Most obnoxious generator build?
With the release of Scourge Hook: This World Shall Know Pain, I figure it's time to make a meme build where I focus purely on generator regression. I had this idea back when Eruption released, but that didn't pan out like I had hoped but I think this will be more fun this time around.
First off, the basic idea is to use Legion's Fuming Mix Tape or Wraith's All Seeing- "Spirit" so we can keep track of all generator progress.
So far, I think the best 3 to take would undoubtedly be Pop, Pain Resonance and Jolt, but I am actually unsure about the 4th slot. Oppression seems like a good idea, especially since it's been buffed since I used it last, but idk. If people just never leave gens the regression doesn't matter. I don't want to use Ruin because I ideally want all my perks to be usable at 1 gen.
I'd like to consider Eruption, but that perk actually does not work with Wraith or Legion's generator detection so I'm hesitant to use it. Any spitballs, guys?
I want this idea to work because I just want to hang out and be friends forever. Forever.
Forever.
F o r e v e r
Comments
I just can't bring myself to use Ruin or Pop simply because they're too meta and boring.
Personally I'd go with Pain Resonance, Pentimento, Eruption and Jolt. Probably not the most obnoxious but it's what I'd go with.
1 stack on Pent is 30% repair slowdown and the Incapacitated is a nice addition with Eruption.
Pentimento's pointless when you don't have a hex perk. People aren't going to cleanse dull totems.
...Well, maybe you could mindgame them and wear Frosty Eyes...
But I think Pop is important with this build because of the addon - you're going to see which gens need attention on the regular, and both of these killers have good mobility for reaching them. (Wraith's is way better, though, so use him. Seriously slept on addon. Mixtape is a bit awkward.)
There isn't a clear option for the last perk, but you could try Thanatophobia or Dying Light for gen slowdown? They're not ideal, though; Thana is a great option if you're doing Legion, but otherwise you're going to get strangled by CoH. And Dying Light is Dying Light. Oppression works fairly well with Pop and it won't block your gen vision like Eruption will, so it's not a bad idea. Overcharge is... well, it fits the theme, but it's Overcharge. Best not.
I don't know why y'all are humoring gen defence anymore. Against good survivors, the gens are getting done no matter what. If you want an annoying gen build that actually consistently does anything: Corrupt/Deadlock. It'll turn your 5-minute/5 gens into 7-minute/5 gens.
None because genspeeds are still ridiculous no matter what perks you have
The best regression i've found is killing survivors.
Can't repair when your dead.
There is little value in kicking a gen unless you can be 100% certain no one is around to insta fix it.
I'd go for passive regression. Something like Ruin, Pain Resonance, Corrupt and Deadlock.
You guys are indeed right, this is why I'm a noed main. I just want to switchthings up and lose as slowly as possible instead.
In the next year I'm hoping to have a full Boon and Scourge Hook build as well
Given that you want to play all the perks at the one gen and you want actual regression with no hex rng, you're not left with many choices.
Eruption is manageable on Wraith, because he's so mobile. It doesn't really matter if it messes with aura. You want to go where the gen is being worked, quickly prep and chase after that. I wouldn't pair it with Oppression, because that perk is really underwhelming. You're better off breaking out the good ol' Overcharge. Still kinda sucky, but unironically it has better potential and if they mess up the skill check, then it does tell you where to go.
This combo won't work as well on Legion, because they benefit more from passive effects, such as Ruin for regression, or Thana for slowdown. However, given what you're looking for, there's not much else to pick from.
Other than that, slap Jolt and Pain Resonance and you're good to go.
Thanatophobia perhaps? But I would go with Sloppy as another slowdown perk since it's probably better than the fourth best gen slowdown perk.
Pain Resonance is enough gen regression alone. If more is needed: Next would be pop. Then probably Corrupt. For further kick damage, Oppression.
I would not recommend Eruption since kicks from Surge and Pain Resonance does not activate Eruption.