is using an auto clicker and going afk banable

Will I get banned if I use an auto clicker to farm shards and BP?

Comments

  • Yes, you can get banned for using things like autoclickers and bots.

  • If you're reported fir it enough, yes

  • @dugman said:

    Yes, you can get banned for using things like autoclickers and bots.

    I see probably 20 flashy macros a day

    Press x for doubt

  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    If you're reported fir it enough, yes

    I'm pretty sure we already had a thread on this and they said yes but it's very hard to prove so rarely happens was the devs response iirc

    Hold up I'll try and look and see if I can find it

  • Considering you're afking in a match, and thus screwing over your team repeatedly; I sure as hell hope you can, and do, get banned.

  • @LoneSlinger said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2718580#Comment_2718580

    I see probably 20 flashy macros a day

    Press x for doubt

    How do you know they use macros? I'm genuinely asking. I don't play Killer a lot, and my random solo Q teammates are rarely able to use a flashlight, so I never had doubt about them not cheating.

  • @AngyKiller said:

    Considering you're afking in a match, and thus screwing over your team repeatedly; I sure as hell hope you can, and do, get banned.

    If they are doing it to grind you usually do it as killer so survivors can essentially give you points through hits and starting chases.

    It also pretty much garuntees you will never get reported for it.

  • @LoneSlinger said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2718580#Comment_2718580

    I see probably 20 flashy macros a day

    Press x for doubt

    They don't ban for using flashlight macros to make annoying sounds, but they do ban for using bots and autoclickers to be afk an entire match. (It would fall under Unsportsmanlike Conduct -> Botting in their list of temporary bans)

    https://support.deadbydaylight.com/hc/en-us/articles/4408581146516-What-will-result-in-a-temporary-ban-

  • @TheMadCat said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2718607#Comment_2718607

    How do you know they use macros? I'm genuinely asking. I don't play Killer a lot, and my random solo Q teammates are rarely able to use a flashlight, so I never had doubt about them not cheating.

    When they can click it so fast it sounds like a machine gun no human can click that fast, when they can click it so fast the sound is constant then it's a macro

    @dugman said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2718607#Comment_2718607

    They don't ban for using flashlight macros to make annoying sounds, but they do ban for using bots and autoclickers to be afk an entire match. (It would fall under Unsportsmanlike Conduct -> Botting in their list of temporary bans)

    https://support.deadbydaylight.com/hc/en-us/articles/4408581146516-What-will-result-in-a-temporary-ban-

    I already said it's bannable if you ever bothered to read my second post but if you do go back and read it I'm pretty sure the devs said it rarely happens we just had this discussion like 3 weeks ago I'll look for the thread if you want

  • @LoneSlinger said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2718617#Comment_2718617

    When they can click it so fast it sounds like a machine gun no human can click that fast, when they can click it so fast the sound is constant then it's a macro

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2718665#Comment_2718665

    I already said it's bannable if you ever bothered to read my second post but if you do go back and read it I'm pretty sure the devs said it rarely happens we just had this discussion like 3 weeks ago I'll look for the thread if you want

    I did bother to read both your posts, I responded to the one that was wrong.

  • @dugman said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2718671#Comment_2718671

    I did bother to read both your posts, I responded to the one that was wrong.

    Is it really wrong tho? When have you ever seen anyone get banned for it?

    Got any proof?

    If you wanna claim it's wrong the circumstance of providing proof lies on you

  • @LoneSlinger said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2718676#Comment_2718676

    Is it really wrong tho? When have you ever seen anyone get banned for it?

    Got any proof?

    If you wanna claim it's wrong the circumstance of providing proof lies on you

    Well two things are against "Da Rulez", farming isn't actually allowed unless all parties seem to be involved in it (Requires video proof). Also going afk isn't allowed and multiple cases could end up a temp suspension on your account, but also requires video proof.

    So it goes down a line.

    1. Player breaks da rulez.
    2. Player needs to be recorded with some kind of replay recording device - a lot of times screenshots isn't even enough.
    3. Player needs to be reported in end game scoreboard screen.
    4. Reporter needs to upload video to a shareable video site like YouTube.
    5. Player needs to be reported via ticket at the BHVR support webpage. This must include; Link to the video of them breaking the rules. Players Username, steamID64 (Not available for consoles, windows, or Epic store)(Steam Only). Your Username/SteamID64.
    6. This has to happen multiple times, in a short time span. Like if a player afks one match, and then isn't reported for afking again like a week later. It's not likely any action would be taken.

    Which is a lot of steps, and not very simple to do unless you've already done it quite a few times, and again a lot of work for something that will most likely be thrown out in a weeks time when no one else makes the same report - because it's a hassle to do. So it's very rarely ever a punishable offence.

    But to answer your question; Yes, it is ban able.

  • @LoneSlinger said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2718676#Comment_2718676

    Is it really wrong tho? When have you ever seen anyone get banned for it?

    Got any proof?

    If you wanna claim it's wrong the circumstance of providing proof lies on you

    I already posted the link above that explicitly lists botting under their official reasons for temporary bans. Now it's up to you to prove that that list is wrong.

  • @Kurri said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2718681#Comment_2718681

    Well two things are against "Da Rulez", farming isn't actually allowed unless all parties seem to be involved in it (Requires video proof). Also going afk isn't allowed and multiple cases could end up a temp suspension on your account, but also requires video proof.

    So it goes down a line.

    1. Player breaks da rulez.
    2. Player needs to be recorded with some kind of replay recording device - a lot of times screenshots isn't even enough.
    3. Player needs to be reported in end game scoreboard screen.
    4. Reporter needs to upload video to a shareable video site like YouTube.
    5. Player needs to be reported via ticket at the BHVR support webpage. This must include; Link to the video of them breaking the rules. Players Username, steamID64 (Not available for consoles, windows, or Epic store)(Steam Only). Your Username/SteamID64.
    6. This has to happen multiple times, in a short time span. Like if a player afks one match, and then isn't reported for afking again like a week later. It's not likely any action would be taken.

    Which is a lot of steps, and not very simple to do unless you've already done it quite a few times, and again a lot of work for something that will most likely be thrown out in a weeks time when no one else makes the same report - because it's a hassle to do. So it's very rarely ever a punishable offence.

    But to answer your question; Yes, it is ban able.

    I have some side questions about all that. Several patches ago the devs disabled recording DBD games for our Switch cousins. How could they successfully report a hacker/cheater? And how can anyone on console come up with Steam ID's for a report either?

    Sounds to me like any report coming from consoles would be incomplete each time, lessening the chances of being acted upon to what? None?

  • @dugman said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2718681#Comment_2718681

    I already posted the link above that explicitly lists botting under their official reasons for temporary bans. Now it's up to you to prove that that list is wrong.

    We all know speeding is against the law in every state but if nobody ever got a ticket for it then is it really l?

  • @LoneSlinger said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2718617#Comment_2718617

    When they can click it so fast it sounds like a machine gun no human can click that fast, when they can click it so fast the sound is constant then it's a macro

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2718665#Comment_2718665

    I already said it's bannable if you ever bothered to read my second post but if you do go back and read it I'm pretty sure the devs said it rarely happens we just had this discussion like 3 weeks ago I'll look for the thread if you want

    Oh, I think I've heard a sound similar like the one you describe in streams. That's a shame to use a macro in an online game.

  • yes.

    AFKing in general is bannable, so if you get reported enough for it you'll get banned.

    whether you have an auto clicker in place or not doesnt really matter here tbh.

  • @Limiteddbd said:

    Will I get banned if I use an auto clicker to farm shards and BP?

    Technically, as per the letter of the 'law' - yes. It qualifies as automation and non-participation.

    In reality? I'm not sure. I can't even find anecdotal evidence of someone being banned for it.

    That said - don't do it. You are potentially ruining the game for dozens of other people.

  • @LoneSlinger said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2718697#Comment_2718697

    We all know speeding is against the law in every state but if nobody ever got a ticket for it then is it really l?

    People do occasionally get speeding tickets. And people do occasionally get banned from DbD.

    Do the majority of people who cheat and use bots get banned? Probably not since they'd only get banned if someone reports them for doing it with video evidence and most players don't record their games. (I'd love it if the game automatically saved a game replay on the server side whenever a ticket was placed so it took the onus of recording games off the players, but c'est la vie.) But they do generally speaking ban people, they just don't advertise specific people being banned or have a public list of who's banned and when.

  • @Limiteddbd said:

    Will I get banned if I use an auto clicker to farm shards and BP?

    First rule of Fight Club, do not talk about Fight Club.

    Second rule of Fight Club, DO NOT talk about Fight Club.

    If you have to ask a question like this then the answer is usually, yes you can get in trouble for it.

  • @LoneSlinger said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2718697#Comment_2718697

    We all know speeding is against the law in every state but if nobody ever got a ticket for it then is it really l?

    It's funny you say this. Christmas Eve, we are driving to the wife's brother's house for dinner. Everyone is speeding. I tell her (as I always do) - drive as if there was a cop around.

    She says: "There aren't going to be any cops out on Christmas Eve, come on". But I'm insistent.

    A minute later, a Dodge Caravan howls past us at at least 20 over the limit, with her giving me a very spiky look.

    Two minutes later, we pass the same Caravan pulled over by a cop.

    She says nothing and drives the limit for the rest of the way.

  • @StarLost said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2718758#Comment_2718758

    It's funny you say this. Christmas Eve, we are driving to the wife's brother's house for dinner. Everyone is speeding. I tell her (as I always do) - drive as if there was a cop around.

    She says: "There aren't going to be any cops out on Christmas Eve, come on". But I'm insistent.

    A minute later, a Dodge Caravan howls past us at at least 20 over the limit, with her giving me a very spiky look.

    Two minutes later, we pass the same Caravan pulled over by a cop.

    She says nothing and drives the limit for the rest of the way.

    Oh yea cops are always out hot and heavy around every holiday

    Drive slow and safe around any holiday they are always looking for dui driver's around holidays cause people love to celebrate but don't have the common sense not to drive after

  • They've already stated that they'll punish someone for going AFK if enough people report them. Going AFK and clicking repeatedly would not change that.

  • @LoneSlinger said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2718580#Comment_2718580

    I see probably 20 flashy macros a day

    Press x for doubt

    Well, they have to be advantageous in the first place. There is an often forgotten part with many things "hacking or cheating to gain an advantage".

    I dont see how flashlight macro's give an advantage.

  • @JPLongstreet said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2718690#Comment_2718690

    I have some side questions about all that. Several patches ago the devs disabled recording DBD games for our Switch cousins. How could they successfully report a hacker/cheater? And how can anyone on console come up with Steam ID's for a report either?

    Sounds to me like any report coming from consoles would be incomplete each time, lessening the chances of being acted upon to what? None?

    1. As inconvenient as it is, they will have to buy an external device to record gameplay, and then upload it to social media.
    2. You can use https://steamid.io/ to lookup anyone's steam account and info, just more difficult if all you have is a Username.

    You're absolutely right. The process is difficult and convoluted. One of the few reasons why Dead by Daylight has such an extreme issue with hackers/cheaters.