Is Nurse Broken? (500 game sample size)

I have started a google doc I will now update for every game I play starting today, if anybody is interested.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1dFyHImPlQjwDonyfJ3M1bfGs5Sv7Mij6NxoYVwtsaIw/edit?usp=sharing

I have played Nurse since literally 2016 the day of her release (and only her), and she is by far the most rewarding and broken killer in the game. Here are some stats (nothing crazy but I could do it again easily) to show what I can achieve after 500 games. (1 and a half months, 46 days.)

The stats will be as followed, number of kills, amount of generators (12 hooks included when specified) my build was simple, and this was during MMR. (Tinkerer to find hackers, pop for pressure, corrupt for early game snowball, and mind breaker for my own fun)

For the 4ks here's the stats I have

4ks = 74, 5 gens 4k's (Survivors didn't get more then 10k points because I 4 man slugged)

364 4ks, 3-4 gens, (120 of these being 9-12 individual hooks)

3ks

54 3k's 2-4 gens, (hatch escapes, included, 23 of these had 9-12 hooks)

2ks

8 losses, (2ks or gate escapes, 6 of these were confirmed SWF through steam profiles)=

I forgot to include the maps because I'm an idiot and started counting them too late, but here are the ones I counted

17 Ormond (14 being offerings)

54 Macmillan estates (individual maps not counted, my bad. 7 offerings)

8 Swamps (3 offerings)

10 Lerys (7 offerings)

32 haddon fields (27 offerings lmao)

74 Azarovs (3 offerings)

27 Cold wind farms (surprisingly low offerings, 2)

21 Hawkins lab (8 offerings)


4 Fun Stats

68 hackers (games not included) LMAOO

147 DC's (included in the hooks)

I missed a ######### load of stats and was just counting kills for the longest time. If wanted, I could easily make a more in-depth stat-taking sheet which I probably should, and most likely will if this receives positive feedback.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1dFyHImPlQjwDonyfJ3M1bfGs5Sv7Mij6NxoYVwtsaIw/edit?usp=sharing

Comments

  • Forgot the game,

    survivors were always in for a surprise when choosing this offering

    14 The Game (11 offerings)

  • oh absolutely is she broken as high hell, but that's one of the reasons i like her. yeah, in the right hands survivors do not stand a chance unless they're literal tournament squads, but at the same time i really like the thrill of facing her. it's a roulette of "will you get sally slugson who hates you all, a brand new player, or someone skilled but not too overbearing" and being chased by her is usually a fun experience.

    the nurse is busted as #########, but i can't help myself from liking it.


    except when they stack quad gen regression with 2x range add-ons in public games. dont like that one then

  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    oh absolutely is she broken as high hell, but that's one of the reasons i like her. yeah, in the right hands survivors do not stand a chance unless they're literal tournament squads, but at the same time i really like the thrill of facing her. it's a roulette of "will you get sally slugson who hates you all, a brand new player, or someone skilled but not too overbearing" and being chased by her is usually a fun experience.

    the nurse is busted as #########, but i can't help myself from liking it.

    except when they stack quad gen regression with 2x range add-ons in public games. dont like that one then

    The double range makes me throw up, throw in a midwich offering and quad slowdown and sheeeeeeeeessssshh

  • Is she broken? Not in the sense that she's uncounterable. But a dedicated Nurse player will have their skills progress further and faster than a survivor's skills at running a Nurse will ever progress unless they focus on it and practice it in a 1v1 setting.

    So most Nurse mains have a skillset that far outpaces the survivor's skillset at countering her because she's wholly unique and they don't see good Nurses very often, if at all.

    People genuinely think there's nothing you can do against a good Nurse. That's blatantly untrue. But it takes specific practice.

  • she is since the counterplay doesnt exist. on top of that the hits she lands are dumb never close to you, is like she has a double tier 3 muyers reach or some dumb ######### because she always reach despite being far away... most people also get bored of her quickly due again how dumb she is.

  • Nah she needs buffs. Nurse has the lowest kill rate 42%.

    #Facts

    #Buffnurseunderperforming

  • @Myla said:

    Nah she needs buffs. Nurse has the lowest kill rate 42%.

    #Facts

    #Buffnurseunderperforming

    I honestly want to know how much I and the other really good nurse mains have impacted those stats lmao

  • Yes, she's the most broken Killer in the game. Does she need a nerf? Not by a long shot. She's the best Killer in the game, and the only one that can deal with good, competitive SWFs. If Nurse were to get nerfed, then there wouldn't be any competitive Killers left. Not even Blight can compete with competitive SWFs

  • Only 8 losses is impressive. Also 68 hackers, yikes.

    Imo Nurse is broken vs. solos. If SWF didn't exist, a nerf would be justified.

  • Nurse needs a buff according to the data. So... No.

  • No, according to the Excel file who balance the game she is the killer with the lowest kill rate.

  • All we have to do to win as nurse is main her for 5 1/2 years. *noted

  • @Tsulan said:

    All we have to do to win as nurse is main her for 5 1/2 years. *noted

    Congrats on your 10k posts btw

  • My wha..?

    Oh thank you! I didn´t even pay attention

  • A good nurse is as broken as a good swf team, nearly uncounterable under most situations and in a league of their own

  • Nurse has the lowest kill rate of all killers. I don't care that some dudes play her with stretched res at high mmr, without it she is not that strong.

  • @Ghoste said:

    Only 8 losses is impressive. Also 68 hackers, yikes.

    Imo Nurse is broken vs. solos. If SWF didn't exist, a nerf would be justified.

    Yeah, 68 hackers. Was quite impressive, my only losses were due to SWF or MAP rng vs stealthy survivors. I wonder if I did a in-depth google spreadsheet on nurse games 4 fun if anyone would be interested?

  • @BradQuackson said:

    I have played Nurse since literally 2016 the day of her release (and only her), and she is by far the most rewarding and broken killer in the game. Here are some stats (nothing crazy but I could do it again easily) to show what I can achieve after 500 games. (1 and a half months, 46 days.)

    The stats will be as followed, number of kills, amount of generators (12 hooks included when specified) my build was simple, and this was during MMR. (Tinkerer to find hackers, pop for pressure, corrupt for early game snowball, and mind breaker for my own fun)

    For the 4ks here's the stats I have

    4ks = 74, 5 gens 4k's (Survivors didn't get more then 10k points because I 4 man slugged)

    364 4ks, 3-4 gens, (120 of these being 9-12 individual hooks)

    3ks

    54 3k's 2-4 gens, (hatch escapes, included, 23 of these had 9-12 hooks)

    2ks

    8 losses, (2ks or gate escapes, 6 of these were confirmed SWF through steam profiles)=

    I forgot to include the maps because I'm an idiot and started counting them too late, but here are the ones I counted

    17 Ormond (14 being offerings)

    54 Macmillan estates (individual maps not counted, my bad. 7 offerings)

    8 Swamps (3 offerings)

    10 Lerys (7 offerings)

    32 haddon fields (27 offerings lmao)

    74 Azarovs (3 offerings)

    27 Cold wind farms (surprisingly low offerings, 2)

    21 Hawkins lab (8 offerings)

    4 Fun Stats

    68 hackers (games not included) LMAOO

    147 DC's (included in the hooks)

    I missed a ######### load of stats and was just counting kills for the longest time. If wanted, I could easily make a more in-depth stat-taking sheet which I probably should, and most likely will if this receives positive feedback.

    That's dedication, to keep 500 games of stats.

  • Yes, she's broken but who cares as long as SWF exists we need more broken killers not less.

  • Updated to have a google doc with now and future games with in more depth stats, if anybody has any suggestions of what I should keep track of let me know

  • She is broken. She has to be broken. She's the only killer that is viable. Nurse is the Forever Top Tier of DbD because she has to break the rules. Gameplay and design is so heavily survivor sided that a killer that could break the rules needs to exist. Nurse is the top potential of killers. No other killer before or since will ever be on that level because the design and gameplay philosophy hasn't changed. As long as it is a 4 man co-op with a meaningless objective and an entire Map as their weapon game no killer besides Nurse can stand a chance.