's like something is in my wall!!!
...oh
Prarie dogs are adorable and everyone should follow Poppy.
https://www.instagram.com/reel/C7eYs3VMTuE/?igsh=M3p1NDJiNWtya2xu
not sure what i did, but these ducks seemed to trust me
I think he wanted to play.
Trust the vibes
The noises Nibi the beaver makes when eating pistachios and someone goes near them is adorable.
https://www.facebook.com/share/v/f4H2DGjtmEYzN8d1/?mibextid=xfxF2i
Guess who have eight paws and just got a ton of cat nip added to their toys and cat tower!
...the cats are being creepy and weird again
I think you misspelt cute and cuddly!
...whatever is comfortable I guess
On a holiday to Switzerland, was hoping to spot an Alpine Chough.
Well :)
real ones heard the news an hour ago
müh
Eine Kuh macht Muh. Viele Kühe machen Mühe.
….
yes you may kill me for this. It’s very well deserved.
müh.
I kind of assume the rescue shut down or something with how long we had no cats but we're back baby!
Meet Jax
I've just discovered this post what's going on here?? 😭😭😭
without this thread we would have all gone mad on these forums by now.
welcome to the safe zone, look at cute and/or cuddly animals, and chill before entering the toxic wastelands of us vs them again
we photodump cute and cuddly things
omg an absolute unit!
Excuse me, if you plan on staying, you have to pay The Pet tax
If you do not have a pet, a different cute animal is acceptable
This is my dog Kurt. He's a little shy! 🥰
Isn't he a cutie! 😍
That is a very fine lookin doggo
He's just the best right? This was him today out for his morning walk! ☺
He's such a floofy boi! 🥰
My Lord
OK friend, maybe not the cuddliest thing here, but did you know that some species of bee sometimes sleep in flowers and hold each others' little feets when they do?
You do now. :)
im abouta get the pic as soon as he stops running around
Kurt today chilling in the garden! 😎
Also, I'd like everyone to meet my pigeon, Susan! 🐦
She gets so sleepy after she eats her bird food! 🥺
Edit:
This is why you're on a leash cat...
I hope you grabbed a pack of the kitty wipes and wiped that kitty down after going under those shelves. It's so gross under the shelves at petshops, I know firsthand after working at a petco 😂
…uh oh
I didn't really see anything on him when I picked him up to bring him back to the kennel area but I'll have to keep that in mind next walk
Jax was just adopted. That was fast.
Oi, get off my doorbell you lil punk!!!
Nom nom cardboard
Comfy? Yes. Annoyed with me always taking their pictures? Also yes. 😂
Lick
Loaf being baked via air vent
Nibi the beaver made national news earlier this month. Long story short the state wildlife officials wanted Nibi released immediately even though she's too habituated to survive in the wild, the state governor stepped in and let the rescue keep Nibi as an educational animal. Rescue is now testing out ways to bring Nibi out to public events.
Nibi happy she gets to stay and be spoiled by rescue 😂
I just love seeing powerful women succeeding
Nibi with Jane Newhouse (the woman that started Newhouse Wildlife Rescue) and Massachusetts Governor Maura Healey. Women looking out for eachother, gotta love it.