Dear Devs: If You Alter 'Camping'...

Then you have to alter gen speeds in the same patch. Not before (this is unfair to Survivors), not after (this would render Killer unplayable), but the SAME. EXACT. PATCH.

This is not an us/them, or give-and-take demand.

Think about it: If hooks teleport, or whatever other idea, and Killers are now consistently forced to 12-hook, and gen-speeds are STILL sub-5-minutes? Killers will never get more than 1.5-2 kills, ever. ANd that's if they are GOOD.

Also think about this: If Killers are forced to 12 hook, or punished for camping, or the hooks teleport (etc. etc.) and this prevents the Killer from getting a kill in the EGC? You know; EGC; The time when camping that hooked person is literally all a Killer has left, since exit gates are open?

Killers will leave in droves.

You will have rendered Killer all but impossible to ever enjoy again.


Ever Killer I've ever talked too has said this about camping:

  1. 'I camp because I feel pressured after 2-3 gens pop in the first chase'. This about that; a Killer has hooked 1 Survivor once; a 1/4 or 1/12th of his objective. While Survivors have completed 2/6th aka 1/3rd (If you count 'open gates as an obective) to 3/6th, or 1/2, of their objectives.

Again; The Killer has achieved 1/12th to, at best, 1/4 of his objectives (If every Survivor dies on 1st hook). To the Survivors 1/3rd to ONE HALF of theirs.

Killers: 1/12 or 1/4

Survivors: 1/3 or 1/2

That's the 'time crunch' that makes Killers feel forced to camp first hook.

It's boring for us, too. I know I'd rather be chasing, but if I chase, and get 3 hooks total, and then Survivors twerk and insult me? I just feel more pressured to GET THAT KILL ASAP next match. To prevent that steamroll from happening again.


So please; If/when you fix 'camping', just keep in mind that most of camping is because gens are TOO DAMN FAST.

Sure; Survivors feed campers, but we have no way of knowing that when we first camp in a new match. We start doing it because of time crunch.

So when you fix 'camping', just fix gen speeds along with it, or there probably won't be many Killers left who enjoy getting 1 kill & insulted every match.

Comments

  • @Starrseed said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2719607#Comment_2719607

    But he is right since when is someone else deciding what part of the game. I paid for has to be the fun part for me

    Am I wrong in saying that the fun part of the game is when the survivors and killers get to interact (i.e the chase, the mind games, the jukes, etc)?

    Is staring at someone on a hook more fun somehow?

  • I've played killer and had games where all my chases ended in 20-30 seconds and I've had 2 people slugged on the ground and gens still fly. Anyone who thinks gen speeds aren't a problem are delusional and only play survivor.


    "I 4k with Clown at top mmr on Haddonfield with no slow downs." Yeak ok buddy.


    DELUSIONAL.


    Survivors objective is to fast, always has been always will be. Killer can play with tactics proxying, tunneling, slugging or play fair and watch 3 or 4 survivors shove there balls on there face at the exit gate. High mmr there very little gameplay for killers unless they use NURSE, maybe Blight.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2719790#Comment_2719790

    The survivor that got downed, hooked and camped out in the first 2 minutes after waiting in 2 lobbies to play ALSO paid for the game and deserves to have fun. This is one of the only games on the market where camping another player to the point they don't get to play isn't penalized or patched out.

    This is also the only game on the market where one side thinks they can determine how the other side plays.

    Or think balance should revolve around one side and one side only. Just look at how many Survivors scream 'Nerf <x killer/perk> because it's unfun!'

    Or demand the other side shoulder the responsibility for their 'fun'. IE: Demanding Killers 'think of the Survivors fun', b ecause knocking someone out in 2 minutes is MEAN!

    I mean, never mind that the Killer's GOAL is to knock people out of the game. No, they should only do that if their target has had fun, first! Please; fill out this 40 page questionnaire on if I had fun before you hook me!


    It's lose/lose for Killers. Because Killers are TOXIC if you knock Survivors out of the game too early, but they SUCK if the Survivor gets away!

    Only try to Killer Survivors if they have done more than 2 gens, because 4King at 0-1 gens is evil and mean and toxic. But in that time, 3 more can be 99%, so you may lose, but Killers losing is a sacrifice Survivors are willing to make, in order for Survivors, and Survivors only, to have fun!

  • @RakimSockem said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2719790#Comment_2719790

    Am I wrong in saying that the fun part of the game is when the survivors and killers get to interact (i.e the chase, the mind games, the jukes, etc)?

    Is staring at someone on a hook more fun somehow?

    Nah you are right if that's what you think brings fun it's 200% true. But if he has the most fun when he get kills that's fine as well I know some killer mains that have a blast scaring survivor with ghosty and they often get ######### in chat for being boring cause they don't chase that much.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2719790#Comment_2719790

    The survivor that got downed, hooked and camped out in the first 2 minutes after waiting in 2 lobbies to play ALSO paid for the game and deserves to have fun. This is one of the only games on the market where camping another player to the point they don't get to play isn't penalized or patched out.

    Sure but if I as the killer get to sacrifice what brings me fun (not saying I personally have fun camping but some people do) cause for some reason I have to shoulder the responsibility to make a fun game for four other guys just to get tbagged at the gate and get comments like baby killer I just gonna look for my own fun. It's on bhvr to make the game fun for every one like I said to some one else I know some killer mains that love to scare people with Ghostface they don't chase that much it's more a hit and run style and they get ######### cause survs don't get to have a 4min chase to enjoy

  • Aww man... if only killers didn't camp... like it wouldn't be something that would ever need to be addressed or complained about. Sounds like a toxic killer problem to me.

1 2 ›