Can BHVR fix Ghostface?

Do i hate God Nurse? Yes but not so much. Camper Bubba? He is annoying but no. Trickster? Playing against him is 0 fun but no.


Ghostface? Yes. I hate him so much. Probably my most hated killer. Revealing him is 50 / 50. Sometimes mechanic works, sometimes does not. We know next patch is about him and Legion, i hope he gets fix for this mechanic. Most annoying mechanic in game probably, for me atleast.


Happy New Year everyone btw.

Comments

  • Probably will in this update coming or the next one maybe

  • THIS! His break out is so stupid especially when he can literally expose me when I'll be LOOKING DIRECTLY AT HIM. Another nail in the coffin for Buggy DBD.

  • While he does need fixing; it's pretty telling of BHVR that his power will be next to useless once fixed.

    Think about it; Survivors can look around corners that GF can't. Survivors can look behind themselves while working on gens.

    Once he can be reliably revealed; he will never get use out of his stalking ever again. I'm not saying 'Don't fix him'; by all means, fix him. Fix every buggy mechanic, for good or ill.

    I'm just saying, don't be surprised when he sucks because Survivors can now reveal him while hiding around a corner, when looking behind themselves, or in the middle of a chase. ๐Ÿ˜


    I played Ghostface when he released, and I HATED him. Every match, Survivors were revealing me in under 5 seconds. I could never stalk because a Survivor hiding around a corner was 'looking' at me with their psychic third eye (aka; their normal third-person camera). I could NOT get even 1 Survivor in 7 matches to 100% stalk.

    And I have a major feeling that is what will happen once he is properly fixed. It's just the built-in problem with a power that is countered by looking at him by players with a 360 degree 3rd person camera.

  • Just loop him to death, it doesn't matter if he procs insta down.

  • We are actually complaining about Ghostface? Seriously?


    He is one of the most easily ruined M1 killers in the game. You can literally just expose him by looking over your shoulder and then his entire kit gets shut off.

  • @WesCravenFan said:

    We are actually complaining about Ghostface? Seriously?

    He is one of the most easily ruined M1 killers in the game. You can literally just expose him by looking over your shoulder and then his entire kit gets shut off.

    Actually, if you read OP's post, he's complaining about how buggy the revealing mechanic is.

    And, even though I'm a MASSIVE Survivor main; I agree. It needs to be fixed.

    It's just sad fixing it will render him trash. ๐Ÿ˜

  • Can they? Of course they can.

    Will they? Depends, what their definition of "fix" is

  • @ChurchofPig said:

    Can they? Of course they can.

    Will they? Depends, what their definition of "fix" is

    'To fix the Ghostface not being revealed when looked at, we increased the size of that hitbox by 500%. It's now the size of one of the trucks on Autohaven, and can be activated through walls when it clips. We feel this balances Ghostface perfectly.' -BHVR ๐Ÿ˜

  • Nah just give him more cool cosmetics

  • @AngyKiller said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2723746#Comment_2723746

    Actually, if you read OP's post, he's complaining about how buggy the revealing mechanic is.

    And, even though I'm a MASSIVE Survivor main; I agree. It needs to be fixed.

    It's just sad fixing it will render him trash. ๐Ÿ˜

    As a moderator for a Twitch Ghostface main, I can tell you his reveal mechanic is broken in the wrong direction. EVERYTHING reveals him. Cracks in walls, Seeing him THROUGH a generator. Facing a non-cardinal point while on a gen while he is freaking stalking!


    And don't get me started on stretched rez.

  • @MikaelaWantsYourBoon said:

    Do i hate God Nurse? Yes but not so much. Camper Bubba? He is annoying but no. Trickster? Playing against him is 0 fun but no.

    Ghostface? Yes. I hate him so much. Probably my most hated killer. Revealing him is 50 / 50. Sometimes mechanic works, sometimes does not. We know next patch is about him and Legion, i hope he gets fix for this mechanic. Most annoying mechanic in game probably, for me atleast.

    Happy New Year everyone btw.

    He's getting a rework. Hopefully a Plague level 'wow, this killer feels really good to play now' and not a Pig level 'we moved some addons around, look grateful' level rework.

    Keep in mind that his janky-ness cuts both ways. Sometimes you'll be revealed by absolutely nothing.

  • With the mediocre number changes they gave to a few of his add-ons Iโ€™m not expecting much.

  • I believe they said he and Legion are up next on their to do list, I'm not sure if this is 100% accurate but it is what I heard on the grape vine.

  • @Maliken said:

    With the mediocre number changes they gave to a few of his add-ons Iโ€™m not expecting much.

    I think they wanted to stop those two being mandatory, and just pooped the sheets on the numbers slightly. I enjoy Ghostie, so am hopeful. They did a fantastic job on Plague, and if they hadn't nerfed him without any need, I'd say the same about their Wraith rework too.

  • It's bad for the Ghost face, too. Especially since stretched res can completely wreck him and allow survivors to reveal him while they are totally hidden. But yeah, the reveal not working right makes him frustrating to play as or against. He is one of my least favorite to face because it often feels like even attempting to reveal is just letting yourself get killed, since it's a coinflip if it works.

  • @emetSdidnothingwrong said:

    I believe they said he and Legion are up next on their to do list, I'm not sure if this is 100% accurate but it is what I heard on the grape vine.

    Legion...I have no idea what they are going to do for them. They are such an odd, idiosyncratic killer.

  • @AngyKiller said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2723746#Comment_2723746

    Actually, if you read OP's post, he's complaining about how buggy the revealing mechanic is.

    And, even though I'm a MASSIVE Survivor main; I agree. It needs to be fixed.

    It's just sad fixing it will render him trash. ๐Ÿ˜

    He's already garbage, there's not much a fix could ruin

  • @StarLost said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2723956#Comment_2723956

    Legion...I have no idea what they are going to do for them. They are such an odd, idiosyncratic killer.

    Gun

  • Ghosty is one of the weakest killers and you complain about him? I barely even see him anymore because he's just not good.

    People can get me out of stealth while not even close by nowdays and people with streched ress can pretty much unstealth me through walls..but yes please make it easier its not easy enough now.

  • @Hannacia said:

    Ghosty is one of the weakest killers and you complain about him? I barely even see him anymore because he's just not good.

    People can get me out of stealth while not even close by nowdays and people with streched ress can pretty much unstealth me through walls..but yes please make it easier its not easy enough now.

    It goes both ways, I mained Ghostface for a long time after his release until I realized that forcing myself to tolerate inconsistent/buggy/weak M1 killers wasn't good for getting better or having fun beyond a certain level of competition. I don't enjoy going against him either anymore because even though I abuse 98% of the Ghostfaces I play against I've also died or given up easy hooks to players that are nowhere near my level thanks to the inconsistency of his reveal.

    One play you can reveal him without even trying while doing a gen from far away, the next play you can have a wild-west staredown with him and you'll get exposed even though he's in the center of your screen without you even moving the camera away. Its too inconsistent for both sides and he just needs an entire rework

  • @WesCravenFan said:

    We are actually complaining about Ghostface? Seriously?

    He is one of the most easily ruined M1 killers in the game. You can literally just expose him by looking over your shoulder and then his entire kit gets shut off.


    I am not complaining about Ghostface. Him reveal mechanic is broken and needs fix. I am complaining about this bug.


    But yes, Ghostface is weak killer. And i am not against buff him.