Does It Matter If Your Nice?

Seriously? I just had a match where two of the survivors were afk straight from the beginning so I took it way easy on the other two survivors. I even took time to eat my granola bar! Well, I guess they took this as they were gods or somethings because of course both waited for me at the exit gate to bm me until I chased them off. It was real classy. So of course that just makes me want to be extra sweaty for the next guys but I don't want to be like that...how do you guys do it? How can you be nice?

Comments

  • Who cares? Play nice if you want, or don’t. Not every survivor is like this. I don’t care if a few survivors are toxic... I’m still not gonna play in a mean way or super sweaty as killer. That’s just not how I like to play.

  • @lauraa said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2712588#Comment_2712588

    Because the Killer is a crowd pleaser role. The map is your stage and your play style is your music genre.

    Since we play alone, sometimes we just want to be remembered :(

    That was beautiful, lol

  • @pseudechis said:

    Play thematically.

    As killer its your role to kill the survivors so just do it.

    I actually don't like it when the killer is nice because it kinda flies in the face of the theme. Killers should be threatening, scary, unpredictable and generally a force to be reckoned with.

    If Myers and Laurie just hugged it out and then went for icecream Halloween wouldn't be the iconic slasher film it is today, why people expect the same from DBD boggles my mind but here we are.

    You see post after post of "the killer didn't kill me politely or let me go waaahh!" its nuts.

    I mean, the most recent Halloween isn't really "iconic" anyways, but that's my opinion i guess

  • So of course that just makes me want to be extra sweaty for the next guys but I don't want to be like that

    ######### will always be #########, it's not a valid reason to unload the frustration on the next team

    The "risk" of being nice is that you'll find ungrateful people that think they need to crush the opponent everytime and be jerks about it

    Shrug it off, say "gg" and keep trying to break the toxicity circle

    As @Laluzi said, probably the only way survivor will recognize you spared them is after you've beaten them.

    Like, dropping them in front of their 3rd hook instead of killing them sometimes work

  • Not letting people go isn't toxic though.

    You can argue all day about teabagging or smacking people on hooks or post game trash talk, but playing the game and killing survivors isn't toxic.

  • @Sludge said:

    Not letting people go isn't toxic though.

    You can argue all day about teabagging or smacking people on hooks or post game trash talk, but playing the game and killing survivors isn't toxic.

    I don't think anyone is saying killing survivors is toxic. It does really suck if you're face camped or hard tunneled. What I find is that if I alternate hooks though so the very earliest a survivor could be killed is five hooks and generally I don't see a kill until 7 to 9 hooks keeps the BP high for everybody and my games are a lot more chill.

  • Be nice if you want to be nice. I guess I'm pretty nice, and that's because I find a lot of the "not nice" things really boring. Goes for both camping/tunneling and going hardcore gens-before-friends or whatever.

    Just be consistent about it. If someone adopts a "Your fun isn't my responsibility" attitude I better not ever see them seethe when someone does something they dislike. If they do, I'll honestly applaud whoever finally trolls them into saying something that gets them banned, hypocrites like that get no sympathy.

  • Nearly every time I try to be decent when someone is AFK or sandbagging or even just not taking the dumb plays as a gift because "tis the season" someone has to be obnoxious.

    "schooled me? I had you dead to rights twice while injured and let you go because your teammate unhooked you way too early and left you flappin in the breeze."

    "whatever loser keep sayin that."


    Don't be nice. Take every gift they give you. No mercy. No remorse.

1 2 ›