Stop saying that if DH is nerfed SB it will be worse for killers

It's a totally wrong comparison. DH benefits survivors while they are injuried, and remains active any time when survivor is injured, just press E to reach a vault or window. SB requires exhastion management, and it's not always during the match that the survivor will have 99% exhaustion recovered. Survivors are forced to use SB several times even if they don't need to, and there's a chance they'll chased while still exhausted. There's no such thing with DH, the "press E" is always avaible.

The amount of mobility or long distance killers that handle well with SB is huge, while DH negates several powers, to be honest the only thing I know that is a good counterplay against DH is trickster's knives (and instadown powers and perks, but in these cases DH is not activated).

Comments

  • @ThatOneDemoPlayer said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2715745#Comment_2715745

    People aren't running it because Dead Hard exists. There's no reason to use any other Exhaustion Perk when Dead Hard exists other than having any preference. Dead Hard beats any other Exhaustion, no , 90% of Perk by a mile

    Again i saw it 5 times in almost a month now. 3 of which cause they had to run it for adept

    I have seen way more lithes balanced landings sprint burst and hell even headon i saw more then overcome.

    dead hards excistance isn't what'a holding Overcome back. It's that it can be completly irrelivant in way to many situations for it to be worth it.

    You say instant down isn't seen often. But is it seen irregulary enough to gamble your most important perk to be completly dead?

    I personally don't think it is. I realise i am underselling it by quite a bit but the drawbacks are there and are really crippling

  • @James4125 said:

    Sprint burst isn't a problem at all. You don't get sprint burst mid chase. You don't get to sprint burst without saving it for the right moment. You don't get to erase a mistake with every sprint burst. You can't greed every single pallet and window with sprint burst without even having it. You can't keep sprint burst hidden until you need it.

    You have sprint burst you use it, make distance and that's it. If you make a mistake or the killer has some way to catch up quickly you don't get anything.

    You can use SB on the middle of a chase. I do. It's not 100% of the time, but if you manage well your exhaustion timer and walk from time to time during a chase, it works.

    I also rarely save SB. I run everytime I need to, to reach a gen, a hook, etc. SB is pretty good if you know how to manage it. Plus, use Fixated and Vigil and you have the infinite SB build (that I don't use tho, as I don't like having half my build to serve one perk). Even without Fixated and Vigil, it's still OK to manage it.

    DH is more reliable in a sense, because you can save it until you decide to press the button. But SB is way more fun IMO (and probably less unfair from the Killer's POV).

  • @ThatOneDemoPlayer said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2715736#Comment_2715736

    I mean, if the Killer is still following you after using Overcome, gens should be pumping pretty quickly

    If you're not a good looper that doesn't work plus you don't know if the gens popping "pretty quickly". I know pretty well how the solo q is working. I have over 5k hours.

    You can't convince anybody that Overcome is better than Sprint burst. It's black and white.

    Way more uses, way more plays around it.

    And the proof of that is no one use Overcome.

  • @Crowman said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2715292#Comment_2715292

    40 seconds is fairly short time that if you don't commit to the SB chase, then they'll likely have it up the next time you run into them. It also feels like you are giving Dead Hard special treatment here. Survivors can be exhausted with Dead Hard.

    There's no point in talking about a situation where a survivor is exhausted when discussing the power of the exhaustion perks.

    My experiences are contrary to your point, I have chased exhausted SB survivors several times. Dead Hard will only exhaust the survivor if he presse E, SB forces the survivor to be exhausted (even if the survivor gets 99%, at some point he will be forced to use). It is not possible to say that in this sense both are equivalent in terms of exhaustion, DH is superior in that it is available at the exact moment the survivor needs to use it.

  • @KingFieldShipper said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2715386#Comment_2715386

    Not necessarily accurate. Good survivors manage their exhaustion and 99 their sprint burst, which is why I also am in the camp of killer mains will get more mad at SB than they ever did with DH.

    Yeah the best survivors do. But the best survivors will also have 2 gens done before you can even hook your first survivor so that doesn't change anything. And that micro management is far more skill than dead hard requires.

    @TheMadCat said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2715386#Comment_2715386

    You can use SB on the middle of a chase. I do. It's not 100% of the time, but if you manage well your exhaustion timer and walk from time to time during a chase, it works.

    I also rarely save SB. I run everytime I need to, to reach a gen, a hook, etc. SB is pretty good if you know how to manage it. Plus, use Fixated and Vigil and you have the infinite SB build (that I don't use tho, as I don't like having half my build to serve one perk). Even without Fixated and Vigil, it's still OK to manage it.

    DH is more reliable in a sense, because you can save it until you decide to press the button. But SB is way more fun IMO (and probably less unfair from the Killer's POV).

    You hit the nail on the head with your first paragraph. "It's not 100%" that alone makes playing against sprint burst infinitely more fun and fair than catching up just to lose all that distance to a single button press.

  • @Johnny_XMan said:

    It’s the truth. You think DH is stronger than SB because you don’t ignore the DH user. You do the SB user.

    Exactly. I can't wait for the DH nerf and the killers reactions to everyone using SB. It's wayyy more annoying than DH.

1 2 ›