The HUD additions are good start for solo players but it will not resolve the main issue with it.

The problem is the fact that expierienced solo players are getting matched with players that barely do any objectives like gens, rescuing other survivors, even blessing a totem. They usually hide in corner of the map and basically do nothing for their mates. If you're gonna balance solo survivors expierience look first at your SBMM, because it makes every skilled solo survivor feel hopeless when the killer is chasing them and other 3 survivors do basically nothing.

IN SHORT:

Matchmake skilled solo survivors with other skilled survivors. make emblem system have an impact on sbmm and face them with decent/ high expierienced killer.

Also for god sake buff killers. Reward them for playing fair and pressuing survivors.

Comments

  • That's basically what I said.

    It's a good start.

  • @Pulsar said:

    That's basically what I said.

    It's a good start.

    It's good, but with the current matchmaking system it will only affects you, since most of the survivors I for example get paired into matches do basically nothing the entire time while I'am looping the killer for few minutes.

  • Yes. Then, we can have these Killers improvements we're waiting for. Part. 2 of the patch notes will be interesting (I hope).

  • @TheMadCat said:

    Yes. Then, we can have these Killers improvements we're waiting for. Part. 2 of the patch notes will be interesting (I hope).

    Killers desperately needs an improvements. Killers that don't camp, tunnel or slug survivors are literally getting punished by gen rush, even when pressuring all survivors at once.

  • @Impartiality said:

    100% agree that the MMR system is something that needs to be changed to actually measure some form of skill. That update talks about top skill level but the current MMR doesn’t really measure skill very well for both survivor or killer

    Definitely. Without it the HUD changes will not succed.

  • They already also mentioned a bunch of matchmaking changes toward preventing mismatches from backfills and brand new players starting with too high a rating.

  • It's a good start, but like you said I doubt the 10 hours megs and dwights I keep getting in my lobby will even understand what those stats mean.

  • @PlayTwink said:

    The problem is the fact that expierienced solo players are getting matched with players that barely do any objectives like gens, rescuing other survivors, even blessing a totem. They usually hide in corner of the map and basically do nothing for their mates. If you're gonna balance solo survivors expierience look first at your SBMM, because it makes every skilled solo survivor feel hopeless when the killer is chasing them and other 3 survivors do basically nothing.

    IN SHORT:

    Matchmake skilled solo survivors with other skilled survivors. make emblem system have an impact on sbmm and face them with decent/ high expierienced killer.

    Also for god sake buff killers. Reward them for playing fair and pressuing survivors.

    I hate to tell you this but SBMM does work for skilled Survivors.

    I've barely played Survivor this month and I load into lobbies of entirely Red Rank Survivors and Killers as a Bronze.

    Why? Because the game knows that I'm skilled at this point and won't put me in casual lobbies anymore. I can't escape them because I escaped pretty much any match with a bottom 80% Killer player.

  • @gatsby said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/302847/the-hud-additions-are-good-start-for-solo-players-but-it-will-not-resolve-the-main-issue-with-it

    I hate to tell you this but SBMM does work for skilled Survivors.

    I've barely played Survivor this month and I load into lobbies of entirely Red Rank Survivors and Killers as a Bronze.

    Why? Because the game knows that I'm skilled at this point and won't put me in casual lobbies anymore. I can't escape them because I escaped pretty much any match with a bottom 80% Killer player.

    It does not work. SBMM match skilled survivors with newbies that are afraid to even run at the trial. Also they barely even touch gens

  • i will take whatever i can get because at this point ive been begging for over 3 years

  • Sadly some people will never do gens, they still get rewarded thanks to this SBMM.

    Iv versed the same killer twice but with 2 different solo Q teams. 1 game he destroyed us (10hooks 4k) I was the only one doing gens and the next time the killer got 3 hooks in total and 1 at 3gens left, 1 at 1 gen left, then he got 1 more in EGC but we all escaped after.

    People always forget how fast gens can actually go until they end up on a team that does them.

  • @PlayTwink said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2727276#Comment_2727276

    It does not work. SBMM match skilled survivors with newbies that are afraid to even run at the trial. Also they barely even touch gens

    You're not understanding. Survivors do gens when they aren't pressured by the Killer.

    A "high skilled" Survivor is one that can consistently keep the Killer busy for long amounts of time, so their team can do gens.

    If you think you're losing every game due to your teammates not doing gens, you should really look at how long you last in chase and start there. You are the only common denominator and if you're not enough to consistently impact the outcomes of your games you have more to improve.

  • It's definitely a start but they need more changes towards SBMM, there needs to be more nuance than just escapes/kills. HUD info isn't going to help solo players that keep getting matched with players that are dragging the team down thanks to bad SBMM.

  • @gatsby said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2727280#Comment_2727280

    You're not understanding. Survivors do gens when they aren't pressured by the Killer.

    A "high skilled" Survivor is one that can consistently keep the Killer busy for long amounts of time, so their team can do gens.

    If you think you're losing every game due to your teammates not doing gens, you should really look at how long you last in chase and start there. You are the only common denominator and if you're not enough to consistently impact the outcomes of your games you have more to improve.

    Lmao, In 80 seconds of chase, one survivor can basically do an entire gen. My chases lasts for like 2-3 minutes. Don't really know why do you protect this awful system, but whatever

  • @PlayTwink said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2727364#Comment_2727364

    Lmao, In 80 seconds of chase, one survivor can basically do an entire gen. My chases lasts for like 2-3 minutes. Don't really know why do you protect this awful system, but whatever

    The SBMM system generally benefits Survivors. It has made my Survivor gameplay significantly easier and given me much better teammates at my level of play (which is pretty much as high as it gets).

    I don't know how it effects the low/mid levels of play, but buffing the matchmaking itself anymore in Survivor favor at the highest levels would make Killer even more unplayable than it already is.

  • @gatsby said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2727398#Comment_2727398

    The SBMM system generally benefits Survivors. It has made my Survivor gameplay significantly easier and given me much better teammates at my level of play (which is pretty much as high as it gets).

    I don't know how it effects the low/mid levels of play, but buffing the matchmaking itself anymore in Survivor favor at the highest levels would make Killer even more unplayable than it already is.

    Good for you, but for most of us, the SBMM system matchmake us with newbie survivors, the devs even adressed that in the developer update. You know how unfair it is for both expierienced survivors and newbies? You can even loop killer for 10 minutes and still they can't do all 5 gens, except if you're playing solo with 3 SWF group.

  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    i will take whatever i can get because at this point ive been begging for over 3 years

    It's a good step, but the main problem lays in SBMM system.

  • @PlayTwink said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2727593#Comment_2727593

    Good for you, but for most of us, the SBMM system matchmake us with newbie survivors, the devs even adressed that in the developer update. You know how unfair it is for both expierienced survivors and newbies? You can even loop killer for 10 minutes and still they can't do all 5 gens, except if you're playing solo with 3 SWF group.

    We just play a different game I guess. I haven't seen anyone that I would consider a newbie since SBMM was implemented.

    Some horrible loopers, sure. But no one thats made me think they just bought the game

  • @gatsby said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2727651#Comment_2727651

    We just play a different game I guess. I haven't seen anyone that I would consider a newbie since SBMM was implemented.

    Some horrible loopers, sure. But no one thats made me think they just bought the game

    It's not about horrible loopers buddy, the point is the survivors play so weirdly that they prefer to hide in the corner of the map instead of doing the objectives. Not everyone must be good at looping, but at least do something for your mate, while he's being chased

  • @PlayTwink said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2727667#Comment_2727667

    It's not about horrible loopers buddy, the point is the survivors play so weirdly that they prefer to hide in the corner of the map instead of doing the objectives. Not everyone must be good at looping, but at least do something for your mate, while he's being chased

    Honestly, sometimes its most optimal to leave the weak link on hook for two minutes and do gens the entire time than actually save them.

    You can win the game by being a horrible teammate sometimes and sensing the blood in the water

  • This is very true and needs to be addressed. I'm often being matched with teammates who do literally nothing for extended stretches. Efficiency is a huge part of skill and the system isn't taking that into account