The biggest problems with the forums and it will forever hold them back.

Forums, a place to discuss, ask questions and give feedback. Sadly we as a community struggle to make them useful. Here's why.

1. First and most commonly any post is met with a US vs THEM. Doesnt matter if it's the post creator or fellow commenters they're always made to fight each other.

Nerf this side then we must nerf this at the same time. Changes should be done in small sections so we can see the impact of that change.

2. Gone of the OP, similar to the first point people will change topic which usually ends up in US v THEM again. Its possible to discuss one thing without bring up everything else.

A great example is some posts iv made about DH being disabled for a weekend to see the impact. Instead of discussing if itd be good or what they think could happen lots of people said we should disable X killer or X killer perk

3. Assuming, people always assume and often label people killer/survivor main. For example you talk about changing DH and can get labelled a killer main. Discussions work better when they stay to one point not branch off.

A great example is I want DH nerfed, I feel it's not healthy. I think a nerf would be a good change for the meta (nerf the distance) but that does not mean I main killer and dont want survivor improvements. I want alot for survivors that will scare killers (DS works after each hook even if used) but keep one post to a single topic, I personally go in order I thinks important when discussing changes.

4. Rage filled posts. I get it the game can be stressful, we can all have different experiences and it affects everyone differently. But being rude to other members or devs doesnt help provide feedback or a good discussion.

5. Lies, people will lie about experiences or over exaggerate them in hope for a nerf etc.

All in all the forums would be better and work better if people was respectful, honest, didnt assume or make judgements on people because of a topic and most of all dont make it a US vs THEM mentality. We should work together for balance so the games fun and stays alive, not hate on one side that without the game would die.

Comments

  • You forgot best argument: You think it's not true? Hmm, you must be low MMR and I am the highest MMR ever recorded!

  • @Dino7281 said:

    You forgot best argument: You think it's not true? Hmm, you must be low MMR and I am the highest MMR ever recorded!

    I miss the days of ranks when people would always say I was grey ranks and I could show them rank 2/1 consistently πŸ˜”

    Now I have to hope they believe me, which nobody ever does.

  • @Dino7281 said:

    You forgot best argument: You think it's not true? Hmm, you must be low MMR and I am the highest MMR ever recorded!

    Umm actually actually I didnt forget I just thought thatd be obvious, you must be low mmr jeez.

    I'm joking though I did miss that, CBA to edit the post though my phones running flat πŸ˜‚

  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2728761#Comment_2728761

    I miss the days of ranks when people would always say I was grey ranks and I could show them rank 2/1 consistently πŸ˜”

    Now I have to hope they believe me, which nobody ever does.

    Proof or it didnt happen ;)

    Yeah it is a shame, would be interesting to link accounts to forums but thatd also make people use it as a way to attack others sadly. That happens on the halo forums

  • @EntitySpawn said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2728769#Comment_2728769

    Proof or it didnt happen ;)

    Yeah it is a shame, would be interesting to link accounts to forums but thatd also make people use it as a way to attack others sadly. That happens on the halo forums

    I still have the screenshot saved don't make me dig through a year of cow photos because I will-


    I wish there was, like, a limit on how many posts you needed to make a discussion though tbf. Like in a few cases this'd mean some people couldn't immidiately post after they joined but also in most cases it'd stop salty people making anger threads

  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2728761#Comment_2728761

    I miss the days of ranks when people would always say I was grey ranks and I could show them rank 2/1 consistently πŸ˜”

    Now I have to hope they believe me, which nobody ever does.

    Everyone knows you used photoshop anyway...

  • Point 4 is perhaps the worst offender, because some individuals have not learnt how to argue constructively and have an extreme lack of empathy. Everything seems to be taken so personally, as if someone saying they feel a perk needs to be changed is like saying someone's mum is better off dead. It's something that's not helped by anonymity, which the interweb provides in spades.

    People can't always control their emotions, but the best thing to do when feeling riled is to take a break before replying. Remember the person is only expressing their opinion and are more likely to see your side if you're willing to be reasonable. Doesn't mean they'll agree, and they don't have to, but they'll be more willing to listen.

    @Dino7281 said:

    You forgot best argument: You think it's not true? Hmm, you must be low MMR and I am the highest MMR ever recorded!

    Also, I completely get this internet snobbery! Back in day, when I was a yung'en, the Silent Hill forums jad a classic line; one which people felt would silence all people who disagree: "Any TRUE Silent Hill fan would know...". My God, that was tedious!

    But overall, people ought to see the value of a newer player or lower MMR is just as valuable as higher, because this is where people may see thing experienced people have missed, or have a far better understanding of issues at lower ranks. Maybe even spot where their turning point is from enjoying the game to noticing issues. Sure, some issues could be dealt with as they become more experienced, but others can also be just as valid. Just like high MMR may have more experience and understanding, but likewise blind to other things.

    There's value to be seen at all levels, with all opinions.

  • Yea... we run the vicious cycle a lot... but then wonder why we feel like (Bad Word) afterwards with nothing actually said

    People tend to speck with emotion rather then with their heads (I'm just going to point that out and see if I'm right or not)

    Or people want to talk about fixing Camping, Tunneling, Gen Rush and Slugging (even though I haven't seen a Slugging post in a month or so) without realizing that they cause the other to happen.... Or they want to have a perk become basekit without seeing the real problems that are currently in game

  • The majority take this game too seriously they don't understand how to have fun.

    They look at this game as it's their job if they don't 4K or get a 4man escape they're fired.

  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2728761#Comment_2728761

    I miss the days of ranks when people would always say I was grey ranks and I could show them rank 2/1 consistently πŸ˜”

    Now I have to hope they believe me, which nobody ever does.

    Karu no one believes you anyway you LIAR!!!!!!.......Sorry I kid but still IM WATCHING YOUUUUUUUUU *stares intensely at Karu*

  • My posting on this forum dropped considerably when I realized that for the vast majority of it, people aren't here to discuss things. They're here to wait for someone to stop talking so that they can talk.

    Go into any thread here and even people quoting each other back and forth aren't talking to each other, they're just talking over each other.

  • @VikingDragonXii said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2728769#Comment_2728769

    Karu no one believes you anyway you LIAR!!!!!!.......Sorry I kid but still IM WATCHING YOUUUUUUUUU *stares intensely at Karu*

    Lowkey if it isn't too much trouble could you not call me just "Karu"? GBK works fine, Karu was fine until like a year ago when something happened + I'm not 100% comfortable with people using it 🧍

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2728873#Comment_2728873

    This + people don't really have original ideas that they feel strongly about a lot of the time, so "discussions" are more often than not wholly swayed by popular content creators' (or other community members') opinions, even if that notion isn't always readily apparent or consciously done. This isn't just a forum thing though, it's just how people work I guess. Going with the flow is a helluva drug.

    The only reason I still post here is to repeatedly peddle controller changes.

    Part of that too is that, as much as some might want it to be, this game isn't THAT deep that it needs an entire forum dedicated to it.

    It's why we see the same threads over and over again (oh hey, thread #466898432 about how to punish camping and it's the same idea as the other 466898431 threads that came before it). People just talk over each other because we've all seen these discussions all over again like the lamest version of Groundhog Day :D

  • @Dino7281 said:

    You forgot best argument: You think it's not true? Hmm, you must be low MMR and I am the highest MMR ever recorded!

    Screenshot_20220104-075306_Chrome~2.jpg

    This you?

  • I didn't say anything about MMR. I just doubted your personal skill as a player based on what you said. I also created an alternative, I would be kinda fine with soloQ having short stick, but SWF? That would have only that explanation...

    Untitlded.png

    This you? "You are low MMR" - check

    Untitled.png

    This you? "I am highest MMR" - check

  • @Dino7281 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2729104#Comment_2729104

    I didn't say anything about MMR. I just doubted your personal skill as a player based on what you said. I also created an alternative, I would be kinda fine with soloQ having short stick, but SWF? That would have only that explanation...

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/680UYHV5TL11/untitlded.png

    This you? "You are low MMR" - check

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/GK5B7G4FY2R0/untitled.png

    This you? "I am highest MMR" - check

    Yes and I said that after you said I probably suck at the game and tried to discredit my opinion.

  • @gendoss said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2729756#Comment_2729756

    Yes and I said that after you said I probably suck at the game and tried to discredit my opinion.

    I didn't mention invisible number that means nothing.

    I just assumed something about you based on something you said. It's quite simple.


    So everyone knows, based on what it is. You said:

    "Survivors have been on the short side of the win rate for years and years now and we just want some balance."

    I mean, FOR YEARS? Those poor survivors with infinites? Oh no, I feel so bad for them. Insta heals, stacked pallets, MoM, Brand new parts... it had to be terrible for them....

    You even used incorrect numbers about kill rates multiple times trying to "prove" your false points.

  • @Dino7281 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2729795#Comment_2729795

    I didn't mention invisible number that means nothing.

    I just assumed something about you based on something you said. It's quite simple.

    So everyone knows, based on what it is. You said:

    "Survivors have been on the short side of the win rate for years and years now and we just want some balance."

    I mean, FOR YEARS? Those poor survivors with infinites? Oh no, I feel so bad for them. Insta heals, stacked pallets, MoM, Brand new parts... it had to be terrible for them....

    You even used incorrect numbers about kill rates multiple times trying to "prove" your false points.

    Tbf its surprising killers ever got anyone in the past considering everything they had. But back then the game was new and looping as it is today was never a thing.

    But it was good to see a post about the bad parts of the forums get the bad parts in itself lol

  • @EntitySpawn said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2729835#Comment_2729835

    Tbf its surprising killers ever got anyone in the past considering everything they had. But back then the game was new and looping as it is today was never a thing.

    But it was good to see a post about the bad parts of the forums get the bad parts in itself lol

    Magic of the forum I guess :D

    It's amazing to see how many broken things were here before. Thing is that it wasn't an issue because this game started as hide and seek. When it changed into The game of tag, then it was an issue.

  • I see #2 and #3 most often.

    It becomes tedious.


    It is also a vicious cycle.

    First come the people that need to do a background check just to respect your opinion. Then, once you’ve entertained them, in walk the people who make fun of you for β€œbragging about how good you are.”

    By the end, the discussion is no longer on topic, and it has devolved into a petty war where everyone is comparing πŸ† sizes.

  • @Dino7281 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2729928#Comment_2729928

    Magic of the forum I guess :D

    It's amazing to see how many broken things were here before. Thing is that it wasn't an issue because this game started as hide and seek. When it changed into The game of tag, then it was an issue.

    Yeah I remember a time when iron grasp and agitation was meta against 99 sabo meta.

    Funny part is I use to 4k far more back then too XD

  • @EntitySpawn said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2729935#Comment_2729935

    Yeah I remember a time when iron grasp and agitation was meta against 99 sabo meta.

    Funny part is I use to 4k far more back then too XD

    I think that is also because of more RNG matchmaking and I think people just used to play troll builds more before. Now, it's just do gens asap and leave...

  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2728862#Comment_2728862

    Lowkey if it isn't too much trouble could you not call me just "Karu"? GBK works fine, Karu was fine until like a year ago when something happened + I'm not 100% comfortable with people using it 🧍

    Sure thing no problem here I usually just go by people's profile names. *gives a big thumbs up while still staring intently*

  • @VikingDragonXii said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2728940#Comment_2728940

    Sure thing no problem here I usually just go by people's profile names. *gives a big thumbs up while still staring intently*

    Thank you, I really appreciate it

  • No problem GBK that actually makes you sound like some kind of spy now lol

  • @VikingDragonXii said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2730462#Comment_2730462

    No problem GBK that actually makes you sound like some kind of spy now lol

    The most iconic spy with a cow obsession

    20211004_152151.jpg