survivors just hiding when i have a really good 3 gen (super long game...)

I HAD LIKE A 40 MINUTE MATCH, So basically i had a super strong 3 gen where it took me like 10 sec to walk past the 3 gens and the 3 last survivors were just hiding... but hey my patience won at the end i just took up my phone and played a few games etc. but its so boring... why should i go out and leave my super good 3 gen because they cant play correctly... what can i do if survivors are just hiding instead of trying i mean its not my fault they are so bad that they cant prevent a 3 gen...


as i said tips on what i can do instead of waiting like 30 minutes for them to finally start doing gens...


ooh before you start complaining i was playing CLOWN with pop, make your choice, STBFL (save the best for last) and brutal strength... STBFL was tier one so 1 hit on the obssesion is half my tokens gone, i had no good addons on... so basically i played a pretty weak killer with a half weak build, if i were playing like nurse, blight i would obviously start looking for them :)

Comments

  • To be kind of blunt, you have to actually chase survivors

    I get you have a good defense setup but if you're just going to hug all three generators the entire time and make no move to actually leave them, there's not a whole lot the three survivors can do. I've had games like that as a survivor where the killer flat out REFUSED to leave the area at all, only venturing out far enough to try to swing at the survivor before retreating right back into their zone.

    I wasn't a SWF but we ended up literally just having two people go in on two different gens while one person setup a damn nursing station (Thanks CoH! :D). Killer would hit one of us and we'd run back to our nursing station to be healed and just very very very very very very very very very very slowly chipping away at the gens until the killer was forced to actually try to chase someone as it was just a battle of attrition at that point.

  • It doesn't matter what Killer you play. Having people who refuse to progress the game by hiding the whole time is no fun.

  • @tippy2k2 said:

    To be kind of blunt, you have to actually chase survivors

    I get you have a good defense setup but if you're just going to hug all three generators the entire time and make no move to actually leave them, there's not a whole lot the three survivors can do. I've had games like that as a survivor where the killer flat out REFUSED to leave the area at all, only venturing out far enough to try to swing at the survivor before retreating right back into their zone.

    I wasn't a SWF but we ended up literally just having two people go in on two different gens while one person setup a damn nursing station (Thanks CoH! :D). Killer would hit one of us and we'd run back to our nursing station to be healed and just very very very very very very very very very very slowly chipping away at the gens until the killer was forced to actually try to chase someone as it was just a battle of attrition at that point.

    i mean i got 1 dead and 2 were on death hook besides the obsession which would make me lose ALL STACKS since stbfl was tier 1... and why would i chase away from my 3 when i dont need to... i mean i did chase a steve and feng but its not like im gonna start looping killer shack crossmap i took the easy downs... and went back to my 3 gen


    and as i said if i would have played a stronger killer like nurse which im also better at i would take the chase because then i know that im gonna be able to shut it down fast... and as i said a 3 gen is THEIR FAULT im not gonna play nice and let one of the biggest mistakes you can do slip xd... but i do get what you mean no i didnt camp the gens but i was only chasing if i could get a quick down without looping jungle gyms T and Ls etc.

  • @FlameGNG said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2716248#Comment_2716248

    i mean i got 1 dead and 2 were on death hook besides the obsession which would make me lose ALL STACKS since stbfl was tier 1... and why would i chase away from my 3 when i dont need to... i mean i did chase a steve and feng but its not like im gonna start looping killer shack crossmap i took the easy downs... and went back to my 3 gen

    You asked how you made it so that the games didn't take forever. If the survivors won't give up the game, that is the only way to do it.

    It might seem a bit unfair since they put themselves in a stupid position but if they can't even attempt to do the gens because you're just camping their objective, they're just going to hide. (Or in my case when I'm a survivor, I'll keep trying to get you to chase me and hope my team actually does something because I'm not going to hide for 40 minutes; I'll let you kill me before I do that because I'd rather go to a new game than sit there and twiddle my thumbs for 40 damn minutes...).

  • When you have a three-gen like that, one side basically has to be willing to lose, or else you're all stuck there forever. Either they have to let themselves get hooked or you have to let them do the gens.

    No one wants to have to choose between losing or staying in a stalemate forever -- it's a really un-fun scenario in the game.

  • @Hex_Llama said:

    When you have a three-gen like that, one side basically has to be willing to lose, or else you're all stuck there forever. Either they have to let themselves get hooked or you have to let them do the gens.

    No one wants to have to choose between losing or staying in a stalemate forever -- it's a really un-fun scenario in the game.

    yea i do fully understand that but its such a boring way to play when i play survivor and i get 3 genned i always attempt to get the gens done anyways :)

  • @tippy2k2 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2716257#Comment_2716257

    You asked how you made it so that the games didn't take forever. If the survivors won't give up the game, that is the only way to do it.

    It might seem a bit unfair since they put themselves in a stupid position but if they can't even attempt to do the gens because you're just camping their objective, they're just going to hide. (Or in my case when I'm a survivor, I'll keep trying to get you to chase me and hope my team actually does something because I'm not going to hide for 40 minutes; I'll let you kill me before I do that because I'd rather go to a new game than sit there and twiddle my thumbs for 40 damn minutes...).

    guess i'll just have to be the bigger man and accept the risk im taking then :) just seems unfortunate to risk an almost guaranteed win but hey i dont wanna play 40 50 min matches so :P


    it was rottenfields to so it was pretty hard to even find a survivor thats also another reason why i didnt really run crossmap and look for survivors


  • @tippy2k2 said:

    To be kind of blunt, you have to actually chase survivors

    I get you have a good defense setup but if you're just going to hug all three generators the entire time and make no move to actually leave them, there's not a whole lot the three survivors can do. I've had games like that as a survivor where the killer flat out REFUSED to leave the area at all, only venturing out far enough to try to swing at the survivor before retreating right back into their zone.

    I wasn't a SWF but we ended up literally just having two people go in on two different gens while one person setup a damn nursing station (Thanks CoH! :D). Killer would hit one of us and we'd run back to our nursing station to be healed and just very very very very very very very very very very slowly chipping away at the gens until the killer was forced to actually try to chase someone as it was just a battle of attrition at that point.

    middle gens first, corner gens last

    3 gens is the consequence for doing gens blindly, you and your team are responsible for crippling the killer as much as possible, solo or not.

  • @Hex_Llama said:

    When you have a three-gen like that, one side basically has to be willing to lose, or else you're all stuck there forever. Either they have to let themselves get hooked or you have to let them do the gens.

    No one wants to have to choose between losing or staying in a stalemate forever -- it's a really un-fun scenario in the game.

    Well the survs put themselves in that position so they should die.

  • @Barbarossa2020 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2716264#Comment_2716264

    Well the survs put themselves in that position so they should die.

    You are honorbound to die if you find yourself in a 3-gen.

  • @FlameGNG said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2716261#Comment_2716261

    guess i'll just have to be the bigger man and accept the risk im taking then :) just seems unfortunate to risk an almost guaranteed win but hey i dont wanna play 40 50 min matches so :P

    it was rottenfields to so it was pretty hard to even find a survivor thats also another reason why i didnt really run crossmap and look for survivors

    Yeah, until BHVR adds some kind of way to stop either side from just doing nothing and wasting everyone's time, there's not much else you can do unfortunately.

    I do that as the killer. I may "deserve" the actual win here because of the situation the survivors put themselves in but I also value my time way more than getting some random 4K. If that means I have to give up my 3 Gen Advantage so that the survivors busy wetting themselves in the bushes are actually willing to come out and do something, then so be it.

  • @tippy2k2 said:

    To be kind of blunt, you have to actually chase survivors

    I get you have a good defense setup but if you're just going to hug all three generators the entire time and make no move to actually leave them, there's not a whole lot the three survivors can do. I've had games like that as a survivor where the killer flat out REFUSED to leave the area at all, only venturing out far enough to try to swing at the survivor before retreating right back into their zone.

    I wasn't a SWF but we ended up literally just having two people go in on two different gens while one person setup a damn nursing station (Thanks CoH! :D). Killer would hit one of us and we'd run back to our nursing station to be healed and just very very very very very very very very very very slowly chipping away at the gens until the killer was forced to actually try to chase someone as it was just a battle of attrition at that point.

    What this guy said, in essence you're both holding the game hostage for yourselves. You can't expect survs to dangerously throw themselves at you and your gens just to die. And they shouldn't expect you to leave your three gen. So really something has to give bc you're both at fault while also not being at fault. If that makes any sense lol

    Heres what I tend to do tho since I don't like games that take forever, I'll look for a bit then maybe afk and watch yt and let them leave bc screw it it isn't worth it. If I'm a survivor I'll try my best to pump out that last gen or get chased. If I die oh well on to the next game. Some people are really hard headed in this game tho xD

  • Scourge Hook: Pain Resonance.

    If you can end a chase fast enough you'll stop the gen from finishing and snowball to win.

    There, end of your problems.