The Xbox Experience
So from popular request based on my reddit post of the same name. I was asked to post my story where the development team may actually view the post.
On Xbox, the community is small at high ranks and has allowed many of us to get to know one another. Seeing the same person in the game repeatedly, often even back to back. However, we face a terrible toxicity issue that PC hasn't had to deal with.
We have no report system, or bans. The only bans on console come in the form of comm bans that Xbox provides for particular language. What this has created, is an environment where people are allowed to grief, harass, bully, and focus on players they dislike.
As there is no ban system, we have never purged any people from our community that break the games rules, such as imprisoning people in corners or basements, repeatedly doing animations such as moris or unhooks to grief people, and direct hunting for particular players.
What this has done, has allowed the toxic players of the game to form a large friend group which has bullied and harassed people who achieve rank 1. They use back up accounts to message with, take names of people who don't do their bidding and grief them in the ways I've described.
I have been personally stalked, harassed, DDOS'ed, and hunted by this group for months, and I have finally come to implore the development team to create law on console.
Every post I make, every person I meet, is swamped with posts and comments and messages to try to debunk my arguments, because they believe that with their numbers they can scare me away from defending myself.
The Dead by Daylight experience has made me and my family feel unsafe from threats. DDOS attacks, and harassment.
In consoles current state it is a western town and it is run by frontier justice where the only defense we have towards these people is communication bans against their backup accounts.
I completely expect this post to be swarmed by him and his 10 or so friends.
Comments
I play on Xbox at rank 1 for both survivor and killer. I honestly do not know what you are talking about in regards to the group stuff, but yes there is toxicity. On both sides.
This is the norm for Xbox though. Play anything and you get this kind of crap. It would be very nice if BHVR could do something about it for DBD.
But the point is that, toxicity evolves over time. With static names and the increased ability for the toxic people to meet one another, they form mobs. Which is what has happened on dead by daylight.
https://imgur.com/a/6xWFvsA
https://imgur.com/a/7na9xmX
Here's some screenshots.
One person being upset is manageable but when you have someone who gets their friends and their friends friends to come after people, that's when it becomes stalking and harassment.
Also shown was the ddos attacker messaging me my own information before shutting off my internet.
Behavior not dealing with these situations has actually made my life dangerous which is mind blowing.
Why can't they just ban on console? I have sent them videos, and screenshot, and messaged them.
If I need to handwrite letters I will lol but something needs to be done
Console bann system is coming Soon TM
The small playerbase on xbox could be solved by enabling crossplatform
Like I said they've started harassing my friends and DDOSing my home.
@not_Queen @Patricia_BHVR @Peanits
@Zillence Sorry for your issues. Contact your isp about the ddos. Contact xbox directly about the other stuff. I guess?
Console bans are on the way. Can't give an exact ETA just yet, but they should be in soon.
It's very unfortunate to hear that people are doing that. We would absolutely step in where necessary. We do not tolerate DDoS real life threats, and we will enforce the console versions of the game the same way as PC as soon as possible.
Until then, please be sure to report those people to the Xbox team as well as in-game. They will be able to take immediate action against them, and even though we do not have console bans of our own just yet, your report will be saved and we will review it at a later date.
Personally I don’t see what they can do because any potential fix just opens the door for abuse of said fix. If you can report people for these things and get them banned, you think people won’t report you for it? It’s like when reports used to destroy your XBL rep and make you unable to matchmake in other games, survivors would mass report you
for perceived slight or offense.
If people are threatening your family or threatening you with hacking attacks then that’s an issue for Microsoft. BHVR can’t even ban cheaters and lag switchers on PC, what can they do to console users? Also can you link this reddit thread? It’s probably a good read.
Not sure where this is coming from, we do ban plenty of lagswitchers.
Hello @Zillence !
I am very sorry with everything you are experiencing on our game on XBOX.
We are getting the bans on console, it is in the roadmap.
Sadly I do not have the confirmed ETA to announce today.
WHAT TO DO NOW
IN THE FUTURE - WHEN DBD CONSOLE BANS ARE IMPLEMENTED
This is PC only for now but will be the same process on console when we implement the feature
Again, I really want to say I am sorry of what you are experiencing but be sure we are trying to make this game a better place to be for every player.
EDIT as @only1biggs said, if you receive DDOS threats, you can contact your ISP as well as local authorities in certain areas.
As sad as it is, it's true.
A streamer called DrDisrespect got his house shot over videogames.
He has a lil baby girl living there with him, so that could've ended horribly.
I haven't had it quite that bad on Xbox, but I've had a few pretty nasty messages too. I got called the "C" word for facecamping a survivor when two of them held the game hostage for 10 minutes after the gates were open. I also had a killer message me before another game started to tell me he wanted to kill and eat my dogs (they are in my profile pic.) People are messed up.