So, another Twins nerf?

So, firstly the buffs:

The most useless add-on got it's duration doubled, but it's still pretty awful due to Blidness just being an awful Status Effect.

The Iridescent Cloth got it's duration increased by 15 seconds, I can now see it being at least worth taking sometimes, still not a fan.


And then the nerfs, just why?

The Toy Sword got it's time reduction cut off by 0.05 seconds, don't see any reason for that.

Movement speed from the green movement speed add-on got shortened to 0.3m for unknown reasons, I don't really think it was too high.

And the most laughable nerf out of all of these is the Stale Biscuit nerf, they really felt the need to reduce the cooldown reduction of this add-on from 0.5 seconds to 0.4 seconds, like the Twins don't already have a large cooldown...


This mid chapter is in my opinion just a terrible joke on the Killer's end if this is all we got i terms of balance changes.

Comments

  • The Twins are overpowered that's why.

  • They should completely reworked them, literally most of players hates playing them and against.

  • @gendoss said:

    The Twins are overpowered that's why.

    Since when? The Twins can be good, but they aren't by any means overpowered.

  • They are an overused killer, 50% of my survivor games are against them, I'm sick.

  • @PlayTwink said:

    They should completely reworked them, literally most of players hates playing them and against.

    I hope so aswell, they are so poorly designed.

  • @AhoyWolf said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2729203#Comment_2729203

    Since when? The Twins can be good, but they aren't by any means overpowered.

    If you want to have that discussion Victor can't be dodged at a certain point. He runs extremely fast and his hitbox is way bigger than it should be. He can guarantee to down you and then move on to the next person very quickly.

  • @IamFran said:

    They are an overused killer, 50% of my survivor games are against them, I'm sick.

    Overused? I literally see two Twin players per month at best.

  • At this point the Twins are gonna become the new Pig when it comes to random nerfs

  • @AhoyWolf said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2729222#Comment_2729222

    Overused? I literally see two Twin players per month at best.

    I was being ironic.

  • @gendoss said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2729213#Comment_2729213

    If you want to have that discussion Victor can't be dodged at a certain point. He runs extremely fast and his hitbox is way bigger than it should be. He can guarantee to down you and then move on to the next person very quickly.

    Well, he is pretty easily countered by just being in groups of two, just kick him when he downs your teammate, it takes literally 5 seconds before he can attack again. The healing meta also doesn't help, for example Victor cannot really do anything about CoH on his own. Also he heavily relies on slugging, so if he goes for another person, you can just pick your friend back up from my experience.

    I agree that Victor's hitbox is really thicc, but that can backfire aswell, you can get stuck really easily on invisible walls that just happens to be there, making you easily crushable.

  • remember the balance team balances on the 'Stats"....those addons must have been "overused".

  • You really cannot tell sometimes on these forums, my mistake.

  • My guess? Stats.

    Let's be honest, trying to use Victor without Toy Sword is painful. Since it is a brown, I'd guess dang near every Twins player uses it every single game. I know I do whenever I play Twins. Essentially it gets used so much for the same reason Rat Liver on Demo used to... but they didn't realize that so they just flat out nerfed it instead of both nerfing the add on and buffing the base kit.

    I'm guessing its a similar but less intense story for the biscuit and scarf. Biscuit makes the painful post hit CD a bit less painful so lots of people run it... so stats say to nerf it. Scarf just makes Victor better for getting map wide pressure which is important, so lots of people run it.

  • @FFirebrandd said:

    My guess? Stats.

    Let's be honest, trying to use Victor without Toy Sword is painful. Since it is a brown, I'd guess dang near every Twins player uses it every single game. I know I do whenever I play Twins. Essentially it gets used so much for the same reason Rat Liver on Demo used to... but they didn't realize that so they just flat out nerfed it instead of both nerfing the add on and buffing the base kit.

    I'm guessing its a similar but less intense story for the biscuit and scarf. Biscuit makes the painful post hit CD a bit less painful so lots of people run it... so stats say to nerf it. Scarf just makes Victor better for getting map wide pressure which is important, so lots of people run it.

    I guess you're right, I cannot see any other real reason for the nerfs.

  • @AhoyWolf said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2729304#Comment_2729304

    I guess you're right, I cannot see any other real reason for the nerfs.

    Me neither honestly. Overall Twins aren't over performing, so I can't see any reason to nerf Toy Sword other than a ridiculously high usage rate.

  • literally who gives a ######### for twins lmao

  • @hillbilly_is_pog said:

    literally who gives a ######### for twins lmao

    I just want them to be a good Killer, they have potential.

    Seeing nerfs like this really hurts my soul.